• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbo should never have taken the job on in the 1st place. The ridiculous situation he found himself in wasn't ideal but these are still his players. I said from the off I was willing to give him until Xmas before judging him but really it was pretty clear from early doors that he was out of his depth in his first job.

He seems a lovely fellow but that doesn't win you football matches, we are a very poor side who seem to get worse with each passing week. 1 win and 4 goals at home in half a season is indefensible.

I'm not sure that if it is Sheridan he will be able to repeat his Houdini act and it will all depend on the funds made available. Gerrard & Holloway would be a start but we'll need a couple more to have any chance of staying up.

Shezzurection III the final chapter???

Edited by oafc1955

Robbo has signed a confidentiality clause apparently, which seems par for the course with Corney whenever a manager either leaves or is sacked, so dont expect any beans to be spilled.

Edited by sjk2008

For actual feck sake, is this going to be our regular January thing now?! Run the club like a conference side for 6 months, then bring Shez back after Xmas when we're in the :censored: again?!

I'll be relieved more than anything if he comes back, but equally so, so, so frustrated that we've seemingly wasted half a season for reasons which will ostensibly never be fully disclosed to us proles, but right now, I just want to feel positive about our club again, and there's a far better chance of survival with him there.

I do understand this would be a divisive appointment for some, but this could easily be quelled by some frank and honest truths about what happened - of which there's probably very little chance, but I live in extreme optimism/delusion. From his side, Shez would be an extremely lucky, lucky man to perform so poorly and then find himself back where some say he didn't want to be, and I hope he never forgets it, but I still fully maintain there was more to what happened than meets the eye.

A Shezurrection part 2 would be no plain sailing - he had some good players at his disposal last year who simply needed some good management to thrive, but some of this lot look beyond atrocious, although I'd imagine we'd start seeing the best of someone like Flynn far more rapidly with some actual direction and license to play way further up the pitch, which could well be key.

Whatever happens, if he does return, I hope both Shez & Corney, and anyone else involved in that absolute abomination of a summer, eat a concrete mixer of humble pie and we can move forward together. If we could entice Shirtliff back as well, I'd be absolutely buzzing, given their amazing partnership last time.

Now over to our man live at Tesco Chaddy for updates...

Superb post, Chorlton Latic !

In similarly delusional vein, I hope if he is coming back that he and Corney can agree to work together for 2-3 seasons at least. I think we are probably down this season, which makes a long(ish) term plan even more important. If we could be given hope of stability and an ambition to build for an eventual promotion bid to the Championship, goodwill and fans would start to return.

A pipe dream, I know.

If Robbo goes surely this is false economy by SC as it will have cost him more on payouts than to give Shez or Evans the money they wanted.

Yes and as (I think) Harry pointed out, if SC had given Shez more money over the summer maybe a promotion bid and gates of 5,000+ eventually would have given some return on that investment.

Sorry but Shez is not for me, give him another go and he does o.k off he goes to the first club that comes calling and we are back to square 1.

As probably would any manager who does well. We're a mess.

Should we just appoint :censored: managers forever more, because all the good ones might leave?

Actually that might be the strategy Corney's been picking his managers with...

For actual feck sake, is this going to be our regular January thing now?! Run the club like a conference side for 6 months, then bring Shez back after Xmas when we're in the :censored: again?!

I'll be relieved more than anything if he comes back, but equally so, so, so frustrated that we've seemingly wasted half a season for reasons which will ostensibly never be fully disclosed to us proles, but right now, I just want to feel positive about our club again, and there's a far better chance of survival with him there.

I do understand this would be a divisive appointment for some, but this could easily be quelled by some frank and honest truths about what happened - of which there's probably very little chance, but I live in extreme optimism/delusion. From his side, Shez would be an extremely lucky, lucky man to perform so poorly and then find himself back where some say he didn't want to be, and I hope he never forgets it, but I still fully maintain there was more to what happened than meets the eye.

A Shezurrection part 2 would be no plain sailing - he had some good players at his disposal last year who simply needed some good management to thrive, but some of this lot look beyond atrocious, although I'd imagine we'd start seeing the best of someone like Flynn far more rapidly with some actual direction and license to play way further up the pitch, which could well be key.

Whatever happens, if he does return, I hope both Shez & Corney, and anyone else involved in that absolute abomination of a summer, eat a concrete mixer of humble pie and we can move forward together. If we could entice Shirtliff back as well, I'd be absolutely buzzing, given their amazing partnership last time.

Now over to our man live at Tesco Chaddy for updates...

I haven't agreed with a post more than this in a long long time! Echo every word of it!

As probably would any manager who does well. We're a mess.

Should we just appoint :censored: managers forever more, because all the good ones might leave?

Actually that might be the strategy Corney's been picking his managers with...

Spot on! They cry we need a good manager...then say we shouldn't chose one who might want to come here because he might be off one day. Lunatics!

Robbo has signed a confidentiality clause apparently, which seems par for the course with Corney whenever a manager either leaves or is sacked, so dont expect any beans to be spilled.

Come on, confidentiality clauses are standard. Every club has them. Not often you see a manager giving chapter and verse.

If Robbo goes surely this is false economy by SC as it will have cost him more on payouts than to give Shez or Evans the money they wanted.

That's why I think there was to it.

Same with players really, we've had so many in and out and pay offs it would be cheaper to go quality.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

I hope that Shez sees that it's been a struggle elsewhere and settles here for 3 o4 seasons, unless we are on our second relegation.

My main worry with Shez is it seems Asst Mgrs and players haven't seemed to follow him for a while, or the ones that did were not popular in the new team.