• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd post my season ticket back to the club smeared with :censored: if we got that useless :censored: in.....

I dont get this about him... He coached city kids to success for years and people always claim they'd be happy to have TP in charge...

Im not saying he'd be first choice... Sure there would be plenty

Edited by Fruitygoo

I'd post my season ticket back to the club smeared with :censored: if we got that useless :censored: in.....

I'm probably being a bit biased coz he coached me at school but I'd definitely have him involved in some capacity. Manager? not so sure (although how much worse could he be?) but he's spot on in his analysis every time I listen to GMR and has some good contacts!

seriously Dave bar ripply in the net, this team are no better than Chaddy fc. I've never seen as much :censored: in 35 years

Defence and midfield can be ok - SR has had Ladapo, Mckay & Erwin for half a season and had zero influence on what they do or don't do...

You live or die by your strikers.....

I'm probably being a bit biased coz he coached me at school but I'd definitely have him involved in some capacity. Manager? not so sure (although how much worse could he be?) but he's spot on in his analysis every time I listen to GMR and has some good contacts!

He's exactly the kind of nailed on failure SC needs to stay away from as manager. Coach, maybe....

Edited by HarryBosch

He's exactly the kind of nailed on failure SC needs to stay away from as manager. Coach, maybe....

I wouldn't want him as manager but he can clearly see what Robinson can't.

Today he pointed out, quite rightly, that you can't put too much blame on the strikers when we don't create any chances for them.

Other things he mentioned were our inability to create anything from the left side, that we never win the midfield battle and our vast collection of right backs.

He also said our poor start was understandable due to the huge influx of new players but it's not a valid excuse anymore.

He is bang on when he points out our weaknesses and it ties in with what the majority of fans on here have been saying for weeks, worryingly our manager, his assistant and our analyst haven't noticed yet, we still persist with playing two strikers when we don't have a midfield to link up and support them, sacrificing a Ladapo or McKay today and starting with Croft or Winch in the centre of the park would at least give us a chance of getting a foot in the game, we don't score in any case so at least try something different, I don't personally rate any of our three strikers but blaming them for our problems is a little unfair.

Defence and midfield can be ok - SR has had Ladapo, Mckay & Erwin for half a season and had zero influence on what they do or don't do...

You live or die by your strikers.....

He signed McKay & Erwin from his Norn & Motherwell links. I still think McKay might do alright with a proper target man next to him, which Erwin isn't. However I'd love to know who scouted/recommended Ladapo. Forget he's signed to Palace - it's a red herring - he was playing for Margate in the 6th tier last season.

It's a hell of a leap to expect him to be the man to score a load of goals 3 tiers up in one season. If it was Robinson/Baraclough then they're culpible. If it was O'Driscoll or Turnbull before he left, then they're absolved of responsibilty. Maybe O'Driscoll needs to carry the can. Didn't he find/recommend Robinson?

The main reason we are where we are is because we had 3 professional players 2 weeks before the season started. No manager could've assembled a competitive team in that time.

How long before Notts County sack Sheridan & Crossley. Where is Shirtliff now?

So what we need is an experienced coach with good pedigree and preferably knows what hes getting into.

Surely we must have sounded out Sean O'Driscoll by now.

But regardless whoever comes in needs 2 centre midfielders and 2 strikers plus a left back and possibly a wide man.

This cannot go on.

Erwin's overhead strike from 25 yards was what pushed me to leave earlier than I've ever left a match before. Highlighted just how utterly clueless we are in front of goal. I don't recall ever leaving a ground genuinely sad, but I did today when I thought about what we had become, it's such a sorry sight. At least under Kelly there was vocal anger about the situation, this time we're going down without a whimper. I'm firmly of the opinion booing and opposing :censored:e football does help at times, and we can't even muster that anymore.

It's not that Robinson doesn't recognise our lack of goals - anybody can - it's the strange idea that we're somehow constantly "turning the corner" and then reverting back. We've put in better performances than others when some players like Flynn have been arsed to turn up, but in no way have we ever turned the corner.

Of course we're in desperate need of additions - I've vocally supported Robinson in light of the shambles he inherited - but I've never watched us play away from home against a side looking as insipid as we must do, as clueless and spineless as we were today - bet they laughed all the way back to Essex. We've got no self-respect under this regime, playing this way. It's stripped us of all dignity and, frankly, it's embarrassing to witness as a supporter. I'd rather we went down with a fight than this vacuous, turgid, vapid football we play which will send us to League Two in any case.

