Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

Joint 6th favourite at 12/1. I still think he will be here next season because I don't think avoiding relegation at Oldham is actually something other clubs will see as a major achievement. If he flirts with play offs and promotion next year than of course that would change.

Keith Hill is quite high up on a number of clubs radars if the odds are any indication. Looks like he is sick of Rochdale residents apathy and he is off to me, cant blame him really. Dale will be in a relegation battle if he leaves, because not only is he a big (and scruffy) hole to fill, he will also take some players. They flattered to deceive this season even with him.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? They ended up with nothing. Just like us. Arguably, our season was more exciting actually, we pretty much had 20 cup games from January. They flattered to deceive in that they never had a hope in hell of the play offs, despite the hype.

Lost one less game than us. Could easily have been very different from them, and next year I think it will be... Keith Hill or no Keith Hill.

Edited by kowenicki

Joint 6th favourite at 12/1. I still think he will be here next season because I don't think avoiding relegation at Oldham is actually something other clubs will see as a major achievement. If he flirts with play offs and promotion next year than of course that would change.

Keith Hill is quite high up on a number of clubs radars if the odds are any indication. Looks like he is sick of Rochdale residents apathy and he is off to me, cant blame him really. Dale will be in a relegation battle if he leaves, because not only is he a big (and scruffy) hole to fill, he will also take some players. They flattered to deceive this season even with him.

Totally agree he's worked marvels there, but their level of support means they've pretty much peaked in terms of what they can achieve. They've had their best season in living memory but struggled to get even 2500 home fans to Spotland. Their poor following to BP over the last few seasons highlights the lack of support in the town for it's football team. It's a shame really.

I'd say getting nearly 70 points with that budget and squad is a much bigger miracle than the one performed by our John.

I wouldn't. I'd say they are very similar, with Shez pipping it. Shez's performance equates to a similar season total with a squad he didn't create or know that was on its arse and in meltdown. Our budget wont be much different to theirs, lets see how it pans out next year, if Hill is still there that is.

Our budget will be somewhat larger than theirs, little doubt about that.

and Sheridan hasn't been responsible for spending a penny of it yet and it wasn't his team and we were on our arse and and and.... He worked a miracle every bit as good as what Hill has 'achieved' this season at Dale, no question.

That's Oldham-esque replacing Russell Slade with Paul Trollope.

That's Oldham-esque replacing Russell Slade with Paul Trollope

:lol:

Trollope definitely has a good coaching reputation and has worked there since February, which apparently coincided with their upturn in form.

The thing that would annoy me if that happened to us is that they effectively made two big announcements about their manager while effectively changing nothing.

According to the Bolton News, Bolton now have a short list of 4 candidates that doesn't include Sheridan - Peter Reid, Nigel Adkins, Neil Redfearn and Steve Thompson.

Our budget will be somewhat larger than theirs, little doubt about that.

Totally disagree...while we've been starving ourselves and robbing Paul to pay Peter to build a new stand, Dale have had FA Cup home ties against Leeds, Sheff Weds, Notts Forest and Stoke City (a TV tie = money) in the last 2 seasons to our nothing.

Totally disagree...while we've been starving ourselves and robbing Paul to pay Peter to build a new stand, Dale have had FA Cup home ties against Leeds, Sheff Weds, Notts Forest and Stoke City (a TV tie = money) in the last 2 seasons to our nothing.

What does that have to do with budget? They might have brought in the money, doesn't mean they have spent it.

Henderson will be on decent money, no doubt Hill as well, many others?

What does that have to do with budget? They might have brought in the money, doesn't mean they have spent it.

Henderson will be on decent money, no doubt Hill as well, many others?

What does a cup run have to do with the budget???

I give up...clearly you're just being a troll...