Who out of this team...

Not read this thread.

But simply put based off today we've got no one comfortable on the ball, no build up play in midfield, and we're :censored:ed until we get that sorted.

We're not doomed yet, but we will be if we don't bring in players comfortable with the ball in January.

We have one of the most uncomfortable players on the ball I've seen in Fane.

2 reasons.

1. Burgess can't defend for :censored: so can't have Clarke leaving him alone

2. Burgess can't head a ball or pass a ball so no point to having him up front

Might as well throw him up front then where he can cause havoc in the opposition penalty area rather than his own.

I think we all agree we only have 2 players of any quality in Ripley and Clarke.

However what we learned from last January is that 4-5 signing of the right quality can transform pretty much any team and bring up the level of the average one's.

I think we need 2 Strikers and 2 Midfielders as a minimum requirement and they need to have some pedigree.

Can we also put up a banner in the dressing room this week of Be the best team with the ball.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Fane's job in a five man midfield should be to win the ball and give it to a blue shirt, that's what he's good at, breaking up play and generally disrupting the oppositions flow, Green should push further on and let Fane sit in and do the donkey work, our very own water carrier.

I don't blame the manager, we were late to the table pre-season and got the left overs. I would like to give him a full preseason and to see what players he could get and kick on from there.

The players, I can't totally curse, boo a abuse them either. Other than the ones that have been mentioned, some are just not up for it. They don't have their ability and again, not their fault they were can't do the job

January, I'm hoping we can do want Barnsley did last season. Hang in there until January, try and win the games we can, pick up some points on o-o draws. Get some new players in and kick on up the table.

If it's a case of funding players and I'm not sure of the cash flow, then please as fans don't forget O4U easyfundraising site so when you do your online shopping at all especially near Xmas, then playershare can get a kickback and hopefully, Robinson my be able to buy us a striker.

God what a tough season so far

Ripley, clarke and dummy as 1st teamers

Burgess, fane, osei, erwin, mclaughlin all have some potential

The rest for me are no's. I did have to think about flynn, but his ability to disappear and the fact that he is so lightweight just edges him on the no side.

Edited by Fruitygoo

Fane is absolutely abysmal on the ball.

He is a professional footballer - for all his running, to qualify you surely have to be able to have the basics. He can't trap a ball, he can't pass a ball, he is virtually always wrong side of his man. It's painful to watch him play.

Having somebody that poor playing as one of our two centre midfielders explains a lot about why we're where we are.

Edited by NewBlue

Ripley, clarke and dummy as 1st teamers

The rest for me are no's. I did have to think about flynn, but his ability to disappear and the fact that he is so lightweight just edges him on the no side.

Flynn would be an excellent player if we had a good team. IF!

Fane is absolutely abysmal.

I honestly can't see what fans see in him. He can't trap a ball, he can't pass a ball, he is virtually always wrong side of his man. It's painful to watch him play.

Sunday League player

If it's a case of funding players and I'm not sure of the cash flow, then please as fans don't forget O4U easyfundraising site so when you do your online shopping at all especially near Xmas, then playershare can get a kickback and hopefully, Robinson my be able to buy us a striker.

God what a tough season so far

Wages day tomorrow Tracey

January, I'm hoping we can do want Barnsley did last season.

Barnsley were a much better team even before Xmas

Ripley and Clarke..... the rest can :censored: right off, especially the woefully spineless and inept forwards. :censored:ing rubbish midfield with the piss poor marquee signing Flynn at the front of those to join the dole queue.

In the exceptionally limited times Flynn has put his foot on the ball and looked interested we've shown most attacking threat.

There's a lot who slag off Erwin but for me he's the only one who actually looks for the ball, and tries to make something happen. I really can't fault him.

OK....slept on it, too angry to post yesterday but here goes.........

Ripley....tremendous once again, one of the best if not the best keeper in this division.

Clarke...man mountain.....if he gets injured we are :censored:ed!

The rest are absolute garbage....week in week out we have no shape, no intent, no plan, 'no team' and no goals.

In nearly 60 years of watching my beloved Oldham I've come to the conclusion that this lot are just about the poorest, inept, and most impotent bunch of players I have ever seen wearing the blue shirt!!

In Robinson's defence he was dealt a 'bad hand' no doubt, and he came into what was a hopeless situation but he still took on the job knowing we had no players, no plan, and no money. We now have a few 'players' and I use that term loosely, but still have no 'plan' and definitely no money!!

We have the worst goal scoring record in the league and are currently on course for about 42 points come May, if things continue as they are we are absolutely 'nailed on' relegation favourites.

We have 2/3 of the season left and 87 points to play for....there is still more than enough time to turn it round.

I'm not normally one for sacking managers and under normal circumstances we should perhaps be giving Robinson until January at least to sort it out but on the evidence so far we could and probably would be dead and buried by then!!

We waited and waited and waited for what was to be his No.1 choice 'star' striker......if Ladapo is that man and Robinson's answer to our goal scoring problem then God help us.....I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest that he can become even remotely prolific in this division and should be thankful he's only here until January and not for a full season.

I don't know if the will is there or where the money is going to come from, perhaps the experienced O'Driscoll could step in full time and steady the ship. What I do know is that if we don't change the backroom set up, and quickly too, sub 3k home crowds will become the norm and we'll be heading for division 2!!!

I don't get the love for Erwin. He's a big striker, so why does he always feel the need to piss about on the wing to get the ball. Stick in the middle and let Ladapo and the wingers do the chasing, because when there's a rare opportunity to cross Erwin's nowhere near the box. He's obviously got talent, but he thinks he's a 5"10 playmaker, and it's not working.

Ladapo was :censored:e yesterday, but he was left in the middle with long balls hoofed up to him. He was never going to win any of them, and as soon as they play a ball to his feet, he ran at the defence and tested the keeper. If it's Robinson's tactics, or Erwin's lack of discipline to stay upfront, then either way the manager needs to sort it out.