I hope the manager and owner and players read this, because I don't think it's got through to them how :censored:ing pathetic we are. I hope you're as embarrassed as we are.

1999/2000 - Ritchie/Brierley/Hardy

2003/2004 - Dowie/Jarvis/Joy

2016/2017 - Robinson/Corney/Moisley

3 times we've been massively, financially in the :censored: in the last 20yrs...the first two times we were bad but a world away from this current dog:censored: this so called manager is churning out!

And all this about money...he spent £50k on Dummigan who he's now preferring Law over (rightly or wrongly) and had he had a bit more to spend he would still have taken the likes of Green and Flynn who were a :censored:ing joke today! They aren't arsed one bit...but when a manager says "we should be bottom" as he did earlier in the season he sets the bar as low as possible.

I thought David Dunn was bad. But Christ, he had a keeper throwing the ball in his own net. At least he wanted to get up the field and try and score. We are averaging 0.57 goals per league game...as it stands we will score 26 goals all season!

And the cherry on the cake tonight is he's said post match about the players struggling to play 3 times in a week. Hang on Robbo...you played virtually a full "strength" team on Tuesday coz you :censored:ed it up against Lincoln so are chasing this honey pot now!!! Put its importance over the best way to get the points today...so don't you dare use that line.

If it wasn't for Ripley it would be 5 going in most weeks...it's the only reason some still have time for this clown. Robinson needs to go! Now!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Erwin's overhead strike from 25 yards was what pushed me to leave earlier than I've ever left a match before. Highlighted just how utterly clueless we are in front of goal. I don't recall ever leaving a ground genuinely sad, but I did today when I thought about what we had become, it's such a sorry sight. At least under Kelly there was vocal anger about the situation, this time we're going down without a whimper. I'm firmly of the opinion booing and opposing :censored:e football does help at times, and we can't even muster that anymore.

It's not that Robinson doesn't recognise our lack of goals - anybody can - it's the strange idea that we're somehow constantly "turning the corner" and then reverting back. We've put in better performances than others when some players like Flynn have been arsed to turn up, but in no way have we ever turned the corner.

Of course we're in desperate need of additions - I've vocally supported Robinson in light of the shambles he inherited - but I've never watched us play away from home against a side looking as insipid as we must do, as clueless and spineless as we were today - bet they laughed all the way back to Essex. We've got no self-respect under this regime, playing this way. It's stripped us of all dignity and, frankly, it's embarrassing to witness as a supporter. I'd rather we went down with a fight than this vacuous, turgid, vapid football we play which will send us to League Two in any case.

I hope the manager and owner and players read this, because I don't think it's got through to them how :censored:ing pathetic we are. I hope you're as embarrassed as we are.

Couldn't put it better myself

There was a bloke sat behind us today who supports another team but comes to the odd game of ours with his mate who is a season ticket holder. His words after about 65 minutes were "I feel sorry for you lot having to watch this every other week. It's worse than when you had that other bloke in charge that nobody had heard of".

Its embarrasing and depressing to say the least. Im actually half hoping we go bust its the only way i will be able to stop going, as long as we have a club i just cant stay away, as much as i try. I would also quite like to see Corney reap what he has sown and end up with a ground he can only use for football with no football team to play in it. I really really can not stand that bloke. He reminds me of a glow worm.?

I wouldn't want him as manager but he can clearly see what Robinson can't.

Today he pointed out, quite rightly, that you can't put too much blame on the strikers when we don't create any chances for them.

Other things he mentioned were our inability to create anything from the left side, that we never win the midfield battle and our vast collection of right backs.

He also said our poor start was understandable due to the huge influx of new players but it's not a valid excuse anymore.

Knowing a good steak doesn't make you a chef

This nonsense about players not being able to play three times in seven days has really got my goat, going back to the Lincoln game where we didn't show up he gave the players and staff a long weekend after the Peterborough postponement and had a full nine days with no game. What struck me about that performance when I looked back on it was the interviews with the Lincoln players who suggested they trained twice a day with no day off in preparation for the game, these are players who wanted to put it in for their manager were as ours (if it's possible) want to make Robbo look an even bigger :censored: after he effectively gave them all an extended break, now I bet you a pound to a penny they moan like :censored: if they are asked to do any extra but I'd have them in twice a day including Christmas Day until they bothered their arse to earn their wage.