Who out of this team...

Yes, we know Corneys a bellend...

Yes, we know we've picked up some :censored: players on a :censored: budget after :censored:ting around for months in the summer...

But anyone not blaming the manager also can :censored: off...

12 minutes in...dangerous FK to Dale...:censored:ing wall DOES NOT JUMP AGAIN!!! Unlike at Bolton who scored over a planted wall, thankfully it was a dog:censored: FK that was shoulder height and bounced away. It does not take money to get your :censored:ing players to jump at a FK!

It also does not take money to get players fit enough. They clearly aren't fit enough. Tired? Why? Something is seriously wrong and that comes from the management. Mentally fatigue. Mentally weak. That's what a head full of negatives gets you!

Last thing...his tactics are :censored:ing awful and clueless. The players don't know what their roles are. Should they get forward? Hang back? Cross early? Cross later? They look like they haven't trained with one another all week.

I spent most of the game arguing with some guy who slated Erwin for everything he did. It needed pointing out to him that if Erwin gets the ball at his feet in the final 3rd then he will have a shot and become effective. But if we keep dicking about with him out wide, asking him to get hold of the ball and play as a link up man rather than an out and out striker then Robbo is going to get us relegated.

I keep wanting to see signs of this guy learning. He's not learned a thing! People are blaming the summer or the players not being good enough and yes, there is some truth to that but you also have to ask "is this guy getting the best out of what he does have?" Absolutely not!

I was stunned to read a stat over the weekend that we didn't score 12 times in 46 games last season...this season, it's 10 in 16 games! That is utterly unacceptable!

I'm not asking for his head but he's on borrowed time if he persists as he is. And the line "you can't keep changing managers" is bollocks. If the guy is not good enough (don't forget, I wouldn't have sacked some of the others that our lot have got sacked over the years) then he's got to go. Even more so this season coz you can't change the players so the manager is the one thing you can change! It isn't time for that yet. It is time for Robbo to get his head out of his arse and put out a balanced side, one with FB's allowed to get forward, one with Erwin in a position he's shown he can score in (ala the box) and get us scoring goals. Or else he can :censored: off!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Yes, we know we've picked up some :censored: players on a :censored: budget after :censored:ting around for months in the summer...

12 minutes in...dangerous FK to Dale...:censored:ing wall DOES NOT JUMP AGAIN!!! Unlike at Bolton who scored over a planted wall, thankfully it was a dog:censored: FK that was shoulder height and bounced away. It does not take money to get your :censored:ing players to jump at a FK!

It also does not take money to get players fit enough. They clearly aren't fit enough. Tired? Why? Something is serious wrong and that comes from the management.

Last thing...his tactics are :censored:ing awful and clueless. The players don't know what their roles are. Should they get forward? Hang back? Cross early? Cross later? They look like they haven't trained with one another all week.

I spent most of the game arguing with some guy who slated Erwin for everything he did. It needed pointing out to him that if Erwin gets the ball at his feet in the final 3rd then he will have a shot and become effective. But if we keep dicking about with him out wide, asking him to get hold of the ball and play as a link up man rather than an out and out striker then Robbo is going to get us relegated.

I keep wanting to see signs of this guy learning. He's not learned a thing! People are blaming the summer or the players not being good enough and yes, there is some truth to that but you also have to ask "is this guy getting the best out of what he does have?" Absolutely not!

I was stunned to read a stat over the weekend that we didn't score 12 times in 46 games last season...this season, it's 10 in 16 games! That is utterly unacceptable!

I'm not asking for his head but he's on borrowed time if he persists as he is. And the line "you can't keep changing managers" is bollocks. If the guy is not good enough (don't forget, I wouldn't have sacked some of the others that our lot have got sacked over the years) then he's got to go. Even more so this season coz you can't change the players so the manager is the one thing you can change! It isn't time for that yet. It is time for Robbo to get his head out of his arse and put out a balanced side, one with FB's allowed to get forward, one with Erwin in a position he's shown he can score in (ala the box) and get us scoring goals. Or else he can :censored: off!

