Onto Walsall then....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coleman was excellent today, came when he had too, stayed put at the right times, looks a confident keeper again. But my MOM has to be Kelly, absolutely everywhere a proper captains performance. And James Wilson ran him close, the late block when there lad was through was immense.

The best player on the pitch by far was the Walsall number 10 a quality player that lad.

Massive win that makes Barnsley a free game. I thought we were very poor first half, I a half which Walsall dominated. Second half was much improved with everyone working hard for the team

We played the first half with 10. Jones was abysmal in that first 45.

Thought we were going to get done today but we more than matched them and at times shaded it. I really didn't think we'd go on to win it and still can't believe it really. I've just had to text my wife to let her know I'm running off with John Sheridan.

[quote name="disjointed"

The best player on the pitch by far was the Walsall number 10 a quality player that lad.

Stunning result and a performance that just oozed grit and togetherness.

That last comment is spot on though. We couldn't get near him all afternoon!!

Stunning result and a performance that just oozed grit and togetherness.

That last comment is spot on though. We couldn't get near him all afternoon!!

Released by West Brom, don't know what they were thinking of.

Great victory against a very good footballing team who totally outplayed us first half but nice that Coleman is getting the credit together with Gerrard and J Wilson.

A special mention too for the referee who I thought was excellent-that is probably the first time ever that I have said that!

Great victory against a very good footballing team who totally outplayed us first half but nice that Coleman is getting the credit together with Gerrard and J Wilson.

A special mention too for the referee who I thought was excellent-that is probably the first time ever that I have said that!

Really? I thought the ref was crap. Two or three free kicks he gave against us in the first half were excellent challenges. He also gave a few incorrect throw in decisions too (what's with the lino's waiting to see which way the ref points? It's happening more and more)

Really? I thought the ref was crap. Two or three free kicks he gave against us in the first half were excellent challenges. He also gave a few incorrect throw in decisions too (what's with the lino's waiting to see which way the ref points? It's happening more and more)

I tend to allow for a few mistakes when it is a 50/50 challemge and want a ref who lets the game flow-some would have pulled up Forte before we scored for deftly moving the defender out of the way before he played the ball. He correctly booked Jones for his pathetic play acting.

I think after the linesman tried to give them a corner in the first half when he couldnt possibly see the contact then the referee had a quick word to say that he would ask if he needed any guidance

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Correct me if I'm wrong, but kicking somebody hard in the head, deliberate or otherwise, is a straight red card isn't it? Complete failure to consider the safety of an opponent there.

I thought they got away with a couple of late ones that should have been yellows too.

Same bloke who sent off Brown at Bradford ...

Edited by opinions4u

I thought referee was very poor. The kick in the head was a straight red card. Also there was a further free kick that the player through himself feet first into a tackle and he gave the foul but did not card the player. If Connor Browns was a red then this was a double red. Perhaps even though they did not rescind Connors sending off he was advised it was not acceptable and now bwhaves differently.