I was all for giving Robbo time when the first calls for his head were made, since then things haven't improved some would say they have become worse.. Keeping Robbo in charge would surely seal of fate, I hope we can persuade SOD to take reigns and we can shift this transfer embargo in time for him to make adequate changes to our squad.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are getting worse. I've lost being excited for games. I've lost even being nervous for games. I just know our games consist of dire performances with a rare glimpse of false hope once in a blue moon. Get rid. Not felt this low in a long while.

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

I'm led to believe Corney hasn't spoke directly to Robbo for a month. Not answering phonecalls or responding to voicemails....

Sorry but thats wrong, Corney was at Fleetwood and they spoke to each face to face after the game.

Sorry but thats wrong, Corney was at Fleetwood and they spoke to each face to face after the game.

Admittedly, it's hard to not speak when in passing. However, any efforts Robbo has made to speak with Corney are apparently falling on deaf ears.

Admittedly, it's hard to not speak when in passing. However, any efforts Robbo has made to speak with Corney are apparently falling on deaf ears.

Quite possibly and tbh I have heard something similar which makes me think a replacement is not far away.

I just cant believe that they wont have had contact since Fleetwood though.

I'm led to believe Corney hasn't spoke directly to Robbo for a month. Not answering phonecalls or responding to voicemails....

Heard a variation on this. Not that he's not speaking to him full stop, but that he's ignoring/avoiding his calls about the embargo, potential transfers etc when he's not at th club. Add this to the rumoured release of Winchester over the manager's head and the January targets seemingly being Corney targets rather than Robinson targets and it all points towards Corney trying to encourage him to resign before he has to push him. Time is running out for that though now.

Why should he resign if he would probably get no compensation? If he were to get compo, then why not wait until transfer window shuts, then resign and leave Corney in the mire

Exactly. Makes no sense at all for him to resign now unless the stress has got too much for him. Corney will have to pull the trigger if he wants rid of him.

Heard a variation on this. Not that he's not speaking to him full stop, but that he's ignoring/avoiding his calls about the embargo, potential transfers etc when he's not at th club. Add this to the rumoured release of Winchester over the manager's head and the January targets seemingly being Corney targets rather than Robinson targets and it all points towards Corney trying to encourage him to resign before he has to push him. Time is running out for that though now.

To be fair is that not how Corney operates? He doesn't seem to like comunicating with anybody unless he's asking for money.

Why should he resign if he would probably get no compensation? If he were to get compo, then why not wait until transfer window shuts, then resign and leave Corney in the mire

Constructive dismissal claim an option?

That's not entirely fair. He doesn't mind communicating with people to offer them out for what they've said on the internet.

I saw him communicating very vociferously with a geezer who was giving him abuse in the directors box, at an evening match a few years ago, chased him down the stairs to communicate with him.

Edited by Hometownclub

No, you need to be employed for about two years to bring a claim.

Well give him his P45 and he can get the odd reference from one or two on this board.If he had any balls he would walk...he certainly can't score with them!

I saw him communicating very vociferously with a geezer who was giving him abuse in the directors box, at an evening match a few years ago, chased him down the stairs to communicate with him.

I remember that to. It started in the main stand upper. The bloke was giving him pelters on the way out. Corney appeared out of that blue door in the main stand stairwell and gripped the bloke and looked like he was about to smack him one.

I remember that to. It started in the main stand upper. The bloke was giving him pelters on the way out. Corney appeared out of that blue door in the main stand stairwell and gripped the bloke and looked like he was about to smack him one.

I may be mistaken here, but wasn't it Rummy he had that altercation with...?