Edmondson out on loan

Burgess was the by far worst defender on the pitch versus Carlisle so that logic doesn't stand up, although I understand your point we seem to view our own players failings different from those of our loanees.

I would disagree about Burgess having a worse game than Edmundson, both from seeing them live and having just reviewed the highlights. And with regards to having different views, for me personally, it makes zero difference, loanee or contracted; while they wear the shirt, they're Oldham players full stop.

Guest nonaenever

Might just turn out to be another Tarkowski.

Yes he had a shocker against Carlisle but looks to have all the attributes. Personally, would rather we played and developed him alongside Clarke than rely on a loanee in Burgess.

But will trust the manager; game time will be good for him - just hope he doesn't pick up a nasty injury.

Will come good this lad.

Yes he had a shocker against Carlisle but looks to have all the attributes. Personally, would rather we played and developed him alongside Clarke than rely on a loanee in Burgess.

But will trust the manager; game time will be good for him - just hope he doesn't pick up a nasty injury.

Will come good this lad.

Not convinced, personally... but sincerely hope I'm proved wrong!

Not convinced, personally... but sincerely hope I'm proved wrong!

To be fair, if we are comparing to Tarky - he had a mare at Sheffield Wednesday away which was his debut? (Might be wrong there...)

Edmundson looked alright when he came in under Shez last season, going out on loan should harden him up playing in that league.

Will come good this lad.

Does his loan have to be 6 months under these new regulations? Seems too long for me in his case-we might end up needing him before then

Does his loan have to be 6 months under these new regulations? Seems too long for me in his case-we might end up needing him before then

Edmundson is on a youth loan and can be recalled if required after 28 days. Mantack and Stott also to go out on loan.