• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like a couple of callers on GMR tonight I've got to say that Steve Robinson has my full backing, I'm confident he can turn this around and really hope every last penny is put into giving him a chance of saving our season, if he bring the four or five he's identified in and fails then fair enough but I'm happy that he's the man to take us forward, clubs like Chesterfield being linked to the perennial failure that is Dean Holden will only enhance our chances as will Lacrapo and Bird:censored: turning out for Shrews and Bury, it's time to get behind the bloke now and try and make the best of a bad job.

Like a couple of callers on GMR tonight I've got to say that Steve Robinson has my full backing, I'm confident he can turn this around and really hope every last penny is put into giving him a chance of saving our season, if he bring the four or five he's identified in and fails then fair enough but I'm happy that he's the man to take us forward, clubs like Chesterfield being linked to the perennial failure that is Dean Holden will only enhance our chances as will Lacrapo and Bird:censored: turning out for Shrews and Bury, it's time to get behind the bloke now and try and make the best of a bad job.

I like you when you talk like this

I like your confidence , is he the man for the job, time will tell,a rousing fight back to the second half of the season or drop out of this league with a whimper.with the later being more likely for me.

Changing the manager on this occasion will do :censored: all.

Disagree but also see how the whole place is rotten and needs an absolute overhaul but we already know that!

I'd be tempted to make Steve Evans some

Kind of offer as he seems to be keeping us on side with his recent comments and his programme notes tonight! After all we're a league up from where he is!

Edited by super_blue

Guest nonaenever

I`m not going to rant about the manager - my view has been pretty consistent for a long time now - he will take us down as he simply isn't a manager. I couldn't get to the game tonight due to work commitments and my overwhelming feeling is just one of sheer sadness. In our situation, a minimum £40k payout was pretty vital but, aside from that, we simply cannot go on game after game after game not scoring. I mean the odds against that happening time and again in a game of football between 2 teams of eleven men (even if a chimp was managing) must be considerable?

Gutted - really gutted.

I`m not going to rant about the manager - my view has been pretty consistent for a long time now - he will take us down as he simply isn't a manager. I couldn't get to the game tonight due to work commitments and my overwhelming feeling is just one of sheer sadness. In our situation, a minimum £40k payout was pretty vital but, aside from that, we simply cannot go on game after game after game not scoring. I mean the odds against that happening time and again in a game of football between 2 teams of eleven men (even if a chimp was managing) must be considerable?

Gutted - really gutted.

And thats the main point, there may be other things behind the scenes but the lack of goals is down the manager and the way he instructs his team to play.

Do we have different players out tonight from those who've struggled to score for weeks? Why was anyone expecting anything different, our strikers struggle and our midfield must be the most lightweight and goal shy in the FL, players aren't up to it it's as simple as that.

Changing the manager on this occasion will do :censored: all.

Not completely true. There are much bigger problems which need fixing and changing him won't massively improve our chances of staying up, but it's very likely that a different manager will bring us a more attacking approach. With such hopeless negativity around the club at the moment this would be a step in the right direction.

Not completely true. There are much bigger problems which need fixing and changing him won't massively improve our chances of staying up, but it's very likely that a different manager will bring us a more attacking approach. With such hopeless negativity around the club at the moment this would be a step in the right direction.

I don't think it's as simple as the 'attacking approach' will improve.

It's an attacking unit we need. I simply can't believe Robinson, with our record, still goes into games with the same mentality we began the season. He must've changed philosophy (hate that word).

It's now down to coaching, surely.

Out of every cup without a fight. Heading out of the league without a fight. Where to even start on our 'scoring' record. Team selection, tactics and subs are an absolute shambles.

Nice guy, probably a decent coach, :censored: manager.

Nice guy - agree and no one is saying different.

Decent coach - Not too sure many, if any, individual players have improved that much.

:censored: manager - well the facts have already been posted, apart from D. Kelly SR is the worst manager in Oldham’s history.

Credit to so many on here for wanting to ensure SR is given a fair chance and we all recognise his difficult starting circumstances, but now he just has to go.

Surely SC would not have been so stupid as to sign a rookie manager without a clause allowing him to be sacked if we are bottom of the league in the New Year?

Please tell me SC is not that much of an idiot .... Please!

Edited by Stagger Lee

Out of every cup without a fight. Heading out of the league without a fight. Where to even start on our 'scoring' record. Team selection, tactics and subs are an absolute shambles.

Nice guy, probably a decent coach, :censored: manager.

Well we won an FA Cup tie and made it through the group stages and knockout of this :censored: show so out of every cup without a fight isn't true.

You couldn't have paid me to go tonight but seemingly we played a different system again. Robinson changes the personnel and system relatively regularly but the players simply aren't good enough.

I don't rate Robinson and won't be sad if he goes but the problem (underinvestment) runs deeper. At worst it will be another lamb to the slaughter, at best we stay up and go through the same :censored: next season.