Guest nonaenever

Nice guy, probably a decent coach, :censored: manager.

Can't agree with the phrase, ":censored: manager" because that denotes he's a manager in the first place. I know he is by name but he's clearly not a manager by nature. In any walk of life there are technical experts - and I`ve seen many promoted to managers over the years - some have been disastrous in management positions, mainly because they could not manage people or situations. From what I hear, Robbo has some great coaching ability but, in my opinion, he will never be a manager. My spider sense says he will go now - be very surprised if he is not sacked.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we won an FA Cup tie and made it through the group stages and knockout of this :censored: show so out of every cup without a fight isn't true.

You couldn't have paid me to go tonight but seemingly we played a different system again. Robinson changes the personnel and system relatively regularly but the players simply aren't good enough.

I don't rate Robinson and won't be sad if he goes but the problem (underinvestment) runs deeper. At worst it will be another lamb to the slaughter, at best we stay up and go through the same :censored: next season.

We also beat Championship opposition to get into the 2nd round of the League Cup too

Latics go away to a League 2 side in a match that no-one wants to go to, in a competition that no-one rates whilst under a transfer embargo caused by the Club not paying it's bills and not releasing monies that belong to another club and all of a sudden you all want to sack the manager who was set up to fail and only got the gig at the 11th hour?

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Latics go away to a League 2 side in a match that no-one wants to go to, in a competition that no-one rates whilst under a transfer embargo caused by the Club not paying it's bills and not releasing monies that belong to another club and all of a sudden you all want to sack the manager who was set up to fail?

Yes.

Can't agree with the phrase, ":censored: manager" because that denotes he's a manager in the first place. I know he is by name but he's clearly not a manager by nature. In any walk of life there are technical experts - and I`ve seen many promoted to managers over the years - some have been disastrous in management positions, mainly because they could not manage people or situations. From what I hear, Robbo has some great coaching ability but, in my opinion, he will never be a manager. My spider sense says he will go now - be very surprised if he is not sacked.

The strange thing is at Motherwell he was the coach and Baraclough the manager.

We don't have the funding to employ a credible manager with a good track record

We don't have the funding to support any manager

We don't have a Board capable of selecting a manger who has the potential on a cheap wage to manage without a credible budget.

We can keep sacking and appointing Managers, but fundamentally nothing will change

Guest nonaenever

The strange thing is at Motherwell he was the coach and Baraclough the manager.

V good point BP - how about a compromise - just swap them around and see what happens? Can't do any worse can we?

We don't have the funding to employ a credible manager with a good track record

We don't have the funding to support any manager

We don't have a Board capable of selecting a manger who has the potential on a cheap wage to manage without a credible budget.

We can keep sacking and appointing Managers, but fundamentally nothing will change

Well unless he is lying Steve Evans seems pretty sure that he was very close to becoming our manager.

He still asked for more money at the death which we couldn't afford

I heard that rumour too but I also heard that it was not his pay that was in question but that Steve Evans wanted proof, in some tangible way, of his playing budget something SC would not deliver. I guess no one has the facts but SC.

I wonder when SC will realise that all this bad luck he has had over the years in running the club may not all be bad luck but actually down to the fact that he is incompetent?

I guess SC is still in the denial phase, just like a couple of the village idiots that still support him.

Same with Rick Holden who wanted old style attacking football.

BP we can all speculate but come on, that is verging on the ridiculous.

Just because we have lost in a crap competition to bloody Mansfield, has all Robinson's goodwill evaporated inside an hour.

We are Latics fans, we dont seek to hang the manager out to dry when we all know the real problem

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Same with Rick Holden who wanted old style attacking football.

I think part of corneys strategy when appointing is how he can maintain some control on the playing front. Bunn and Holden would likely tell him to get lost and as club legends the fans would back them before him.

With his appointments (other than shez I imagine but he walked in the end) he is 'giving them a leg up' so keeps his right to Interfere. This may well be on display in the coming days that will prove him interfering with the playing squad beyond the managers choice but we'll see.

Edited by super_blue

I think part of corneys strategy when appointing is how he can maintain some control on the playing front. Bunn and Holden would likely tell him to get lost and as club legends the fans would back them before him.

With his appointments (other than shez I imagine but he walked in the end) he is 'giving them a leg up' so keeps his right to Interfere. This may well be on display in the coming days that will prove him interfearing with the playing squad beyond the managers choice but we'll see.

nail on head

BP we can all speculate but come on, that is verging on the ridiculous.

Just because we have lost in a crap competition to bloody Mansfield, has all Robinson's goodwill evaporated inside an hour.

We are Latics fans, we dont seek to hang the manager out to dry when we all know the real problem

I have said I don't want the manager to go, he was dealt a duff hand from the start.

Hopefully he will have a chance to move on those who have let him down and bring in the key players to get out of this mess.

Having said his team selection tonight when good money and a trip to Wembley was in sight was bizarre, with the lightweight McLaughlin up front and Green recalled for some unfathomable reason.

He doesn't know his best side and hasn't all season how many times has he played the same xi? He's a modern day, clipboard wielding tinkerman. Players at his level want to play they need their bonuses, being shuffled around every week leads to bad feeling and mistrust. Too many don't have the heart to give their all for him. I want continuity but the only continuity with Robbozzz is downward

Edited by oafcprozac