I'm not happy with any of it. I think my few posts in recent times address that.

I think they are all poor but I don't think Connor Brown is any better. I just don't ignore the reasons he isn't playing.

Do me a favour though. Please stop bringing up David Dunn. I've lost count of the people in charge since him & Brown has had issues with every manager he's ever played under.

I don't jump on bandwagons Ive posted on here saying Brown is talented but weak & can't get fit well before you believe Dunn hindered him.

Agenda? You always predictably revert to same argument.

Everybody who doesn't agree has an agenda.An agenda against Connor Brown must be the only reason managers keep dropping him.

He played well to very well under Johnson & he was in the team for some of Sheridans last run. Palmer ran that show!

Johnson got a 'tune' out of him. He's been non existent for everyone else. That must be their fault not his eh?

You really don't...

Add Dickov to the list of managers to those that didn't pick him as a regular.

Philiskirk as well! Connor couldn't make his starting line up except for one game when he stepped in after Dickov.

I hate to burst your bubble but this 'tune' that Shez got out of Brown? He only started in one win under Sheridan last season at Peterborough. He spent most of his time warming the bench!

So that leaves LJ. I think we all agree that Brown played his best football under LJ (for less than half a season). He was excellent but the manager did also mention his fitness several times in interviews oops

If it makes you feel better though Banks, Green, Fane have all been :censored: this season.

You may think I'm talking :censored:e, of course you do I don't agree with you & one if us has a clear agenda despite the actual facts :)

It's uncanny isn't it... :grin:

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winchester? Established?

In 6 plus years as a first team squad member he has been subbed more times than any player I can ever remember. He has been dropped for massive spells & missed spells for fitness reason.

I wouldn't call one good half season (not even full) 18 months ago established.

If people want Robbo out because he isnt picking Winchester or because he drops him after a major :censored: up helping to cost us a massive game then they need their head testing.

Robbo should be sacked because he is a bit :censored:. Winchester should be sold because he is a wasted talent who has been stealing a wage for far too long.

Ultimately he is quite popular with a segment of the fanbase.

We are once again a team full of loanees and trialists with no affinity to the club. It's hardly surprising fans will identify with somebody who (you've taken established the wrong way) is long-serving, and the manager will lose popularity when long-serving player is scapegoated over said trialists and loanees.

The things he's said in the past few interviews have just come across as plain weird in my eyes. He looks like he's cracking up.

We are once again a team full of loanees and trialists with no affinity to the club. It's hardly surprising fans will identify with somebody who (you've taken established the wrong way) is long-serving, and the manager will lose popularity when long-serving player is scapegoated over said trialists and loanees.

The things he's said in the past few interviews have just come across as plain weird in my eyes. He looks like he's cracking up.

What more do you expect him to say?

Wonder if privately he regrets taking the job?

Reputations are hard to earn but easily lost.

Just why have we got these fitness issues at the club with Winchester and Croft in particular? Flynn is another who appears to 'rest' during games.

Croft and Winchester are too lazy to get themselves in shape Flynn does alot of running on the other hand.

Our biggest problem is our inability to keep the ball hence we spend the whole game chasing it thats why you might see players resting and looking knackered Steve Eyre touched on it when he has seen us play on Radio Manc.

To be fair, Green should be getting more :censored: than Winchester. Nearly spat my drink over the screen when in an earlier post on here Green was described as brilliant in early season. He's had about 3 top notch games...oh for a Bury away every week out of him. But to be fair also, Winchester should've been :censored:ed off in the summer and used his wage on some other player who might or might not be able to cut it either. I suspect this might happen in January.

Palmer1 is right Winchester is no worse than the rest. His problem however is that we all know there is a player in there - the one we saw during the reign of 'little :censored:' - but where or where has it gone and why can't he sort out his stamina issues.

All our current midfield players have had some good games but mostly they are not flourishing in the concede fewer directive they are currently collectively failing under.

Croft and Winchester are too lazy to get themselves in shape Flynn does alot of running on the other hand.

