(1) Of which he has completely added to it with his own unique brand of negativity

(2) But not all managers. Our best example would be Dowie after Chris Moore pulled the plug. I've defended past managers to the very very last over the years but Robbo's defeatist outlook from day one has been as much of a self-fulfilling prophecy as Corney's outlook is with his "we should be bottom" :censored:. He's happy with how we played at Oxford yet we had just 3 shots all game, 1 on target. Inspiring stuff!

One final thing...we need to stop kidding ourselves that we are not getting cut off at the bottom either. Yes, we are within reach of the "safety" of 20th place but we are 5pts from 19th place now (games in hand only count when you've won them.) At the rate it's going, 5 of us will be cut off and scrapping for the 1 place. I honestly would not fancy our chances especially with a Coventry in there who, like last season, will most likely strengthen in January and pull away to safety.

I never felt we would go down last season as I felt the players had enough quality to stay up but weren't playing for Dunn and it felt too early to be writing us off. With the change in the transfer rules this year, it's a totally different ball game this time. And we can't go waiting for mid-Jan before we pull the trigger like with Dunn (if it keeps on as bad, sacking Robbo then will be too late by then IMO.) While I desperately want to be wrong, I've got no faith that Robbo can turn this around. That's not say a new manager could under the constraints they have to operate in but we have to think about rolling the dice and maybe giving us more of a chance with a more positive, less woe-is-me manager. If not now, then very very soon. If we don't pick up a couple of wins before the new year it just has to happen. I hate sacking managers but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I was thinking of it in terms of pro's and con's about Robinson, but aside from a good defensive record (mainly thanks to Ripley and Clarke) there aren't really any other pro's, only excuses and qualifiers.

It would be harsh on Robinson if he was sacked under the circumstances he's worked in and I'd feel a degree of sympathy towards him. But with that in mind I don't think he's done enough to inspire confidence that he's the man to keep us up.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's 4 from 7 at the bottom and we still have a chance, I personally think it's more about the players than the manager but I suspect the players we are likely to attract will be at the arse end of what's available and £300 a week gets you non league players. Not looking good to me especially if the latest rumour of Ripley being recalled is true.

Depends how good the scouting is, £300 would have got you Vardy 6 years ago.

Edited by BP1960

For those who want rid of Robbo I was just wondering how we would finance his dismissal and his whole back room team.I think he's here whatever happens unless he walks and I'd say that's unlikely he doesn't seem the type.

At this point last season many said the same about Dunn...

For those who want rid of Robbo I was just wondering how we would finance his dismissal and his whole back room team.I think he's here whatever happens unless he walks and I'd say that's unlikely he doesn't seem the type.

Corney does always find a way to pay off managers but whoever comes in will have to bring in 5 new players minimum to get us out of this mire, if we don't we are going down.

Over to you Simon...

I'm not saying Robinson is the right man but I would like to see us stick by a manager for once and see what happens. He mite pull it round and give us moment in to the next season

I tend to agree but you can't keep a manager if he becomes the first to relegate us in 20+ years...

Hopefully the law of averages can give us a decent January for once and see him & us get a bit of breathing space.....

I tend to agree but you can't keep a manager if he becomes the first to relegate us in 20+ years...

Hopefully the law of averages can give us a decent January for once and see him & us get a bit of breathing space.....

Using the law of averages are we due a promotion or a relegation ?

It seems pretty remarkable we're behind two sides who have lost 11 and 6 matches consecutively, despite us having only lost 8 league games all season - the same number as fifth place.

This lack of goals is ruinous.

Scored in four consecutive games Turning?

Scoring in two consecutive league games is still a dramatic improvement!

we're back at home tomorrow though...not scored in 5 of our last 6 home games and 7 of our 9 league games.

Despite a point last week and a decent win mid-week, the knives will be out if we hit a blank again...

Corney may have found money in the past but I can't see him finding enough money to change managers and then strengthen the team - he can't find the money to finish the 'great white elephant'. As we would all like to see some player movement in January I suggest the least worse option is to let this team do the changing.

Of course I am somewhat biased in this choice because although I think Simon Corney has held us together through difficult times I do now think it is time he rather than the manager moved on. The only way I can see this happening is with the realism of relegation so there is no buffer should administration follow - what is it all worth if we are in the National league.

In or out I don't care.

Can't relate to this side. Don't care about any of them. Don't clap when they come out, don't clap if they do something good, which happens so rarely. Don't feel sorry for them if they cock up and have their head in their hands. Don't care if they get an injury. Wouldn't care if they were all shipped out tomorrow morning.

Could count on one hand the number of times we even attempted a meaningful pass throughout the match.

Guest nonaenever

The manager is simply not up to it - that is blindingly obvious - I appreciate people have issues with Simon Corney (and I can fully understand that) but if we don't focus on getting rid of this clown we will be relegated for certain with sub 2,000 home support by the season's end. How anyone can continue to offer support to him is baffling. He may be a very nice man - but he's certainly not a football manager.