Saturday's games at the foot of the table

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See Fleetwood's miss at 1-0 yesterday on the Football League Show? Their draw, in reality, was probably a very decent result for us..

Agreed.

Their match on Tuesday is a lot harder than it was a couple of weeks ago as Peterborough have hit a good run of form.

Still, it's in our hands.

Guest nonaenever

In the nicest possible way, of course, Oldham fans simply have to invade Fleetwood when we play them away. It's the one chance we'll have to create an atmosphere like a home game in what is the definitive "6 pointer" - nerve shredding stuff

In the nicest possible way, of course, Oldham fans simply have to invade Fleetwood when we play them away. It's the one chance we'll have to create an atmosphere like a home game in what is the definitive "6 pointer" - nerve shredding stuff

We could be dead and buried by then.

But given our home form this season is creating an atmosphere like a home game a good thing? :omg:

Following England's last over capitulation in the World T20 last night, I have returned to my non-committal self and will remain unconvinced of our safety this season even if we start next season in L1.

However, if Cassidy is our only option and he keeps Stokes out of the team, we will be fine.

Edited by L1onheartNew

Our home atmosphere is :censored:e, so no thanks.

Yeah after 28 days

For the record...Matty Palmer can't be recalled as we got him between Jan 1st-Jan 31st.

See the Curtis Main (who can be recalled after 28 days) topic for the discussion and FA detailing about who can and can't be recalled.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/48462-holloway-main-and-palmer/page-3

Edited by boundaryblue80

If there only me who is fascinated seeing other teams picking up points and us still languishing in the drop zone area without pulling away?

Don't get me wrong, whilst I'd rather not see us drop I would certainly like to see it go down to the Millwall game at the very least.

There is only you.

If there only me who is fascinated seeing other teams picking up points and us still languishing in the drop zone area without pulling away?

Don't get me wrong, whilst I'd rather not see us drop I would certainly like to see it go down to the Millwall game at the very least.

I quite like the idea that we could get safety in the last couple of games having not left the relegation spots since November. That'd be a sickener for the victim.

It would be great if we were to stay up with a last minute goal in the last game of the season.

That said, I'd rather forego such excitement and be safe with games to spare.....

As sad as it is, that is probably the closest most of our fans will have gotten to success

:censored: that! Want us to be 7 points clear when we beat Crewe and putting kids in at Millwall and against Coventry (I'm dreaming, I know!)

Those games against Stoke (Stuart Thom getting sent off) and Reading still live quite fresh in the memory...oh for a Paul Beavers now...

The closest I've been to real end of season excitement, with the exception of our two League One play-off appearances, were the Bradford & Torquay games around 2005(?). I remember Danny Cadamarteri was in the Bradford side. I think we lost to Torquay at home, taking it to the last/second-last game against Bradford. That was a bit exciting, but a lot :censored:.

Unfortunately staying up is a an achievement to many Oldham fans now, a chairman with a total lack of ambition has somehow over the time of his tenure managed to brainwash the remaining fans to be happy with 20th in League 1 and a last 8 appearance in the JPT that no other club gives a :censored: about.