• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAUTION iceberg ahead. Disaster awaits those who ignore obvious threats :titanic:

Hope may not be warranted beyond this point

Even the Titanic tried to change its course before eventually sinking! The only credit I had left for Corney was used last season when he fired Dunn off and got in Shez. Needs to act now!

I think a few will back me up on this one BB80 that I was of Dunn's biggest critics, not just because of the way he snaked into the position but because of the divisive nature of his personality, he was also allowed to bring in at least half a dozen of his own players without iimproving anything, I was also never Kellys or Holdens biggest fans yet understood why they struggled in a job that was at the time too big for the pair of them

Getting back to Robinson though I couldn't really judge the man as a manager because it would be a bit like judging the ability of a joiner without his tool bag, I have a feeling though that Robbo does have it in him to turn it around for me he's humble, hard working and honest and I'm sure he's doing his level best to turn things around, he still has the dressing room and the players are still with him, he is going to doubt himself and the tinkering and round pegs in square holes is a result of that but I still think he will pull this round.

My only real criticism of him is the loyalty he shows to players who let him down week in week out like Green, McLaughlin has become the new Philliskirk and he seems to be shoe horned into any position other than than one he can play to accommodate him but other than that I feel he's doing the best of a bad job and should be backed and given a window to put it right.

TBH I think we need a change and we need it now.

We are as yet not detached, but we soon will be if we are not careful, we have won 3 league games all season and scored 12 goals in 24 matches (that is :censored:ing woeful), normally we would be cut adrift by now with that record.

I know he was dealt a poor hand, but we cannot carry on like this, we can't score goals and we subsequently we can't win games.

We are just dying on our arse, and I suspect nothing will change unless a new manager is brought in.

The big problem needs sorting, but it's unlikely that will be done in time to save us from relegation.

Changing the manager, however, might save us from relegation which might make us more sellable.

Keeping the manager won't save us from relegation. Robinson's inability to get results might be down to the circumstances he's working under but it might also be because he's just not very good.

I think a few will back me up on this one BB80 that I was of Dunn's biggest critics, not just because of the way he snaked into the position but because of the divisive nature of his personality, he was also allowed to bring in at least half a dozen of his own players without iimproving anything, I was also never Kellys or Holdens biggest fans yet understood why they struggled in a job that was at the time too big for the pair of them

Getting back to Robinson though I couldn't really judge the man as a manager because it would be a bit like judging the ability of a joiner without his tool bag, I have a feeling though that Robbo does have it in him to turn it around for me he's humble, hard working and honest and I'm sure he's doing his level best to turn things around, he still has the dressing room and the players are still with him, he is going to doubt himself and the tinkering and round pegs in square holes is a result of that but I still think he will pull this round.

My only real criticism of him is the loyalty he shows to players who let him down week in week out like Green, McLaughlin has become the new Philliskirk and he seems to be shoe horned into any position other than than one he can play to accommodate him but other than that I feel he's doing the best of a bad job and should be backed and given a window to put it right.

You are right, McLaughlin provided some nice crosses from the right. After this success he was switched to the left then used as a striker, bewildering.

Edited by BP1960

You are right, McLaughlin provided some nice crosses from the right. After this success he was switched to the left then used as a striker, bewildering.

This baffles me too. In a recent interview, Steve Robinson admitted making mistakes. He just seems to continue making them. That, coupled with his unadventurous style of play must affect the players' confidence leading to our current situation.

If he goes then the only option for me (if Sheridan is a no go) would be to promote from within.

Philliskirk please.

This baffles me too. In a recent interview, Steve Robinson admitted making mistakes. He just seems to continue making them. That, coupled with his unadventurous style of play must affect the players' confidence leading to our current situation.

If he goes then the only option for me (if Sheridan is a no go) would be to promote from within.

Philliskirk please.

Philly doesn't want the job and who can blame him. He has said it before he wants to stay developing the youth players.

Philliskirk please.

Trouble is, sadly, Philliskirk doesn't want the top job

Because he doesn't know what he's doing. Just like when he played Erwin on the right wing at Dale. Just like when he played Law in midfield at Fleetwood. Just like when he's played Reckord, EVER! Just like when he didn't sub Croft against Vale as he was blowing out of his arse and had used all his 3 subs. I could spend another hour listing his :censored: ups...but I can only lead the horse to water.

I've stuck up for all but 3 managers at this club but this guy simply doesn't know what he's doing. This below is bang on the money....

Keeping the manager won't save us from relegation. Robinson's inability to get results might be down to the circumstances he's working under but it might also be because he's just not very good.

One final thing, Yarddog says Robbo is "humble, hard working and honest" No different to Darren Kelly then. I don't want humble, I want a :censored:-kicker! And whatever anybody thought of Kelly (like him or loathe him) the level of hypocrisy in his sacking to the support folk still have for Robbo is incredible. And I don't even think Robbo is honest...he comes out most games and tell us we've all watched a completely different game littered with glorious chances. Port Vale game, yes...he was right to say it but most other games have been nothing like that Vale game yet he's said the same post-match. And to claim we just need a Billy Sharp and we'll be alright is either totally deluded or completely disingenuous if he thinks that will solve the problem. It highlights even more than he hasn't a clue. People need to stop mixing up Corneys inability to run a football club with Robbos inability to manage a team,

The responsibility for our position rests with Corney and he knows it so he might just be reluctant to sack a manager who hasn't really been given a chance to show what he can do.

Would another manager with this team do any better? I doubt it.

However something has to change unless relegation has been accepted. The registration embargo has us moving players on and making a poor squad worse.

I can't see anyone of any merit coming here without cast iron guarantees about budget.

Robbo on his appointment.......

I'm coming into a club operating with hardly any players, with pre-season virtually under way, on a modest budget and with less job security than a modern-day political party leader.

I came with the intention of listening. I went away wanting the job!

"If I was worried about it, I wouldn't have taken the job," said the 41-year-old, when asked about the revolving door that has seen managers come and go at an unprecedented rate.

Robinson was undeterred. His view is that his strong back-room team possesses all the know-how necessary to build a competitive squad from scratch ­- an accelerated process that started even before his official unveiling.

As a former player at Bournemouth and Luton, he is under no illusions about the restrictions he faces and knows exactly what makes supporters tick.

None of this put off Robinson from taking the plunge!

=========================================

If he's sacked this week he can have no complaints!!!

That's how I see it. Reality is, we aren't going to get in an experienced head but at this stage I'd roll the dice and even bring in another rookie.

O'Driscoll is as experienced a manager as you are likely to find .......Barraclough has a fair bit too but it hasn't made any difference here.

Can't see him going & I can't see Corney wanting him to just yet.

If he lets him walk then all of the focus will move back onto the embargo whereas it seems to be that relegation is something that SC is relatively more comfortable with (compared to his position a season or two ago) based on his comments then & in the recent video.