Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it very hard to believe Shez would go to Notts County unless behind the scenes we really are in deep :censored:.

And let's be honest, with the constant murmurings of cash flow issues, the fact the new stand is still miles away from completion and other things, it'd hardly be a surprise.

This is not good news at all, and speaks volumes about the club's situation in general TBH.

I find it very hard to believe Shez would go to Notts County unless behind the scenes we really are in deep :censored:.

And let's be honest, with the constant murmurings of cash flow issues, the fact the new stand is still miles away from completion and other things, it'd hardly be a surprise.

This is not good news at all, and speaks volumes about the club's situation in general TBH.

Spot on

If we're losing a manager to League 2 clubs, our next one is going to be a poverty Kelly mould, isn't it.

Surely Corney can't be arsed with this :censored: over and over again, especially after offering a 3 year contract. Is it the final straw?

Has shez been offered a new contract? Not read that.

I agree. How can Notts County afford compensation? Why would you leave to go to a club in a transfer embargo? Why drop a league to a struggling League 2 club after bigging up the play offs here?

So many questions.

Repeating the obvious, but football has no integrity and every one involved is a :censored:... very disillusioned. Who'd be an owner.

Two ways I see it:

1. Notts County have a new owner making big promises and statements

2. We really are :censored:ed

Suppose they're not mutually exclusive either, but there must be a reason Shez is putting himself about so much

This on Twitter might determine how we see it:

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko Protected Tweets 5m5 minutes ago

@RoryL96 He's not gone yet. Next move down to Oldham.

If Sheridan goes to County, it's yet another example of the boards lack of ambition... Especially when a Darren Kelly is appointed again.

He has just (JUST) happily signed a 3 year deal and been hyping us for the play offs for next year in the last few weeks.

You are off the mark this time blaming the board.

Two ways I see it:

1. Notts County have a new owner making big promises and statements

2. We really are :censored:ed

Suppose they're not mutually exclusive either, but there must be a reason Shez is putting himself about so much

This on Twitter might determine how we see it:

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko Protected Tweets 5m5 minutes ago

@RoryL96 He's not gone yet. Next move down to Oldham.

What is this tweet all about? Partick Thistle?

He has just (JUST) happily signed a 3 year deal and been hyping us for the play offs for next year in the last few weeks.

Not at all... You highlight that he's signed a contract, so the board could simply tell Notts County to do one, as Barry said we did with Bolton...

A club should not be losing their manager to a club in the league below...

Shez would deserve a large amount of criticism if he takes the job. Not only because of going to a club in a lower division, with a transfer embargo and a recent track record for sacking managers, but because of the way that he (or his agent) has been touting him around to other clubs offer the last month.

Is it really so desperate here that he wants out so badly??

That's the same question I'd ask the board. Of course you don't want a manager in charge that doesn't want to be there, but come on! Are we really not able to present the club in a good enough way so that a fans favourite with a lot of history at the club won't get his head turned by an unstable club in the division below?

If this happens I strongly expect our 20th consecutive season at this level to be our last.

Not at all... You highlight that he's signed a contract, so the board could simply tell Notts County to do one, as Barry said we did with Bolton...

A club should not be losing their manager to a club in the league below...

You and I know it isn't that easy. If someone wants to leave... they will leave. So much for all the chest badge slapping and unfinished business horse :censored:.

It's the same situation as when he was initially linked with Bolton. He'll stay and thinks he could get a team into the playoffs but what will be needed for that to happen is that he'll need backing with a playing budget he feels he can worth with. If that's not available (& I think a lot of rumour started after he sat down with thd board to discuss this, at the end of the season) then he'll move to somewhere this is available and probably get a decent salary for himself into the bargain. Up to the board to provide what's needed.

It's the same situation as when he was initially linked with Bolton. He'll stay and thinks he could get a team into the playoffs but what will be needed for that to happen is that he'll need backing with a playing budget he feels he can worth with. If that's not available (& I think a lot of rumour started after he sat down with thd board to discuss this, at the end of the season) then he'll move to somewhere this is available and probably get a decent salary for himself into the bargain. Up to the board to provide what's needed.

Surely at the back end of last season when he took the job there must've been a discussion about budgets. He can't have taken it with just last season in mind.

Have we been hit hard in this window which has caused our initial budget to be lowered?

Rich that managers moan about instabilities of the job. They're just as bad as the boards...

Edited by NewBlue

BBC Radio Nottingham's reporter Colin Slater - who has reported on Notts County for 48 years - believes Shez will be appointed in the next few days. He said Shez had a good working relationship with Jason Turner at Newport. Turner is now the CEO at County.

I just can't see this happening. They're a club that should be top L1/Championship in terms of resources, but they've had a stupid amount of managers in the last few years and no sign of that changing anytime soon. I could see the attraction of Bolton and Leeds for Sheridan, in that they're bigger clubs than us. But with County he'll be at a lower club with less job security. Hopefully it's the press/bookies seeing him linked with Bolton and Leeds, and making up an easy story given Sheridan's connections with their Chief Exec.

Although it's becoming a weekly thing that he's odds on to join a new club. Got to be something in it somewhere.

Ask yourself which is more believable...

Shez leaving a club he has a strong affinity with, for a club that's in the league below with a bit of instability at the moment.

Or...

Shez leaving the club because Corney et al made false promises on budgets, perhaps hasn't been open on the general state of the club behind the scenes (late paying wages, incomplete North Stand et) and feels as though he won't be able to take this club anywhere near where was originally led to believe was possible.

After the way this club has been run in recent years, I most certainly would not be opposed to believing the latter.