Scoreboard

Dear all, as above please find the news announcement made by Simon Brooke your Trust Rep today and that is now on the trust oldham website and Facebook page. A massive thanks so to all those who have contributed. Whoop!

We are pleased to announce that thanks to the contributions of Oldham fans from around the world we raised £27,835 for the #knowthescore campaign run in conjunction with Tifosy. This beat the revised £26,000 target and means we will have a new scoreboard.

The screen will be owned by Trust Oldham, with a percentage of all revenue generated being returned to the Trust to use on further fan initiatives.

For those of you awaiting news on the football-related rewards (training day, team picture, director for the day and management meetings) we are currently arranging suitable times with the new management team. Once these have been agreed we will be contacting fans directly with the arrangements.

Thank you for your support throughout the campaign. We will make a further announcement once we have confirmed all logistics with regards to the screen.

Edited by underdog

Dear blue and Dazzman

I don't have the dimensions yet but I believe the proposed location, emphasis on proposed will be somewhere were it can seen from all three home stands

Hope this helps

Well done to everybody.

How did we go about securing a video scoreboard in the end, given the original target was 120k? Not that it matters like, just out of interest.

I presume it's somewhat smaller than the one we hoped to get initially.

Well done to everybody.

How did we go about securing a video scoreboard in the end, given the original target was 120k? Not that it matters like, just out of interest.

Tbh, I don't have the business savvy, contacts or negotiating skills...luckily, other trusts directors do. I have say a big acknowledgement has to go to Simon Brooke who saw this as an opportunity, re-negotiated and drove it over the finishing line with the support of the other team trust members.

It's quite an astonishing achievement by all, fans, club, trust...just shows what we can do.

well done on appointing a manager, getting some loan players in with great potential I am sure and securing the signature of some players who have done great in the all powerful spl for 12 months. It's progress sure but i really wouldn't get too excited yet. That's no criticism of the club, they are just preparing for the new season and it may go swimmingly but am still struggling to understand why let alone accept that we are in this position as a football club. It's not all rosey you know folks

well done on appointing a manager, getting some loan players in with great potential I am sure and securing the signature of some players who have done great in the all powerful spl for 12 months. It's progress sure but i really wouldn't get too excited yet. That's no criticism of the club, they are just preparing for the new season and it may go swimmingly but am still struggling to understand why let alone accept that we are in this position as a football club. It's not all rosey you know folks

It's football, not the be-all and end-all of life.

If it depresses you that much, then do something else on a Saturday afternoon.

Really...it's not worth losing sleep over.

Its not all doom and gloom either. Cheer up.

Is it the video screen that was being shown off when the original target was 120k or is it now persumably a different one with the revised target in mind?

Defiitely a different one.

We've raised26k

I asked Simon Brooke, but he was keeping hos cards close to his chest, and saying negotiations start.

I'm confident it will not be a rock bottom of the range one.

Better than expected I think.

Well done to everybody.

It's a black and white one with only 3 channels