Wages unpaid?

Heard from a source yesterday there are serious financial problems, including philliskirk not paid for 2 months? It would explain the mass exodus to lower clubs if we're not expecting the money to come in. Anyone else heard this at all?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was reported that some were (not all) not being paid on time, ie the next working day which fell into June, but not about people not being paid at all. Certainly not for 2 months, possible people just putting 2 + 2 I think.

Heard from a source yesterday there are serious financial problems, including philliskirk not paid for 2 months? It would explain the mass exodus to lower clubs if we're not expecting the money to come in. Anyone else heard this at all?

Have Brassbank been paid, we don't hear about them?

I work with one of our scouts, the PFA have supposedly been involved with the club for a while over supporting the club to meet wages due. His source is an ex-Latics player within the PFA.

Given the ex-player's links to BP he's no reason to spin a yarn...

Edited by oafcprozac

We have scouts?

Freelance ones yes. All the players he watched and we intended to sign have moved elsewhere after we have held back on offering the deals - fair enough given our managerial situation. We've lost out on a couple of wingers from non-league. A centre mid with a hammer of a left foot and a centre back (Taffazolli)

The club is being kept alive by a life support machine that's made up of player sales and short term thinking, the rest of the land and surrounding area is making a tidy profit for brass bank. I mean come on let's be serious no one thinks Corney is plugging financial gaps in the club do they? It's not sustainable for him to do that. Club may get match day income from the stand but you can bet your bottom dollar the match day income goes to paying off debt for the stand whilst the mon-fri income goes straight into brass bank and OEC.

Club is being shafted and the sooner all fans unite and realise this the better.

I work with one of our scouts, the PFA have supposedly been involved with the club for a while over supporting the club to meet wages due. His source is an ex-Latics player within the PFA.

Given the ex-player's links to BP he's no reason to spin a yarn...

For what is worth I was told the same on Thursday . I can't substantiate it but I believe the person who told me 100%. I have known him for over 40 years

Freelance ones yes. All the players he watched and we intended to sign have moved elsewhere after we have held back on offering the deals - fair enough given our managerial situation. We've lost out on a couple of wingers from non-league. A centre mid with a hammer of a left foot and a centre back (Taffazolli)

Lost out on non league players! says a lot about the clubs circumstances.

Have Brassbank been paid, we don't hear about them?

Brass bank are no doubt the first to be paid. My source is someone from the rarely wrong chron, who got info from someone close to philliskirk. Can't give names I'm afraid.

Whether this particular rumour is true or not, there are several other indicators of financial problems at the club - the confirmed late payment of wages, the sale of anyone with any value, the manager jumping ship as quickly as he could at the end of the season, the necaru loan, the early season ticket offer etc

We should definitely be worried.

Whether this particular rumour is true or not, there are several other indicators of financial problems at the club - the confirmed late payment of wages, the sale of anyone with any value, the manager jumping ship as quickly as he could at the end of the season, the necaru loan, the early season ticket offer etc

In fairness, you can interpret all those differently.

Is there a word for having a chronic short-term cash flow problem?