Room 101 - Latics Disasters, Despair & Disappointments

Supporting Latics is usually full of some disaster or despair or disappointment so if you could consign them all to Room 101 who or what would you put in there?

I will start things off, I've not really thought about it that much but here goes.

My hero Alan Groves sold to Blackpool

My replacement hero Simon Stainrod sold to QPR

Keith Edwards

That goal at Wembley in 1994

The ex-boss of Torex

The Play Offs

Barry Owen

Mark Robins

Graeme Sharp

Darren Kelly

Big Clubs (like Barnsley & Notts County)

Budgets

UEFA Badges

Top scorer in awesome form booted out - Mickey Quinn

Top scorer in awesome form booted out - Ron Futcher

young starlet sold - Alan Young

Losing the Anglo Scottish cup final at home 0-3

Ian Stott not investing into Oldham to keep us in the premier league. Being up there for just two more season would have allowed us to rebuild boundary park and our image

either of the FA cup semi finals going our way - to win the FA cup again would have permanently reshaped our image - at least into a Blackburn / Bolton level club

me not winning the lotto and being able to buy OAFC and Roughyeds - turning boundary park into a sporting complex with the Rugby league next door sharing a dual sided massive north stand

Top scorer in awesome form booted out - Mickey Quinn

Top scorer in awesome form booted out - Ron Futcher

young starlet sold - Alan Young

Losing the Anglo Scottish cup final at home 0-3

Ian Stott not investing into Oldham to keep us in the premier league. Being up there for just two more season would have allowed us to rebuild boundary park and our image

either of the FA cup semi finals going our way - to win the FA cup again would have permanently reshaped our image - at least into a Blackburn / Bolton level club

me not winning the lotto and being able to buy OAFC and Roughyeds - turning boundary park into a sporting complex with the Rugby league next door sharing a dual sided massive north stand

Given how much the new North stand has cost by my reckoning you'd have had to win the lotto about 10 weeks on the trot.

Alan groves engineered the move himself as he had massive debts to clear from his shop and other bad investments lashers paid him a large signing on fee and doubled his wages

Alan Young went under the new fangled freedom of contract little the club could do realy other than counter liecesters money offer

gream sharp would of much prefered John Aldridge who we passed up on even tho he had trained with us pre signing off sharp and should Never of been given the managers position

keith bloody edwards mark hughes chris moore and mark robins can all suffer in the fiery pits of hell for eternity and damnation

Mark Hughes

Ian Stott and the missing millions from the Premier League Years

Chris Moore's Girlfriend

Whoever showed Dave Penney a Tactician's board

Mick Wadsworth

Darren Kelly

Chris Porter

Barry Owen - Thank god he never got voted into the League Rep role

Belle Vue Dogs

All Seater Stadium

Barry Owen - Thanks for Chedgate - If you want to give something back open a young offenders rehab centre don't use my club as one

Paul Furlong - Worst I've felt after a game

Goal line technology not being in place in 1990

Joe not making a sub to kill time before that at Wembley 1994 (what I still say is that it was an offside goal - Robson was in an offside position when the ball is played forward which wasn't allowed in those days, coming back or not)

Edited by kowenicki

Mark Robins

Mark Hughes

Lees Brewery/Ian Stott not investing during the pinch me years

Les Pogliacomi getting injured

Chris effing Moore

The night at the dogs

Ched Evans

Barry Blatter

Lee Johnson

Dean Holden's appointment

Darren Kelly's appointment

David Dunn's appointment

Mark Robins

Mark Hughes

Lees Brewery/Ian Stott not investing during the pinch me years

Les Pogliacomi getting injured

Chris effing Moore

The night at the dogs

Ched Evans

Barry Blatter

Lee Johnson

Dean Holden's appointment

Darren Kelly's appointment

David Dunn's appointment

So we should be looking for the new manager not to have a first name beginning with "D" then?

Graeme Sharp.

Very little room for anything or anyone else with that :censored: taking up all the space.

The room should be thirty feet wide by 7. It will be 8 1/2 feet high and have goal posts placed in the centre. Balls will be eternally pinged from the right and every time he misses he will die a horribly inventive gruesome death, cube style.

Edited by L1onheartNew

Graeme Sharp.

His two goals at Maine Road in 1991 were sublime..... he was top scorer in our first season back in the top flight with 13..... and he scored 1 goal in every 3 games on average..... as much as 'that' miss was bad..... and his contribution to our 2nd relegation in 97 was significant..... there are so many more moments/people worthy of room 101 before him.....

His two goals at Maine Road in 1991 were sublime..... he was top scorer in our first season back in the top flight with 13..... and he scored 1 goal in every 3 games on average..... as much as 'that' miss was bad..... and his contribution to our 2nd relegation in 97 was significant..... there are so many more moments/people worthy of room 101 before him.....

I agree, up until that moment, there were worthier. For me though, no moment in the clubs recent history was as cataclysmic.

We had plateaued as a playing squad and needed a boost. Hughes goal would have been irrelevant and probably would never have happened. Anyone would have beaten Chelsea in the final and the prospect of the cup winners cup the following season would have been enough to beat both Sheffield clubs and buy us the time to restrengthen the team. Instead, it started the sequence of events that leaves us where we are now.

The sale of Baxter

The manner of the sale of Tarkowski and everything that went with it.

Lee Johnson's departure

Board's short sightedness in managerial appointments (recent barring Shez)

The choice of beer in the Rocky road.

How we turn reasonable striker options into Diana Ross circ 1994.

Chedgate and the rep we got though it.

Carl Winchester's painfully slow development. In fact, any youth products development for a long time (barring Tarky).