• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

#1 where does the money come from? #2 why on earth would he come here?

It's never gonna happen.

NewBlue - that's not actually very difficult in business or football. You approach the man or men with most to lose if Latics slide into oblivion and say, "You've got £X,XXX,XXX at stake here - if we go down, you risk losing a large chunk of that. Invest a fraction of that now for a chance for us to stay up and you have a much better chance of at least getting your money back". As regards why he would come here; exactly the same reason Sheridan dropped a division - money - full stop. Offer him the right 3 year deal (even 5) and you might just tempt him.

Obviously not everyone's cup of tea but surely most would back him against what we have? I may be grasping at straws but we are in desperate times - we really do need to "think out of the box" here - just my opinion. Trying to think of possible solutions to what we all know is a dire situation.

NewBlue - that's not actually very difficult in business or football. You approach the man or men with most to lose if Latics slide into oblivion and say, "You've got £X,XXX,XXX at stake here - if we go down, you risk losing a large chunk of that. Invest a fraction of that now for a chance for us to stay up and you have a much better chance of at least getting your money back". As regards why he would come here; exactly the same reason Sheridan dropped a division - money - full stop. Offer him the right 3 year deal (even 5) and you might just tempt him.

Obviously not everyone's cup of tea but surely most would back him against what we have? I may be grasping at straws but we are in desperate times - we really do need to "think out of the box" here - just my opinion. Trying to think of possible solutions to what we all know is a dire situation.

Right, I can understand just about why we would fork out - no way it happens, like, but I see how.

But why would he join? The man isn't stupid. He will have received other offers from bigger clubs. We can't afford to pay away ticket money to Hill's current employer, why would he believe in the guarantees of our owners? Continue with the job he's doing at Rochdale and he's got the chance of a far better opportunity than us, join us and you're virtually guaranteed to lose your reputation in the bottom half. We may well be a club who doesn't see a false economy, but he surely will.

Guest nonaenever

Right, I can understand just about why we would fork out - no way it happens, like, but I see how.

But why would he join? The man isn't stupid. He will have received other offers from bigger clubs. We can't afford to pay away ticket money to Hill's current employer, why would he believe in the guarantees of our owners? Continue with the job he's doing at Rochdale and he's got the chance of a far better opportunity than us, join us and you're virtually guaranteed to lose your reputation in the bottom half. We may well be a club who doesn't see a false economy, but he surely will.

He went to Barnsley for - erm - the money on offer. It's the world we live in unfortunately. He might never come - all I`m saying - it's worth a try ?

Guest nonaenever

Josh - all pie in the sky - I remember my mate in Bingham (mad Notts County fan) saying there was a snowball's chance in hell of Shezza joining them (he actually said he knew for sure it wouldn't for various reasons) - if there's one thing I`ve learned in life, most things are possible - if you want it enough.

We haven't got a pot to piss in , we're under a transfer embargo and there's talk of offering Keith Hill an offer he can't refuse?

Closest we'll get is by killing his horse and putting its severed head at the foot of his bed.

With all those Barbour jackets you've got to assume he owns at least one...

Can't see Robinson going anywhere unfortunately - when was the last time the club acted proactively?

and besides Corney can't believe his luck that somehow Robbo has talked himself into being the fall guy thus deflecting the real blame for this revolving nightmare of a club that we have become.

Robbozzz is going nowhere...

Edited by oafcprozac

"There seems to be a real fear factor of playing at home and I cant put my finger on it. How can 3,500 fans intimidate players and I thought the crowd were really good today.

"They didnt get on the boys back and I probably would have done. If you cant pass from five yards teach other then you are going to lose football matches.

I dont think the fans put the players under any undue pressure and there is no excuse for not doing the simple basics right."'

I find that genuinely incredible.

It's now at a point where a totally sterile crowd is defined as 'really good', just because we're not getting on the players' backs. Sad, that.

If the players aren't being put under 'undue pressure', I think it's time we started doing so...

I find that genuinely incredible.

It's now at a point where a totally sterile crowd is defined as 'really good', just because we're not getting on the players' backs. Sad, that.

If the players aren't being put under 'undue pressure', I think it's time we started doing so...

You think this lot cope with pressure. Did you not see the lincoln game.......