Our biggest problem is our inability to keep the ball hence we spend the whole game chasing it thats why you might see players resting and looking knackered Steve Eyre touched on it when he has seen us play on Radio Manc.

Two things I spotted from the word go this season...severe lack of pace in the side and a terrible first touch amongst most players. So we lose the ball and are then often half a second behind the opposition trying to win it back and often miles off closing players down at times. I'm sure these players look good in Scotland and NORN but not at this level.

Edited by boundaryblue80

But we are the best team out of possession according to the bull:censored: baffle brains banners.

Bull :censored:. No one has said that. It is a quote from the recently installed banners at the training ground. Anyone posting it has been done in mocking terms.

You really don't...

I hate to burst your bubble but this 'tune' that Shez got out of Winchester? He only started in one win under Sheridan last season at Peterborough. He spent most of his time warming the bench!

despite the actual facts :)

He started in the win at Shrewsbury under Sheridan. Scored the winner too...

He started in the win at Shrewsbury under Sheridan. Scored the winner too...

I know, I just didn't change my post today as it didn't change a thing & my point had been made. He was also subbed AGAIN with 10 minutes to go!

Do you just sweep social media hoping to correct dates, figure & facts? Bet you were delighted when you saw that.

It's beyond boring now.

Let's give him a chance to fashion his own squad without the ridiculous time constraints of the summer.

He was forced to bring some in on a trial period because he saw no other options on the market within his price range, and they've predictably not worked. He's realised that with Reckord, Klok, Woodland Jahraldo etc.

He was forced to construct a strike force who he may have thought were better than their showing so far, but do we really think he believed it ideal to only have loans?

Our lack of preparedness is proven in our stockpiling of right-backs: he brought in Josh Law immediately because he was concerned we may not have enough options, then saw that Dummigan was on the market and took him, while having Brian Wilson too. That is unlikely to happen at clubs where there is a plan and time to work with.

I'm not saying his management so far goes without fault - Lincoln demonstrated that he's in his infancy - but he's got a squad who have been jumbled together, at a club whose momentum is negative to the extreme.

It would've been this way with most managers.

Brilliantly put.

I'm not saying his management so far goes without fault - Lincoln demonstrated that he's in his infancy - but he's got a squad who have been jumbled together, at a club whose momentum is negative to the extreme (1)

It would've been this way with most managers (2)

(1) Of which he has completely added to it with his own unique brand of negativity

(2) But not all managers. Our best example would be Dowie after Chris Moore pulled the plug. I've defended past managers to the very very last over the years but Robbo's defeatist outlook from day one has been as much of a self-fulfilling prophecy as Corney's outlook is with his "we should be bottom" :censored:. He's happy with how we played at Oxford yet we had just 3 shots all game, 1 on target. Inspiring stuff!

One final thing...we need to stop kidding ourselves that we are not getting cut off at the bottom either. Yes, we are within reach of the "safety" of 20th place but we are 5pts from 19th place now (games in hand only count when you've won them.) At the rate it's going, 5 of us will be cut off and scrapping for the 1 place. I honestly would not fancy our chances especially with a Coventry in there who, like last season, will most likely strengthen in January and pull away to safety.

I never felt we would go down last season as I felt the players had enough quality to stay up but weren't playing for Dunn and it felt too early to be writing us off. With the change in the transfer rules this year, it's a totally different ball game this time. And we can't go waiting for mid-Jan before we pull the trigger like with Dunn (if it keeps on as bad, sacking Robbo then will be too late by then IMO.) While I desperately want to be wrong, I've got no faith that Robbo can turn this around. That's not to say a new manager could under the constraints they have to operate in but we have to think about rolling the dice and maybe giving us more of a chance with a more positive, less woe-is-me manager. If not now, then very very soon. If we don't pick up a couple of wins before the new year it just has to happen. I hate sacking managers but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I think it's 4 from 7 at the bottom and we still have a chance, I personally think it's more about the players than the manager but I suspect the players we are likely to attract will be at the arse end of what's available and £300 a week gets you non league players. Not looking good to me especially if the latest rumour of Ripley being recalled is true.