• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve eyre was interviewed the same day as robbo and didnt get the job. Didn't do too well at dale but always knows where our weaknesses lie when summarising. Wouldnt cost much, couldn't do any worse.

I hope that's a joke. Terrible manager/motivator/leader, you only have to listen to him to know that... decent analyst perhaps.

I can't understand how they can play so well against Scunthorpe and like a sack of :censored: at most of the other games.

I used to be an optimist but now can't see any remote glimmer of hope with this management team and players who need a rocket up their arsed to get into gear.I will still go to most games home and away but only out of blind loyalty built up over the years and the meeting up with mates....now the entertainment factor has gone altogetger

Knowing a good steak doesn't make you a chef

No it doesn't. See my first sentence. That's my point really. Everyone else can see it so why can't Robinson?

Actually, I'm sure he must see it, so the question is really, why isn't he doing anything about it?

Several recent managers have shown that it's a tough job at our place. Where this guy stands out is that he is managing to combine poor results with the dullest, most insipid and negative style of football I can ever remember seeing at BP.

It's quite some feat to knock 25% off the average crowd in half a season but he's managed it. Who can blame the stay aways? People go to games wanting to be entertained but these days a home game at BP comes with a rock solid guarantee that no excitement will be on offer. The price reduction has had no positive impact on gates at all for the simple reason that it still doesn't represent value for money for the product on offer.

I so wanted him to do well, even the situation in the summer it really should have seen a siege mentality built out of the 'relegation favourites' tag we had been given. We know it was a complete goat :censored: of a Summer (Cheers Simon) but at the very least we should have come out of the traps fighting. What we saw at Millwall was the blue print for 90% of the games we've seen so far. Yet he's willing to take the shackles off in the cup but hasn't the balls to send us out with intent in the league. Instead he perseveres with that compete backwards passing twatbungle that is Green.

Penney was bad, this fella is worse, Tbf I had my worries when I saw the manager and his assistants record at Motherwell, albeit in reversed roles - it was remarkably similar. Robbo comes from a long line of over coached managers unable to be pro-active, instead we only get a reaction when we are a goal down. Look at the cup record, this team does have goals in it. It's the tactics killing us for me.

There's no tempo, safety first all the time. The default is to take the backwards or sideways option. Teams know with a bank of 9 behind the ball they will defend easily.

How many clear breaks have we made all season?

How many saves have we forced?

How many shots on target?

How many corners have created a chance?

How many free kicks have seen a chance created?

How many passes inside the box have found a blue shirt?

How many long throw ins have been launched into the box?

The answer is very few, for 5 years now apart from a few months under Johnson, we have watched nothing but :censored:. I'm surprised there's still 3,000 going to hime games. Robinson has to go but for the love of God so does Corney and his lifeblood sucking partners.

They can't play three games in a week after a break of a fortnight and we have a fitness coach.

Some players look drained in the warm up, Flynn, Green and McLaughlin in particular looked like they had flu'.

Why do our players appear lacking in energy ? Lincoln played 3 games week while ours had 13 days rest and they still outran us.

Yet he's willing to take the shackles off in the cup but hasn't the balls to send us out with intent in the league

Look at the cup record, this team does have goals in it. It's the tactics killing us for me.

What is the tangible difference between the cup and the league performances, though? I've only been to Wigan in the cup. Surely it's not as simple as Robinson saying "take your shackles off" in the cup and "put them back on" in the league. Is it the team he puts out or the formation?

Footballers aren't robots. Their minds aren't black or white. It must be a mentality deeper than the manager's words, similar to our home and away record discrepancy.

Edited by NewBlue

His interview is once again pathetic. How does he expect us to believe a word he spouts after he suggests we played some decent stuff outside the final third. We cannot allow this chap to spend another penny of this clubs money (However little it is) if and when the embargo is lifted. What is he watching? It baffled me after Oxford and again today. He seems to spend 4-5 days working on elaborate free kick routines instead of teaching apparent 'professional' footballers to pass, move and attack as a cohesive unit. Every week we watch the most insipid 45 minutes of football from the off. How about trying to control the game a bit and actually play with some bloody pace. Banks took 5-6 touches every time he had it yesterday and if his final ball actually reached the intended target it was too late to be a worthwhile pass. The ineptitude of Ollie Banks on and off the ball (what a tackler!) sums up the current set up perfectly. We are worse than most conference sides in terms of ability and the desire is even lower. How can our most naturally gifted players (Dummigan and Winchester) not make it into this side, especially at home. Please do the right thing Robbo.

Less than 30pts if he stays and Ripley leaves.

#20thyear

Edited by eyres_28

Is there even the slightest muttering anywhere today that he might resign? I live in hope I suppose, and would rather we just play kids from now on...

Don't think so.

He had them in for the obligatory hour-long training session following wretched home performance this morning.

This nonsense about players not being able to play three times in seven days has really got my goat, going back to the Lincoln game where we didn't show up he gave the players and staff a long weekend after the Peterborough postponement and had a full nine days with no game. What struck me about that performance when I looked back on it was the interviews with the Lincoln players who suggested they trained twice a day with no day off in preparation for the game, these are players who wanted to put it in for their manager were as ours (if it's possible) want to make Robbo look an even bigger :censored: after he effectively gave them all an extended break, now I bet you a pound to a penny they moan like :censored: if they are asked to do any extra but I'd have them in twice a day including Christmas Day until they bothered their arse to earn their wage.

The manager has got them in training today, this already tired lot of players will probably be moaning about that.

They can't play three games in a week after a break of a fortnight and we have a fitness coach.

I think Robinsons interview on GMR yesterday may give an indication as to why they can't play 3 games in a week. They train for 16 hours a week and are supposed to be full time professionals. We train for 8 hours a week for our Sunday league side aswel as holding down full time jobs.

I think Robinsons interview on GMR yesterday may give an indication as to why they can't play 3 games in a week. They train for 16 hours a week and are supposed to be full time professionals. We train for 8 hours a week for our Sunday league side aswel as holding down full time jobs.

Jesus. We do an hour a week for Sunday league. How competitive are you boys ha

Keith Hill comes out after beating a resolute side 3-2 away from home and says he wants more.

We get scrappy draws and our manager lauds them as amazing performances.

That's the difference, and it shows. What you'd do to have a Lee Johnson-type winner back...

Edited by NewBlue

Keith Hill comes out after beating a resolute side 3-2 away from home and says he wants more.

That's the difference, and it shows. What you'd do to have a Lee Johnson-type winner back...

Lee isn't winning much at the moment. Neither is Sheridan.

Steve "be the best team out of possession" Robinson

Steve "we should be bottom" Robinson

Steve "when we get to the 3rd round I'll replace you" Robinson

Steve "we should've had 12 more points but for luck" Robinson

Why don't you just :censored: off eh Robbo!!!

Reading between the lines from his press conference yesterday, I would say that there is a dwindling hope that we will be able to get the transfer embargo lifted.

Even if we do our signings will probably be on the very last day taking what's left.