• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure you've really entered into the spirit of Sunday football there

My old sunday league team didn't train... We just met in the pub a couple nights a week and for a pre match warmup beer. We played very much like the current latics side with the exception that we scored every now and again

Edited by Fruitygoo

My old sunday league team didn't train... We just met in the pub a couple nights a week and for a pre match warmup beer. We played very much like the current latics side with the exception that we scored every now and again

So you followed what's now become known as the Winchester Regime?

Guest nonaenever

Keith Hill comes out after beating a resolute side 3-2 away from home and says he wants more.

We get scrappy draws and our manager lauds them as amazing performances.

That's the difference, and it shows. What you'd do to have a Lee Johnson-type winner back...

Which is exactly why I`ve mentioned several times that we should do a "Notts County" and steal Keith Hill from Dale to save our season. The type of manager that would instantly improve us i.e. he'd get about another 30% out of what we have and have them playing decent football pretty quickly. We'd scrape through again this season under him (in my opinion) and then build from there when he clears out the dead wood (or rotting flesh in our case). Yes would cost us a bit of money - but a lot less than what the current certain relegation will cost us.

I said it after Bradford away (which was like the Alamo - but at least we had a bit of fight) - the players have regressed under Robinson and his assistants - and continue to do so. There is no way he should be staying as manager.

Guest nonaenever

I will say it again Hill wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.

you may well be right yarddog - but I just wish we'd give it a try with a very tempting package for him. Big advantage is that he doesn't have to uproot family or anything - you never know? Someone on here even mentioned fans chipping in to pay his wages. I certainly would - a bit like playershare - only managershare. If it kept us up it would be worth it because I think we all fear that this time - if nothing happens like a Sheridan last season - we are doomed.

Steve "be the best team out of possession" Robinson

Steve "we should be bottom" Robinson

Steve "when we get to the 3rd round I'll replace you" Robinson

Steve "we should've had 12 more points but for luck" Robinson

Why don't you just :censored: off eh Robbo!!!

We'd have got 15 more points if we'd have scored in 0-0 games, all but a play off spot.

Which is exactly why I`ve mentioned several times that we should do a "Notts County" and steal Keith Hill from Dale to save our season. The type of manager that would instantly improve us i.e. he'd get about another 30% out of what we have and have them playing decent football pretty quickly. We'd scrape through again this season under him (in my opinion) and then build from there when he clears out the dead wood (or rotting flesh in our case). Yes would cost us a bit of money - but a lot less than what the current certain relegation will cost us.

I said it after Bradford away (which was like the Alamo - but at least we had a bit of fight) - the players have regressed under Robinson and his assistants - and continue to do so. There is no way he should be staying as manager.

What could we offer Keith Hill to make him want to join us? He'd laugh in our faces.

If he leaves Rochdale it'll be for The Championship, again.

Steve "be the best team out of possession" Robinson

Steve "we should be bottom" Robinson

Steve "when we get to the 3rd round I'll replace you" Robinson

Steve "we should've had 12 more points but for luck" Robinson

Why don't you just :censored: off eh Robbo!!!

Exactly my sentiments.

Whats he actually showing them in training

As it doesnt work

It's amazing how the oppostion danger players discussed still have effective games against us, the latest Nile Ranger.

It's as though we are frightened of them before we start.

The fear factor mentioned by the manager may well spring from these training sessions.

How about telling them just to get at all the opposition players instead and go for goals,

Edited by BP1960

Guest nonaenever

Why do we think Keith hill would do a good job here? He didn't last time he left Rochdale

His record at Rochdale is very good. Granted, he didn't rip up trees at Barnsley in the Championship - a much bigger club and he was dealt a pretty crap hand budget and injury wise but, from memory, still kept them up. Perhaps he suits our level? His sides certainly play, attractive free-scoring football and a huge advantage (as I mentioned earlier) is no uprooting of family etc. Why would he come here ? Money talks (as we saw with Sheridan) - make him an offer he can't refuse to switch - got to be worth a try to save us?

His record at Rochdale is very good. Granted, he didn't rip up trees at Barnsley in the Championship - a much bigger club and he was dealt a pretty crap hand budget and injury wise but, from memory, still kept them up. Perhaps he suits our level? His sides certainly play, attractive free-scoring football and a huge advantage (as I mentioned earlier) is no uprooting of family etc. Why would he come here ? Money talks (as we saw with Sheridan) - make him an offer he can't refuse to switch - got to be worth a try to save us?

Money talks your right another reason Hill won't come here.

I'd love to find a manager like him who can build a team on nothing but it won't be him.

#1 where does the money come from? #2 why on earth would he come here?

It's never gonna happen.