Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not read back through this whole topic - I barely post on here these days, but on the final Sunday of the season I went for a pint after the game and my brother in law told me that he had been told by a solicitor he knows, that the club would be put into administration very shortly (like within a week or two).

I dismissed this as a load of bollocks at the time and haven't really thought about it since, but this Notts County rumour makes it seem far more plausible in my mind.

It wouldn't be a surprise at all if Shez is applying for any/all jobs if he knows the ship is sinking. You could hardly blame the bloke either.

Hope it's not true though.

Why? They've got 5/6k crowds for the last 25 years. They're virtually identical size-wise to us.

Well yeah, they're similar at the moment, but given their stadium and catchment area, they've got more potential to sustain themselves at the top-end of league one at least.

But their owner hires managers more than we have recently, so I can't see the logic for Sheridan to go there.

Ahhh the administration rumour. We've been a couple of weeks away from administration for the past 7/8 years.

Was just going to post the same thing..... I think the last time it was posted was this time last year as well.

We've not had the Forte's retiring with knee trouble yet though

I'm going to throw another possibility in here, we are being taken over and the new owner wants to bring in his own man.

This ofcourse could be clutching at more straws than a masterbating scarecrow and honestly I'm starting to get very worried now that our manager apoears to be strongly linked to a job a league below us but it's another possibility.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Well yeah, they're similar at the moment, but given their stadium and catchment area, they've got more potential to sustain themselves at the top-end of league one at least.

But their owner hires managers more than we have recently, so I can't see the logic for Sheridan to go there.

They've got a miles bigger club almost literally on their doorstep. Not that Oldham hasn't, but at least City and United have a different identity.

Must be money and a long contract offer. It's probably favourable for managers the hiring and firing culture - they get a long contract which gets paid off 2 years before it's completed. Ideal scenario really.

Was just going to post the same thing..... I think the last time it was posted was this time last year as well.

If someone's heard something, it's worth sharing. As long as it's not just a blag, there's no harm done if it turns out to be bollocks.

I was sure we were going to be Spurs' feeder club when that one came on here a while back.

Fellas, I said I dismissed it as utter bollocks at the time and hadn't given it a second thought until I saw the Shez to Notts County rumours. Leeds or even Bolton I could almost understand from a football perspective, but Notts County?! Really?!

Didn't mean it as directing at you Dan. Just that it's a rumour regularly started without substance by a few on here and social media every few months and everyone suddenly starts :censored:ting it and wanting statements from the club.

Considering Notts are not paying bills and are under a transfer embargo, I can't see Shez moving there.

Given the level of rumour re Sheriden and new management positions, he is going to leave sooner or later.

Might not be NCFC (but likely) but he is obviously looking for new role, and he will get one soon.

Falls into the Dowie/Johnson group for me - ambition outstrips the clubs and focused on moving onwards and upwards asap.

Given the level of rumour re Sheriden and new management positions, he is going to leave sooner or later.

Might not be NCFC (but likely) but he is obviously looking for new role, and he will get one soon.

Falls into the Dowie/Johnson group for me - ambition outstrips the clubs and focused on moving onwards and upwards asap.

This...

He had been fave for the last 3 jobs that have come available, a job in each division bar the prem. There has to be a reason for this and its only a matter of time before he moves on now.

so for all those who wont be happy about it and are going to cancel their season tickets. Do it now quickly and quietly please, we dont need to hear about it when the inevitable happens ;)

Edited by palmer1

No smoke without fire, or at least not this much smoke without fire. Seems that Sheridan is looking for a new job. That does beg the question of why, especially if dropping down to League Two is more attractive than staying at Latics.

The Notts County link changes things in my opinion because it takes the situation away from the notion that he is just being linked with bigger clubs he has an affinity with, that would be tempting to anyone in his position.

This speaks of a man so desperate to leave that he's willing to take a job where his hands are tied by a transfer embargo at a club that won't be giving him a big budget when they can't pay their existing bills.

It begs the question, what is so bad about his situation at Latics that he wants to jump ship to anyone who'll have him?

Unless this was all agreed to as part of the rescue mission?

Notts County wanted him prior to us swooping.

Tell you what John, keep us up and you can go to County. They won't be going up or down...

Not likely given his public interest in the Leeds job.

My guess would be that in his budget meeting he was told not to get us promoted (as Corney and Bazza have previously stated would cripple us financially) and he has had a bust up with them. Who would want to manage a team where your job target is to not go up and not go down??

Unless this was all agreed to as part of the rescue mission?

Notts County wanted him prior to us swooping.

Tell you what John, keep us up and you can go to County. They won't be going up or down...

Buy that wouldn't explain the links to all the other jobs.

It looks to me like he's more concerned about getting away from us than where he goes to.

The Notts County link changes things in my opinion because it takes the situation away from the notion that he is just being linked with bigger clubs he has an affinity with, that would be tempting to anyone in his position.

This speaks of a man so desperate to leave that he's willing to take a job where his hands are tied by a transfer embargo at a club that won't be giving him a big budget when they can't pay their existing bills.

It begs the question, what is so bad about his situation at Latics that he wants to jump ship to anyone who'll have him?

This was my train of thought, and then I remembered the admin rumour. What is it about the situation at OAFC that would drive him to accept an offer with a hamstrung division 4 club?

Whatever the reason, it's very worrying in my opinion.

My guess would be that in his budget meeting he was told not to get us promoted (as Corney and Bazza have previously stated would cripple us financially) and he has had a bust up with them. Who would want to manage a team where your job target is to not go up and not go down??

This is the biggest pile of :censored: I've read on here