Matty Palmer Recalled

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On reflection, it's a shame he didn't have a right to veto a recall in his loan agreement like Main did. I'm sure he'd have activated it if he did.

Nice thought, but I think we may overplay the power of a "Ooh Matty Palmer chant".

Main - leave a team doing well fighting to stay up or go back to a team likely to go down. Staying is the easy option.

Palmer - as above but go to a team where you might win automatic or play in the play-offs? Doesn't burn bridges here if he wanted / needed to come back, therefore if I was him I'd have gone back.

Nice thought, but I think we may overplay the power of a "Ooh Matty Palmer chant".

Main - leave a team doing well fighting to stay up or go back to a team likely to go down. Staying is the easy option.

Palmer - as above but go to a team where you might win automatic or play in the play-offs? Doesn't burn bridges here if he wanted / needed to come back, therefore if I was him I'd have gone back.

Idont think its about fans chanting his name. I think he'd have stayed because, like Main, he wants to play regularly.

I think he'll be on the bench at Burton, not starting regularly, because he doesn't fit their style of play particularly well.

We are a better team with Palmer but there were a few games where at times he was anonymous. Gillingham 1st half, Blackpool 1st half etc to name 2. But then at times he completely ran the show like the 2nd half vs Gillingham. Overall though, I'm not overly worried. I don't expect much tonight as we rarely get anything at Oakwell but the true test with Palmer will be Fleetwood. Another chance for Winchester.

Idont think its about fans chanting his name. I think he'd have stayed because, like Main, he wants to play regularly.

I think he'll be on the bench at Burton, not starting regularly, because he doesn't fit their style of play particularly well.

As many others have said, Burton are slipping and he may well be what they need right now, certainly if they end up in the playoffs they don't want to leave him here and risk injury.

It's a pretty obvious decision on both their and his part really. A shame for us, but like Shez said we knew the risks.

Very sorry to see the superb Matty Palmer go but without him and Holloway it could be an opportunity to appreciate just how much the whole squad have improved during the last 3 months.

True. But if we are honest...out of the 3 players Palmer, Holloway & Gerrard, the one we needed earlier this season more than most was Gerrard. If we were to lose him, then I'd be a lot more worried right now than I am.

Very sorry to see the superb Matty Palmer go but without him and Holloway it could be an opportunity to appreciate just how much the whole squad have improved during the last 3 months.

Amazing how improvement can be found when you are playing for a contract...

True. But if we are honest...out of the 3 players Palmer, Holloway & Gerrard, the one we needed earlier this season more than most was Gerrard. If we were to lose him, then I'd be a lot more worried right now than I am.

Back then maybe, but would you be that bothered with two from Timmy and the Wilsons right now?

Simon Corney has just been on Latics Player. He's had discussions with Shez regarding next season and is very optimistic we will stay up. Gordon asked about Matty Palmer coming back. SC said you never know, but Palmer has had several offers that he knows about already, and scouts have been at our games watching him.

Pleased he got to play today - good player and deserves first team football.

May never don the blue of Latics again but I wish him well because I believe he was instrumental in putting us in a position where we might stay up.

Ooh Matty Palmer