Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt about it - he could get more money at the drop of a hat.

No doubt in my mind either that he will be off at some stage.

HOWEVER - he has a decent enough chance at Oldham of success next season, whereby his CV would show some continuation. He would have 'architect' as an attribute written next to 'fireman'.

Yes and the likelihood of him succeeding is probably greater at Leeds in the championship than it is at Oldham in League 1 on a bucket load more money for doing so too...

Why is everyone presuming he won't be an 'architect' at Leeds and will be at 'Oldham'...

Too many people with blue coloured glasses on...if Shez got offered the Leeds job he should take it...people dream of loyalty but the reality is almost everyone has a price.

Sheridan now out to 8/1 for the Leeds job. Big change from 1/6 last week.

Robinson favourite at 4/6, Ivan Juric (who?) is second favourite at 7/4.

Says in today's daily express that Juric has just got his current team Crotone promoted from Seria B to Seria A but they're going to struggle to keep hold of him as Leeds want him. Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Yes and the likelihood of him succeeding is probably greater at Leeds in the championship than it is at Oldham in League 1 on a bucket load more money for doing so too...

Why is everyone presuming he won't be an 'architect' at Leeds and will be at 'Oldham'...

Too many people with blue coloured glasses on...if Shez got offered the Leeds job he should take it...people dream of loyalty but the reality is almost everyone has a price.

Just suggesting that a bit of continuity isn't always a bad thing and that the situation at Leeds may not be too stable right now.

Warnock has left Rotherham.

So I guess we should expect Sheridan to be installed as favourite for that job within the next couple of hours.

Warnock now favourite for Blackburn job!

Shez 25/1 for Rotherham - same as Ronnie Moore

What a merry go round

Edited by LaticsPete

Can't paste a link from my work PC, but there is a suggestion on Twitter from the Bolton News reporter, that Sheridan is appearing amongst the favourites for these jobs because he has an agent touting him around. He says he's not sure how serious Bolton's interest in him was.

The biggest reason I don't think Shez will leave is not down to loyalty but more down to the fact that he is seen as small time and even a cheap option to anyone in the championship right now. Keeping Oldham in league 1 is not an achievement that is going to woo the big clubs he will be here next season. Edited by GlossopLatic

Shez Watch

Bolton

Blackburn

Leeds

Notts Forest

Charlton

Cardiff

Aston Villa

Rotherham

Peterborough

Barnsley

Walsall

Northampton

Celtic

Watford

Sheff Utd Chris Wilder

Updated

It's going to be easier to list clubs that have a manager.

Rotherham seems like a more obvious fit than Leeds for Sheridan.

More obvious than the club he played over 200+ games for. The club where the fans consider him a legend and until very recently the club the bookies had favourite to be next manager...

Really obvious.

More obvious than the club he played over 200+ games for. The club where the fans consider him a legend and until very recently the club the bookies had favourite to be next manager...

Really obvious.

You've got a brain, use it.

Nah! How's about you post what you mean, until then...

It most certainly isn't a more obvious fit than the club he played over 200+ games for. The club where the fans consider him a legend and until very recently the club the bookies had favourite to be next manager...

Credentials, expectations etc etc.

I doubt Sheridan would leave us for Rotherham...there's a price to his loyalty...one that the likes of Ledds, Sheff Weds and Bolton could probably match. The likes of Rotherham are probably not worth the risk to him.

Irrelevant at the moment. Shez said he'd leave for Leeds or Sheff Wed but no other team realistically.

I don't doubt that, just saying I think that looks a more suitable type of job than a Leeds where the intensity and pressures are much different from what he has experienced as a manager.

Irrelevant at the moment. Shez said he'd leave for Leeds or Sheff Wed but no other team realistically.

He specifically mentioned Leeds and Sheff Weds for obvious reasons but I'm sure he'd be off like shot to any Championship club given the chance and rightly so..

Sheridan now out to 8/1 for the Leeds job. Big change from 1/6 last week.

Robinson favourite at 4/6, Ivan Juric (who?) is second favourite at 7/4.

Shez's Leeds odds are drifting. He's now 4th favourite at 12/1. Robinson still odds on fav at 8/11. Steve Evans is 2nd fav at 3/1.

Edited by Mark59