I'm not asking for his head but he's on borrowed time if he persists as he is.

Difficult to argue.

Didn't this management duo struggle in Scotland?

Might as well fire them off.

Got to agree with most of the thread worst collection of mercenaries I've ever seen pull on a blue shirt.

The worst midfield in living memory, Green, got absolutely schooled by Cannon & Camps in the middle of the park, put us in so much trouble constantly loosing the ball and ended up getting Burgess a yellow card after he took one for the team breaking up a dangerous attack.

Green tops it off by not being able to beat the first man at corners and his free kicks are awful. God knows what Klok has done not to get in the Squad with Green, Fane and Ryan The disappearing winger Flynn in it.

If I was Robinson I would be showing Erwin and Ladapo a video of Andrews from Saturday on how to hold a ball up and bring other players into play

We have 3-4 decent players and the rest are relegation fodder.

BB80, I'm in the not sacking camp at the moment and I'm probably one of those people you refer too. But it's not because his tactics are :censored:e and we are as sharp as a beach ball in front of goal. I agree with you there.

The way I look at it is there is no point sacking him off - which costs money - cos Corney and co will just replace him with someone just as :censored:e and toothless as him, who will have no money but have the added chain around his neck that he has another man's squad to work with not his own.

A big part of my opinion comes from the fact that I have so much apathy towards the club at the moment I can't be arsed getting passionate about calling for the gaffer's head. It's Corney and Co's that need to roll

It also does not take money to get players fit enough. They clearly aren't fit enough. Tired? Why? Something is seriously wrong and that comes from the management. Mentally fatigue. Mentally weak. That's what a head full of negatives gets you!

You are right about Erwin and it also applies with Ladapo, both like the ball played to feet around the 18 yard area and we have seen they have scored goals with turning men and shooting from that position, but what do we see, both going wide or expected to win the ball in the air from long punts. We did the same with Adam Rooney, it's not rocket science to play to their strengths.

Edited by BP1960

Got to agree with most of the thread worst collection of mercenaries I've ever seen

Given the general definition of a mercenary is someone who will do anything because of the money on offer I'm not sure that charge can be labelled given they could probably earn more on the till at Macdonalds.

Edited by Dave_Og

Based on watching 10 minutes of highlights every week, this is where I'd go in January...

7 out, 4 in - quality over quantity:

Release

Burgess

Dunne

Croft

Woodland

Jahraldo-Martin

Ladapo

Either McKay or Erwin (if that's possible with a season long loan)

Sign

Gerrard

1st choice left back

Creative central midfielder

Striker with goalscoring experience in english league football.

Make up the squad numbers with our own youth - eg Edmundson, Knight, Glackin, Byrnes

For what it's worth, tactically I'd go 1 up front with 2 in support (eg Flynn/Winchester/McLoughlin/Osei). 3 central midfielders - Fane, Green, new maestro.

Erwin gets a lot of undeserved stick in my opinion. The lad has poor service and not much support when he gets the ball.

When it's lumped up he isn't the best in the air and just because he's tall shouldn't be judged on that. he's a technical player and with the ball to his feet does well. How long is he expected to hold the ball up to those saying his hold up play is terrible. He's having to take 7/8 touches at times before anyone is close to him. He should only need a couple then someone be up with him

Most games he has to create his own opportunities and that's all he has. He isn't Messi.

The problems I have with Erwin are that, when he does receive the ball in a promising position, he seems to want about half a dozen extra touches before he'll get a shot off & he's just not powerful enough in the air. The service to him may not have been great but I don't see how he'd offer more if he had Mesut Özil playing behind him.

Going back to the title of this thread, I find it depressing how few of the team I have any belief in. Ripley is clearly a good shot-stopper & is generally decent on crosses. I'd say he's an excellent League One keeper (although I don't think his distribution is anywhere good enough yet to get into a a top half Championship side) & Peter Clark is clearly a very good leader & defender at this level.

