Saturday's games at the foot of the table

How do you work out Fleetwood getting a point as an ideal result, singe? No way Swindon are going down. One positive for relegation is we'll avoid MK away next season...

Bit of a shame Fleetwood play on Tuesday night - would've been good to have it in our hands to get out of the relegation zone- but Peterborough are in decent form, with three consecutive wins, so probably a good time for a rival to play them. All that being said, as close as we're getting to getting to 20th or higher, we've been in the relegation zone continuously since November.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not all bad today.

Blackpool 2 - 0 Southend.......Very Bad result

Chesterfield 4 - 2 Port Vale...Very bad result

Colchester 0 - 0 Millwall......Not too bad

Peterborough 3 - 0 Crewe......Excellent result

Rochdale 2 - 2 Doncaster.......Under circumstances, adn such a late equaliser, OK result.

Shrewsbury 1 - 5 Wigan.........Good result

Swindon 1 - 1 Fleetwood Town...Ideal result

Blackpool 2 - 0 Southend.......Bad result

Chesterfield 4 - 2 Port Vale...Bad result

Colchester 0 - 0 Millwall......irrelevant result

Peterborough 3 - 0 Crewe......irrelevant result

Rochdale 2 - 2 Doncaster....... Bad result

Swindon 1 - 1 Fleetwood Town...Bad result

??

Edited by monkeykieran

How do you work out Fleetwood getting a point as an ideal result, singe? No way Swindon are going down. One positive for relegation is we'll avoid MK away next season...

Bit of a shame Fleetwood play on Tuesday night - would've been good to have it in our hands to get out of the relegation zone- but Peterborough are in decent form, with three consecutive wins, so probably a good time for a rival to play them. All that being said, as close as we're getting to getting to 20th or higher, we've been in the relegation zone continuously since November.

You're right about Fleetwood in one way, and ideal result is not right. But Swindon are on a bit of a bad run and could be that side that freefalls into the relegation zone. They could be stuck on 51, and we get 52! Had they on I think they would have been safe. Edited by singe

Just looked at the fixtures to play and gave up, the permutations are mind blowing but at least 3 points from the next 2 games are an absolute must!!

Colchester and Crewe are all but down, I think we can stay above Doncaster, and looking at Shrewsbury's fixtures I fancy us to beat their points total.

Blackpool 2 - 0 Southend.......Bad result

??no way is Colchester irrelevant. If they had won, they would have been on 37 pts. Only 4 behind. I know we have games in hand, but with injuries we could lose a couple and be dragged back in. Had Colchester won (and they were ahead) that would have been 3 straight wins.

Absolute must win on Tuesday.

The results could obviously have been better but were considerably worse at one point.

That must be a seriously damaging result for Shrewsbury to get a hammering like that at home.

50 points needed as a minimum for my money with Blackpools upturn in form....

Crewe, Colchester & Doncaster are down the last place is between us Fleetwood & Blackpool.

Gut instinct says Fleetwood will go.

Shrewsbury will be in the mix. They've got a bad run in.

Chesterfield will be in the mix aswell, since we've got 2 games in hand on them.

Crewe, Colchester & Doncaster are down the last place is between us Fleetwood & Blackpool.

Gut instinct says Fleetwood will go.

I felt that too but have just looked at the fixtures that see them play us, Blackpool and Crewe (last game) with at least a couple of those at home.

We need to up the ante if anything. That said Shrewsburys fixtures are horrendous and with a win on Tuesday we pull them right into the mix!!

Don't agree with that.....if I was a Shrewsbury fan my arse would be twitching right now, their remaining fixture list is horrendous!

Agreed horrendous fixtures to play - key thing is they already have 46 points with 7 games to play & bizarre results occur at this stage of the season, would you rather be in their position or our's?

It's in our hands. Best find someone who knows what the back of the net looks like or at least get everyone who's gets within a foot near the penalty box to shoot at goal

Don't know if my nerves, finger nails and alcoholic intake (liver) can withstand the pressure.

Edited by underdog

It's in our hands. Best find someone who knows what the back of the net looks like or at least get everyone who's gets within a foot near the penalty box to shoot at goal

Don't know if my nerves, finger nails and alcoholic intake (liver) can withstand the pressure.

This for me. It's in our hands - let's concentrate on beating Swindon

It's an ever-moving feast but if we're using 52 points as our aim for survival, then we can write-off Crewe and Colchester right now.

Doncaster are in big trouble and probably require 4 wins and 2 draws from their final games which is highly improbable. They're down.

With 46 points, both Chesterfield and Shrewsbury only need a couple of wins from 6 and 7 games respectively. They're most likely safe.

That leaves us, Blackpool and Fleetwood for that fourth spot. We have games in hand but I'd much rather have points in the bag at this stage of the season.

Blackpool need a couple of wins and a draw from their 5 remaining games. Achievable but not a given.

For what it's worth though, I think it's a straight shoot out between us and Fleetwood, with Tuesday having a big bearing on proceedings.

I'm much happier to be playing Swindon than Peterborough on current form. Plus our cabbage patch of a pitch must surely prove an advantage against a team that likes to pass on the floor. Let Gerrard stick Ajose on his arse early doors before grinding out a 1-0 victory. We may just find ourselves outside the bottom four for the first time since November.

Our run-in looks very similar to Fleetwood's so it's realistic to believe that we could match their results. Anything from our game in hand at Barnsley a week on Tuesday would be a bonus.

It's going to go to the wire this one, people!

Our form has been consistanly mid-table during the last 12 games.

How many times during that spell have we got more than we expected from some of those games?

We are consistently average when others around us are falling short of that.

I believe we have the management and players to maintain our form and finish a point or two beyond four other clubs.

Blackpool have picked up, Colchester are getting points and we are in mid table form. Chesterfield and shrews should be safe but have tough run insurance.

It really is wide open and the games in hand just confuse things more. At one point I thought all we had to do was beat blackpool and donny which looked relatively simple. Now....I'm not so sure again

3 very winnable home games in Swindon , Crewe and Coventry .

Throw a couple of draws in from other games and that will give us 52 pts.

Enough to stay up i reckon this year , only just but enough.

Before Shez arrived we had no chance , now it's in our own hands and that is all we could ask for.

??no way is Colchester irrelevant. If they had won, they would have been on 37 pts. Only 4 behind. I know we have games in hand, but with injuries we could lose a couple and be dragged back in. Had Colchester won (and they were ahead) that would have been 3 straight wins.

All of those bad results are not really that bad at all. Especially if you are a Blackpool, Chesterfield, Donny or Fleetwood fan.

They are all irrelevant. Our focus should be getting above just one more team and staying there.

Fleetwood have just increased our chances of doing so. Anything less than three points for them against Swindon was an absolute bonus for us

Edited by L1onheartNew