Season Tickets 2016-17 (Ticket Hotline: 0161 785 5150)

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ticket office confirmed ticket in main stand paddock up from £325 to £350 for this promotion.

Therefore 1 win will mean only a £25 reduction on last years price.

Seems strange when promotion states prices frozen at last year's price.

I've just spoken to the ticket office and they've confirmed it's £350 adult in the Main Stand Lower and £180 concession so that's a £25 increase for me from last year and £10 for my Dad.

Still a great offer and a risk worth taking in my opinion, especially considering we'd have renewed regardless, offer or no offer.

Ticket office confirmed ticket in main stand paddock up from £325 to £350 for this promotion.

Seems very strange. I'll tweet Simon Brooke.

Still needs paying back tho doesnt it. If you were going to CC your ST in May, then yeah CC it today and hit up the potential good deal.

So. If you have £350 going spare at three days notice, it's a good deal.

Like I said.

I honestly dont get your point on this. We are near to when they normally start selling tickets anyway. If you're someone that doesnt have much income and are getting a season ticket then surely you would have been saving up throughout the year and be pretty much nearly there by now. The deal is a gamble for anyone and you could get the ticket just before the last game and get the same discount as everyone else.

You can do it over the phone so getting down to the ticket office in time shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by daniel8157

I too got told my ticket for the paddock was going up to £350....but everyone elses price has been frozen

How is this any different from any other season. We are just paying for our ST a few weeks earlier than normal

The earlier timing raises suspicion about cashflow issues. I think that's understandable, even if I don't think Corney will put the club into administration.

I honestly dont get your point on this. We are near to when they normally start selling tickets anyway. If you're someone that doesnt have much income and are getting a season ticket then surely you would have been saving up throughout the year and be pretty much nearly there by now. The deal is a gamble for anyone and you could get the ticket just before the last game and get the same discount as everyone else.

You can do it over the phone so getting down to the ticket office in time shouldn't be an issue.

It's very easy for those who have the ability to rejig their finances to think others must be able to do the same. However, there will be fans unable or unwilling to put the purchase on a credit card or to free up the necessary cash two or three months earlier than expected. If you can't appreciate that, you're obviously in a fortunate position.

Having said that, it's a good offer for those able to take advantage. As the saying goes, the club can't please all of the people all of the time. It's tough :censored: for those not able to buy now.

I remember the last time a season ticket offer came along unexpectedly in March...

Nearly didn't have a club 3 months later...

I do have this worry. Think fans may profit off some terrible business acumen by the club.

The likelihood is that we'll have the same number of season ticket holders (or fewer) just paying £50 or £100 less, in a league where we're getting smaller away gate receipts, sponsorship and league funding.

I do have this worry. Think fans may profit off some terrible business acumen by the club.

The likelihood is that we'll have the same number of season ticket holders (or fewer) just paying £50 or £100 less, in a league where we're getting smaller away gate receipts, sponsorship and league funding.

Up to the owners to make up any shortfall, if they want to do.

That shiny new stand should help...

It's very easy for those who have the ability to rejig their finances to think others must be able to do the same. However, there will be fans unable or unwilling to put the purchase on a credit card or to free up the necessary cash two or three months earlier than expected. If you can't appreciate that, you're obviously in a fortunate position.

Having said that, it's a good offer for those able to take advantage. As the saying goes, the club can't please all of the people all of the time. It's tough :censored: for those not able to buy now.

I do appreciate there are some people that are not going to be able to get the money together in the timeframe and can understand people who dont want to use a credit card. I was just trying to say that if your someone on low income who is a regular season ticket holder i would have thought most would put some away each month so would by now be close to having their money for next seasons tickets by now. Hopefully not many people will miss out on it.

On the cash flow point im sure they are short as there was only 1 home game in feb and the club probably do need the cash injection because of that and that they will still be paying out for things on the stand but its probably unlikely that we are close to going onto administration like some people speculate on here

I think a lot of people on this forum tend to take anything with latics where we dont have all the info and automatically come to the worst case scenario when its generally never that bad. Its the main reason I tend to be not that active on here anymore.

I think you misunderstand BB80's point.

Clear the balance in full, pay no interest.

If you can't, a typical credit card will charge you about £5.25 a month interest on £350.

So a three month deferment adds £16.

Bang it on a CC and then transfer on to a new card with 0% and It'll cost nowt or 3 or 4% balance transfer which is £14 worse case scenario ......there are loads to choose from at the moment all queuing up for your business!!