Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

I am afraid if true Shez wold go down in my estimation a lot "I have a job to finsish" my arse.

It's like Johnson leaving after 5 mins, and it is like Dowie touting himself whilst going hard and not going home.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCRNS

Honestly I'm not believing it until I see it. It would be the most depressing statement of intent by the club to allow Shez to drop down a division to a club that has been a mess for a while.

Not sure what Shez would be thinking either. They have a history of sacking managers and going there would hardly enhance his reputation.

Nothing the club can do about a manager touting himself around. They aren't "allowing Shez" to do it, he has a contract and the Board has issued a statement. He is telling them he wants to go, and they cannot stop him. What is more, they should not be stopping a manager who does not want to be here.

Unusual for a BBC website to speculate, so this has more credence than most.

Still, let's hope it's Shez angling for a better deal/budget.

From Leeds to Notts County is a bit of a drop in his status.

If Shez leaves us for a League 2 team there are serious, serious issues at this club.

Respect for the man himself would drop like a stone, too.

Notts County apparently don't even have a proper owner.

Edited by NewBlue

Comments from Nottingham Post :

25 2016, 7:44AM

How many more 'Hot Favourites' do we have to hear about before Notts County decide on a new manager. This type of journalism is boring to say the least.

May 24 2016, 10:41PM

These daily stories are meaningless and offer no insight whatsoever. All you do is tell us who the bookies favourite is, and every day it changes. If I wanted to know that I could just go directly to the bookies' website.

Thank god. If this happens at least I can write off next season nice and early. No lingering hopes to be killed off in August like other years.

I'd be very disappointed if Sheridan does move. Wouldn't speak well of him. I'd also wonder why he thinks he'd be more successful there; is the budget available to him at BP that bad?

I am afraid if true Shez wold go down in my estimation a lot "I have a job to finsish" my arse.

It's like Johnson leaving after 5 mins, and it is like Dowie touting himself whilst going hard and not going home.

..and not being paid.

..and not being paid.

But that was not the issue. He could have left straight away with his head held high. It was the hypocrisy of telling everyone to stay strong and stick around through thick and thin. Whilst doing the opposite. Of not going hard and going home.

..and not being paid.

But that was not the issue. He could have left straight away with his head held high. It was the hypocrisy of telling everyone to stay strong and stick around through thick and thin. Whilst doing the opposite. Of not going hard and going home.

Something is not right. Shez appearing amongst the favourites for pretty much every FL job going, journalists saying he has agents trying to get him a new job.

Whatever it is, must be serious if he's considering swapping a safe job at a League 1 club he 'loves' for a League 2 job at a club with more than it's fair share of problems.

It's interesting too that there has been no movement on signings at all yet. Usually by this stage of the close season, 1 or 2 of the existing players offered contracts will have signed up.

Without a pot to piss in he may feel like we don't match his ambition, as much as we like to think we are a bigger club than the likes of Notts County we are not and we are as badly run as any, a diet of peanuts may not be enough to keep Shez unfortunately.

Something is not right. Shez appearing amongst the favourites for pretty much every FL job going, journalists saying he has agents trying to get him a new job.

Whatever it is, must be serious if he's considering swapping a safe job at a League 1 club he 'loves' for a League 2 job at a club with more than it's fair share of problems.

It's interesting too that there has been no movement on signings at all yet. Usually by this stage of the close season, 1 or 2 of the existing players offered contracts will have signed up.

Only one hack has said that he's been told an agent has been active. Hardly an in depth piece of journalism

As for players signing new contracts - both Shez and most of the players are on holiday . Have a look at other clubs/ lots of players haven't responded to offers yet.

BREAKING: #notts expected to appoint #oafc boss John Sheridan as their new manager in the next few days.

Is this just about money? Why would Shez drop down a division, for a club that is further away from his home, and that he has no previous affinity with. His only link with the city is one appearance for Nottingham Forest in 1989!

PS: Is Shez back from his holiday yet?

If we're losing a manager to League 2 clubs, our next one is going to be a poverty Kelly mould, isn't it.

Surely Corney can't be arsed with this :censored: over and over again, especially after offering a 3 year contract. Is it the final straw?

If we're losing a manager to League 2 clubs, our next one is going to be a poverty Kelly mould, isn't it.

Surely Corney can't be arsed with this :censored: over and over again, especially after offering a 3 year contract. Is it the final straw?

I agree. How can Notts County afford compensation? Why would you leave to go to a club in a transfer embargo? Why drop a league to a struggling League 2 club after bigging up the play offs here?

So many questions.

Repeating the obvious, but football has no integrity and every one involved is a :censored:... very disillusioned. Who'd be an owner.