• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would he be sacked without a replacement lined up?

A very reliable Football League journalist has said we've got some in the frame already, before he'd even been sacked

#wedothingstherightway

Edit: Chron back page running with it now

Edited by NewBlue

Not my area of expertise tbh. Is it not to do with annual filing of accounts? I'd be extremely worried if it remains unpaid after it looked highly likely the ST offer/gamble was a get rich quick scheme to cover something needing paying.

The ST money may have been used to make payments against the loan but it wouldn't make sense for the club not to remove the charge at Companies House, if it had been paid off in full.

A very reliable Football League journalist has said we've got some in the frame already, before he'd even been sacked

#wedothingstherightway

Edit: Chron back page running with it now

As unprofessional as the club can be even we aren't unprofessional enough to not start looking at and sounding out new managers once it becomes apparent the current one isn't cutting the mustard

As unprofessional as the club can be even we aren't unprofessional enough to not start looking at and sounding out new managers once it becomes apparent the current one isn't cutting the mustard

To have it leak before anything has been confirmed, though?

Must give credit to deyeres for his logic, btw...

To have it leak before anything has been confirmed, though?

You talk about it as if it's a state secret & overseas agents lives are at risk :lol:

As long as SR knows first I'd rather the club prioritise getting the next man ahead of telling the world officially.

This "lack of comm-yoo-ni-kay-shun" bollocks is starting to look a bit mental.

I want some humble pie publicly eaten by Sheridan too. You should always leave nicely. He didn't. In fact he practically gloated about being well rid of us. So show some humility, get your head down and start repaying our past loyalty to you Sheridan.

Would his reappointment seriously look to be the appointment of a financial mercenary who reneged on false promises or the reappointment of a man who'd gone with blessings on the basis we'd been paid for him. Whatever your view on Corney, he doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke who'd take being mugged off well.

Well said Yarddog.

No one has had a bad word to say about him and has been graceful under pressure. I wish him well and hope he gets another chance at management in easier circumstances.

I said he looked a broken man during the after match Mansfield interview.

It was sad to see.

Didn't get the results or goals we wanted, but he did say some players let him down. Those players should go too or they will do the same to the next manager.

I should think he will return to the NI set up where there would less focus on his role.

I said he looked a broken man during the after match Mansfield interview.

It was sad to see.

Didn't get the results or goals we wanted, but he did say some players let him down. Those players should go too or they will do the same to the next manager.

I should think he will return to the NI set up where there would less focus on his role.

Agree about the Mansfield interview.

I hold no grudge against him. He failed at one of the more difficult jobs around. I was impressed with the way he got the team organised in a very short space of time in the summer, however it became increasingly clear during September and October that he didn't have a plan about how to progress us on any further than that. It didn't help him that the majority of the squad wasn't fit for purpose, but I can't think of a single player who has improved under his reign.

Being bottom of the league hasn't helped, but think that could've been forgiven if it wasn't for the lack of goals and the number of scoreless games. In the end he had to go.

Not that all our problems are solved of course. Under the current regime fighting for survival in this league seems to be the height of our ambitions. That can't go on. New owners would be preferable but if Corney and co. stay in place then they need to state a clear medium term plan of action. I can take the odd relegation scrap if it looks like there's a positive strategy in place (i.e. blooding youngsters or selling players on for big profits) but at present there clearly isn't one and there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. Survival alone isn't enough this time around.

Agree about the Mansfield interview.

I hold no grudge against him. He failed at one of the more difficult jobs around. I was impressed with the way he got the team organised in a very short space of time in the summer, however it became increasingly clear during September and October that he didn't have a plan about how to progress us on any further than that. It didn't help him that the majority of the squad wasn't fit for purpose, but I can't think of a single player who has improved under his reign.

Being bottom of the league hasn't helped, but think that could've been forgiven if it wasn't for the lack of goals and the number of scoreless games. In the end he had to go.

Not that all our problems are solved of course. Under the current regime fighting for survival in this league seems to be the height of our ambitions. That can't go on. New owners would be preferable but if Corney and co. stay in place then they need to state a clear medium term plan of action. I can take the odd relegation scrap if it looks like there's a positive strategy in place (i.e. blooding youngsters or selling players on for big profits) but at present there clearly isn't one and there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. Survival alone isn't enough this time around.

Pretty much my view too.

Good case for retaining him given the hand he was dealt and the embargo stopping him recruiting, but just as big, if not bigger for letting him go as performances and goals were a massive issue.

Edited by singe