Right let's get this straight

I've travelled to Walsall in my mates car with Corney, Corney himself instigated the meeting I've travelled back from Stevenage a fortnight later and there were heated discussions I listened to his side I shared some of my fears I've been in the car when he actually left Dowie a voicemail about discussing the managers job. I've had very detailed discussions with him he knows what I think of his running of the club.

I've had a stand up row with him outside boundary park for calling him a sheister over koukash. He's seeked me out at awards dos and I've long had chats with him and I've also been to awards dinners where he's asked for my opinion on the night he appointed Darren Kelly - I was rather blunt.

I don't need to play his propaganda game. If others want to take my place you're welcome. I know we're in the :censored: I get it, what I don't get is the :censored: pit is getting deeper and tougher to climbout of and there seems to be no plan.

Words are cheap, we need a plan to move forward. There isn't one.

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the post Will I'm interested in actions not words same as BB says the time for discussion has passed. If others want to go for it...

I cut him some slack for a couple years after having the chats with him but since Chedgate and Johnson's departure it's been one crisis after another. if he's still here in May I'm following the thousands of others that have voted with their feet. I can cope with being :censored: I can't cope with no hope of ever moving forward.

I've travelled to Walsall in my mates car with Corney, Corney himself instigated the meeting I've travelled back from Stevenage a fortnight later and there were heated discussions I listened to his side I shared some of my fears I've been in the car when he actually left Dowie a voicemail about discussing the managers job. I've had very detailed discussions with him he knows what I think of his running of the club.

I've had a stand up row with him outside boundary park for calling him a sheister over koukash. He's seeked me out at awards dos and I've long had chats with him and I've also been to awards dinners where he's asked for my opinion on the night he appointed Darren Kelly - I was rather blunt.

I don't need to play his propaganda game. If others want to take my place you're welcome. I know we're in the :censored: I get it, what I don't get is the :censored: pit is getting deeper and tougher to climbout of and there seems to be no plan.

And now he has offered you the opportunity to take him to task in front of - literally - every single Latics fan there is.

If I was as vocal in my criticism as you continually display on here, this sounds like an opportunity too good to miss.

You'd be putting the pressure all on Corney in front of casting eyes.

He'd have nowhere to hide.

You'd be doing a large majority of the Latics fanbase a service in terms of getting to the crux of the issues surrounding Corney's running of the club.

Alternatively, you can keep stating you've had enough of speaking to Corney, and just telling everyone on OWTB on a regular basis how much of a tosser he is and how much he is ruining this club.

No brainer if you ask me.

There must be a plan if he's been in China talking to prospective investors, you must give him credit for that?

And now he has offered you the opportunity to take him to task in front of - literally - every single Latics fan there is.

If I was as vocal in my criticism as you continually display on here, this sounds like an opportunity too good to miss.

You'd be putting the pressure all on Corney in front of casting eyes.

He'd have nowhere to hide.

You'd be doing a large majority of the Latics fanbase a service in terms of getting to the crux of the issues surrounding Corney's running of the club.

Alternatively, you can keep stating you've had enough of speaking to Corney, and just telling everyone on OWTB on a regular basis how much of a tosser he is and how much he is ruining this club.

No brainer if you ask me.

Spot on!

Thanks singe I've done my bit previously and posted in a lot of detail what I found out. I even put my head above the parapet to offer to be a fans Rep a couple of years ago I simply got abuse.

Trouble is on here there's a lot of anonymous gob:censored:es the difference is Simon knows who me and BB are he can come and speak to us at any time others hide behind anonyminity

I personally have not got a strong opinion one way or another regarding Corney.

I look at the offering on a Saturday and wonder why it's so bad. Is it just the realities of lower league football with low crowds? Is it down to having the accessibility to football on TV and having City and Utd on our doorstep? Is it down to Corney? I read all the stuff on here and yes it concerns me. Would we be better off with somebody else?

My point being is this is such a MASSIVE opportunity to show every Latics fan, those like me who are on the fence and those that support Corney, just what he is.

OK I know its been posted on here many times but to have it live face to face for us all to see would be defining.

I applaud those for their efforts in the past, and won't slag off prozac et al, but I have to say please take this great opportunity and do it for the benefit of Latics.

In the end of the day we all want what is best for Latics so lets not turn on each other over this.

I remain with an open mind.

How's about the chairman addresses the fans giving a strong and clear vision for the future rather than sniping at his detractors, if the blokes doing such a great job why is there an obsession to go in there and question him? Its one mans view of things and I know some will agree and some will disagree but its a forum fot discussiom that Corney and the club would probably do better to avoid, some fundamental errors have been made in recent months though and whilst most on here celebrated the season ticket offer I from day one pointed out we couldn't afford it and as it's transpired the 150k we've effectively lost is probably the wages of three pretty decent players at this level that would probably see us compete, that's just one example of many desicions that do deserve scrutiny because they leave us in a vulnerable position.

How's about the chairman addresses the fans giving a strong and clear vision for the future rather than sniping at his detractors, if the blokes doing such a great job why is there an obsession to go in there and question him? Its one mans view of things and I know some will agree and some will disagree but its a forum fot discussiom that Corney and the club would probably do better to avoid, some fundamental errors have been made in recent months though and whilst most on here celebrated the season ticket offer I from day one pointed out we couldn't afford it and as it's transpired the 150k we've effectively lost is probably the wages of three pretty decent players at this level that would probably see us compete, that's just one example of many desicions that do deserve scrutiny because they leave us in a vulnerable position.

You've been offered the chance to go and raise you're grievances directly

I hate to repeat this but the fact that you sprout of on the safety of this message board and call anyonelse an arse licker for not doing so yet won't confront him says something about you.

Edited by GlossopLatic

You've been offered the chance to go and raise you're grievances directly

I hate to repeat this but the fact that you sprout of on the safety of this message board and call anyonelse an arse licker for not doing so yet won't confront him says something about you.

Whatever your views on Simon Corney's offer it is genuine and will only be validated by how honest his response is to the questions raised. Perhaps this board provides the questions for the Q&A? Proper, to the point questions. For example:

"How much are you willing to take for the club? You intimated that the figure doing the rounds (£24m) is way off the mark. Also, what does the deal include? Club, stands, land?"

Edited by TheBigDog