I hope that Shez sees that it's been a struggle elsewhere and settles here for 3 o4 seasons, unless we are on our second relegation.

My main worry with Shez is it seems Asst Mgrs and players haven't seemed to follow him for a while, or the ones that did were not popular in the new team.

Is that not down to the circumstances at the time though?

Wright didn't want to move down to Plymouth. Crossley was previously part of his staff at Chesterfield. Shirtliff might have thought he had a chance of the managers job here?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Robinsons mate on twitter.

" have heard the same. Announcement tomorrow apparently. SR sacked"

I hope that is true .If so I doubt if Shez can perform yet another miracle with the sack of crap Robinson has picked apart from Clarke and Ripley and Fane and may be a couple of others which Shez can work on.This time though he needs to sign long term .Robinson has to take the flack as well as Corney.Just get out of our club Robinson and take your crap ideas with you to the tip.

Is that not down to the circumstances at the time though?

Wright didn't want to move down to Plymouth. Crossley was previously part of his staff at Chesterfield. Shirtliff might have thought he had a chance of the managers job here?

Might be, fair point.

I thought it about pool ayers too, but haven't studied it in any detail, we've had enough to worry about!

Guest nonaenever

Personally, thought it was inevitable that Robbo would "go" one way or another. Credit to the fans, he's certainly not had any real stick at games, even from critics like me - I always give full positive support at matches. If it's true that Shez is coming back, I hope the same applies with the fans. He now seems to split the fan base but we must get behind him if he returns. I look at it like this; he's certainly got a lot more credit still left from the miracle he performed last season than he has debit for leaving "for the money".

It's all about personal opinions but if Shez does return I`ll be renewing my season ticket even if we go down. If Robinson had stayed, I wouldn't have renewed even if we'd stayed up - I simply couldn't stomach much more of his imposed playing style.

As others have said before despite being woeful we are far from dead and buried and the season is clearly recoverable if the manager is allowed to make a few signings. We don't need to bring in the quality Sheridan relied on last time either given how terrible this league is.

It is a significant concern to me how disasterous sheridens record at Notts was though.

Tried to do it on the cheap in 15/16 with Kelly and little player investment and bailed out in jan.

I suspect some money will be found just as it was last year.

Thing is you don't need to spend it in august to stay up do you so the club doesn't. By Jan you have no choice. I predict some money will be found

I want some humble pie publicly eaten by Sheridan too. You should always leave nicely. He didn't. In fact he practically gloated about being well rid of us. So show some humility, get your head down and start repaying our past loyalty to you Sheridan.

I want some humble pie publicly eaten by Sheridan too. You should always leave nicely. He didn't. In fact he practically gloated about being well rid of us. So show some humility, get your head down and start repaying our past loyalty to you Sheridan.

Clean slate for me, love the man, despite last summer.

Here's to you, Johnny Sheridan...

Disappointment? Apathy? Inability to sign goal scoring strikers?

We're riddled with long term cases of the above.

I disagree with the inability to sign goal scoring strikers claim

The problem has been getting them to score while still playing for us.

Disappointment? Apathy? Inability to sign goal scoring strikers?

We're riddled with long term cases of the above.

They are all symptoms of no long term plan though.

If we are getting rid of Robinson then it should have been done last week.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Tried to do it on the cheap in 15/16 with Kelly and little player investment and bailed out in jan.

I suspect some money will be found just as it was last year.

Thing is you don't need to spend it in august to stay up do you so the club doesn't. By Jan you have no choice. I predict some money will be found

If, as many suspect, we used the early ST offer to pay the £241k loan back to Necarcu Ltd (taken out last Dec) we might have gone back for another load of wonga.

How come it still appears as a charge?

Not my area of expertise tbh. Is it not to do with annual filing of accounts? I'd be extremely worried if it remains unpaid after it looked highly likely the ST offer/gamble was a get rich quick scheme to cover something needing paying.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Not my area of expertise tbh. Is it not to do with annual filing of accounts? I'd be extremely worried if it remains unpaid after it looked highly likely the ST offer/gamble was a get rich quick scheme to cover something needing paying.

It's unpaid. Mortgages/ charges (such as this one) appear separately from submitted accounts. If it had been cleared, we'd have known within a few days.

Edited by Twisbrogan

It's unpaid. Mortgages/ charges (such as this one) appear separately from submitted accounts. If it had been cleared, we'd have known within a few days.

Blimey...that's a worry. Ive often felt we don't have many heavy debts and that the other 2 do cover bills from time to time adding to the loans owed to them. But that Necarcu loan is attached to OAFC and I always expected the hasty ST offer (gamble) was to clear that debt.