Matty Palmer Recalled

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He came here at one of our lowest ever points, gave 100%, got stuck in, gave us a touch of class and composure and helped lift everyone around him. Together with Tony and Mandy Holloway, he's had a great impact.

Good luck to him. Should be in the Championship, one way or another.

Did very well here in a relegation battle and by all accounts did well last year in a promotion push but 2 seperate managers at Burton didnt pick him at the right end of league 1 until desperate to stop a slide.

I liked him here and hope he returns next season but doing well in a :censored:e Oldham team does not the championship make.

I wish him well in the future and im sure he will do well as his game improves with experience but some Oldham fans go OTT sometimes.

Edited by palmer1

• 3 weeks later...

Matt Palmer @mattpalmer_23
What a day! Promoted to the championship 1f61c.pnghttps://twitter.com/burtonalbionfc/status

Oldham Athletic AFC Verified account @OfficialOAFC 5h5 hours ago

Oldham Athletic AFC Retweeted Matt Palmer

Congratulations, Matty! Well done to you & @burtonalbionfc on promotion to the @SkyBetChamp. #oafc

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I'm sure I'm in a minority, but I'm sick of us congratulating other clubs for going up...

Why, is it something we do a lot?

Isn't there a limit to the number of teams that can go up and that we can congratulate?

Why, is it something we do a lot?

Isn't there a limit to the number of teams that can go up and that we can congratulate?

We've done it for Wigan, Leicester and Burton in the last week. Would rather we fired a parting shot full of hatred. The :censored:s...

I'm sure I'm in a minority, but I'm sick of us congratulating other clubs for going up...

Heaven help us if Chesterfield do anything of note.

Leicester - not arsed

Burton - made sense with Palmer

Wigan - nauseating

This nicely sums up my feelings about it. Any more and I would question how dispensable our current web monkey is. Nevermind our commercial team.