Curtis Main

I never said the board dont make bad or wrong decisions but I also don't make conclusions with out all the facts in hand which none of us have.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing especially in football and when appointing managers who are unsuccessful. LJs appointment was met with disgust by many but he did so well that he is known as Judas at this point. Kelly and Dunn where :censored: but sometimes you have to take risks in football or you accomplish nothing sometimes risks bring massive success. I don't like to use Utd as examples but after lording it over everybody for years they are showing the world that despite having money up the Ying yang appointing the right man to manage your football club is not easy. It's not exact science!

In regard to the stand we had fans screaming blue murder for it to be finished and some still are despite knowing that it will affect the product on the pitch. You can't have it both ways.

Cash flow is always king! if you cant see that then more fool you.

If any business puts cash flow before profit it is putting its long term future at risk. A business should be properly financed for it to be succesful long term.

Re the North Stand certain people have fallen in love with the idea since it was first mentioned but I wasnt one of them and still am not.

Regarding us with Judas, he came with some connections and a certain pedegree-Kelly did not-that was a stupid decision as a lot of people said.

Regarding managers the Scum should never have let Ferguson choose his successor. They should have cleverer people in situ to make those choices.

I could quote back to you Leicester choosing 'The Tinkerman' but as you quite rightly say it is not an exact science-it should be a logical choice from all of the possible candidates. It does seem to me and from other comments that we went for the cheap option-now that is not a logically based method.

My opinion is obviously based on my interpretation of the available facts but I still maintain that the North Stand has buggered up our season and quite possibly put our long term future in a more perilous position and I cannot see that improving for quite a length of time-we have more debts to pay off!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any business puts cash flow before profit it is putting its long term future at risk. A business should be properly financed for it to be succesful long term.

Re the North Stand certain people have fallen in love with the idea since it was first mentioned but I wasnt one of them and still am not.

Regarding us with Judas, he came with some connections and a certain pedegree-Kelly did not-that was a stupid decision as a lot of people said.

Regarding managers the Scum should never have let Ferguson choose his successor. They should have cleverer people in situ to make those choices.

I could quote back to you Leicester choosing 'The Tinkerman' but as you quite rightly say it is not an exact science-it should be a logical choice from all of the possible candidates. It does seem to me and from other comments that we went for the cheap option-now that is not a logically based method.

My opinion is obviously based on my interpretation of the available facts but I still maintain that the North Stand has buggered up our season and quite possibly put our long term future in a more perilous position and I cannot see that improving for quite a length of time-we have more debts to pay off!

Nah.

Imagining that sung by hundreds in fancy dress for our survival celebration at the Den. Got to happen!!

And to think I was going to suggest something to the tune of Purple Rain. Pah!!

Only want to see you score for Oldham. Curtis Main.

Curtis Main, Curtis May-ain

Guest nonaenever

I take my hat off to Main - and it shows how us fans can get things wrong. I wasn't impressed with him at first - thought he was all bluff and bluster. How wrong I was - he has worked his socks off - improved his game, shown true desire and scored some utterly crucial goals. I do wonder if he has really blossomed since Holloway's enforced absence? (taking nothin away from Holloway by saying that by the way) - fully deserves a contract offer from us if that can be done next season.

I take my hat off to Main - and it shows how us fans can get things wrong. I wasn't impressed with him at first - thought he was all bluff and bluster. How wrong I was - he has worked his socks off - improved his game, shown true desire and scored some utterly crucial goals. I do wonder if he has really blossomed since Holloway's enforced absence? (taking nothin away from Holloway by saying that by the way) - fully deserves a contract offer from us if that can be done next season.

Think that either on their own is probably better than them together - too similar to each other.

Feel it's one of them plus a more pacy forward that works best.

My favourite post on their forum last night went something along the lines of, "The fat lady has stopped singing and is nursing a sore bum from having been rogered by Curtis Main". :laught30:

....which incidentally, was in a thread called, "A sphincter twitching like a rabbit's nostrils"

....what about Murphy? Proven League 2 goalscoring record? Although I did note Wimbledon had dropped him to the bench last night.

If Wimbledon dropped him to the bench i would make a racket if i was him, i personally think they are taking advantage of him, he won't be in a good mindset, i would speak to the manager & give him a backhander if i was him.

My favourite post on their forum last night went something along the lines of, "The fat lady has stopped singing and is nursing a sore bum from having been rogered by Curtis Main". :laught30:

It is evident that we do need someone of Main's ilk. He chases everything. Almost like a dog with two dicks. Evidence of which is clearly demonstrated in this picture...

[/url]">http://http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/JeffyDee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016420_145121.jpg.html'>2016420_145121.jpg