Beyond that, they are what they are. The outcasts that no-one else really fancied and a couple with potential to develop. If ever we were to give some of our own a chance then I thought this season would be it - maybe (hopefully) that will happen in the second half of the season - but I feel so let down from the garbage that has been served up in all bar one of our recent home games & two away games where we had a great backing, that I don't even like them anymore. I'll be there again against Doncaster but if they're similarly inept against them, then I hope the :censored:s get pelted with abuse.

Agree with pretty much all of this. But sacking Robinson? The aforementioned bellend would just give it to someone equally ill-equipped to do the job.

I want him to play centrally off a number 10 looking for a ball in that he could turn on and get a shot away, his goals are instinctive so he does have ability to finish but once he's had more than a couple of touches it normally leads to a turn over of possession, he doesnt really have the ability to fashion his own chances.

Asking him to work the channel is a waste of time, I'd like to see him played as a lone striker centrally and being told not to have more than two or three touches in possession, if the shots not on turn it back to midfield and look for another opening but look to play in between the two centrehalfs all game without wasting energy tracking back.

I'd go five across the middle to support this and play three of Flynn, Green, Banks, and Winchester centrally with two of Green, Fane or Klok holding, it means we are narrow but gives us the option for the fullbacks to push on if Green, Fane and Klok can keep their discipline and shape.

Erwin for me can score goals at this level if we have a go at playing to his strengths.

I want him to play centrally off a number 10 looking for a ball in that he could turn on and get a shot away, his goals are instinctive so he does have ability to finish but once he's had more than a couple of touches it normally leads to a turn over of possession, he doesnt really have the ability to fashion his own chances.

Asking him to work the channel is a waste of time, I'd like to see him played as a lone striker centrally and being told not to have more than two or three touches in possession, if the shots not on turn it back to midfield and look for another opening but look to play in between the two centrehalfs all game without wasting energy tracking back.

I'd go five across the middle to support this and play three of Flynn, Green, Banks, and Winchester centrally with two of Green, Fane or Klok holding, it means we are narrow but gives us the option for the fullbacks to push on if Green, Fane and Klok can keep their discipline and shape.

Erwin for me can score goals at this level if we have a go at playing to his strengths.

While I agree with most of this, I'm dismayed by the clamour for Ollie Banks. He's one of the worst players I've ever seen!

Agreed but I'm hardly clamouring, unless we can bring in a free agent to do the job Banks and Klok are really the only other two central players as options, we desperately need a Shez of yesteryear or a Matt Palmer but our hands are tied.

To be fair, I say "clamour" because I've seen a few people suggesting he's put in the side. I've got an 8yr old nephew who would offer more than Banks does. Personally, I would rather see a different system used than wholesale player changes and Jahraldo-Martin played on the wing with Ryan McLaughlin on the other to give us some balance. Then go Green/Fane/Flynn with either Erwin or Ladapo up top (I prefer pace tbh but maybe start Erwin and let Ladapos pace be a threat later in games.) That would be a more balanced side. Then it's down to Green and Flynn to drive us forward through the middle or work the openings for said wingers to get in behind.

We might have slow players lacking quality but this division has plenty of them. Put a proper plan together for them and it will help. At present, I see nothing of the sort from the man with the plan (supposedly.)

Edited by boundaryblue80

I don't think I've ever disagreed with anything more, ever.

Yeah, I'm with NewBlue on this, Klok offers very, very little.

Would like to see more of Banks, think there is a player in there, who can put his foot on the ball in the middle of the park. He hasn't really had a run of games.

If giving the ball away is an award at the end of season dinner Green has won it already, I've never seen a pro footballer hit as many stray passes to the opposition as Green did last month and I include Connor Brown in that, after a really bright start Green has gone right off the boil for me and is lucky to still be starting games.