Saturday's games at the foot of the table

That doesn't half show Doncaster's collapse. Only picked up 4 points in that time.

Barnsley (and too a lesser extent Bradford's) climb up the table stands out too.

Think Donny's record of last 13 games stands at W0 D4 L9

How is the Scottish wifebeater still in a job??? Although he can carry on as far as I'm concerned :grin:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At no point during this season did I ever think we would go down. However, with hindsight, we probably were going under dunn.

Really? I admire your confidence. But, before Dunn was sacked, sitting comfortably in the bottom four with form of LDLDLLL, I was struggling to believe that we were going to stay up.

I actually think Dunn was a worse appointment than Kelly. Kelly's appointment was a total joke and should never have happened but it was a model we'd used before with LJ which had worked pretty well. But to get it wrong a second time in such a short space of time with Dunn was suicidal. I think most of us were expecting/hoping for an experienced hand after the disastrous Kelly appointment.

The only moment of doubt I had was when we were 1-0 at HT vs Gillingham and everyone else was winning. At that point we were 8pts behind. Said to a few people that if it doesn't change in the next 45mins, I can't see us pulling back 8pts and a poor GD. Thankfully, we won and other games swung-around. Each step of the way...where we've not quite picked up the points in one game, we've got them in another (ala Rochdale/Burton), We need to take 4pts from next 3 games IMO. Then beat Crewe. That will put us on 51pts...we will probably need to pick up another point to be safe. I'm not making any predictions, but I am confident we will be ok with the way we are fighting.

What makes that table even more remarkable irrespective of whether we knock off Shez's first two games is the fact that the confidence levels of these players was absolutely shot. Imagine what could have been with a full pre-season. Granted, the loans have played a huge part and I have no doubt that Shez would have picked up much the same during the close season. Holloway and Palmer clearly impressed him last year in L2, so we may well have got them anyway.

Edit: Donny's fall from Grace is equally as remarkable. Makes Dickov's reign almost palatable.

Edited by L1onheartNew

Really? I admire your confidence. But, before Dunn was sacked, sitting comfortably in the bottom four with form of LDLDLLL, I was struggling to believe that we were going to stay up.

Yeah. Im one of those don't look at the table until febuary types. I also scour for positives (they were that we didnt concede many and weren't losing many games either). Also the fact that most people were getting hysterical had the opposite effect, as it was the same people who said Eardley, Taylor, O'Grady, Davies etc were ':censored:' so I discounted their views instantly.

I was also trying really hard not to let my personal views on terrorist supporters cloud my view of his job and probably gave him more slack than he deserved.

Looking back on all this from a detatched standpoint, I believe I was in for a relegation shock.

Luckily Corney saw through all this and acted accordingly.

:censored: that! Want us to be 7 points clear when we beat Crewe and putting kids in at Millwall and against Coventry (I'm dreaming, I know!)

Those games against Stoke (Stuart Thom getting sent off) and Reading still live quite fresh in the memory...oh for a Paul Beavers now...

This for me