Club expected to make official announcement later today. What a shambles this club is. How can they let the local newspaper break the news before they make an official announcement?!

Embargoed Press announcement. Come on, this happens all the time, in all fields, not just us. It's how thy sell papers.

You should always have a replacement lined up. Given our predicament and how Evans changed his mind, I'll be very disapointed if we didn't have anyone lined up.

We won't announce a replacement today though, so that it cannot be proved we had.

Edited by singe

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree about the Mansfield interview.

I hold no grudge against him. He failed at one of the more difficult jobs around. I was impressed with the way he got the team organised in a very short space of time in the summer, however it became increasingly clear during September and October that he didn't have a plan about how to progress us on any further than that. It didn't help him that the majority of the squad wasn't fit for purpose, but I can't think of a single player who has improved under his reign.

Being bottom of the league hasn't helped, but think that could've been forgiven if it wasn't for the lack of goals and the number of scoreless games. In the end he had to go.

Not that all our problems are solved of course. Under the current regime fighting for survival in this league seems to be the height of our ambitions. That can't go on. New owners would be preferable but if Corney and co. stay in place then they need to state a clear medium term plan of action. I can take the odd relegation scrap if it looks like there's a positive strategy in place (i.e. blooding youngsters or selling players on for big profits) but at present there clearly isn't one and there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. Survival alone isn't enough this time around.

Seems from rumours administration is on the cards with points deducted leading inevitably to Division 2 and a low budget next season.

Might as well let TP run the first team with a promise his youth team coach job is safe next season no matter what.

The only reason I can see for sacking the manager and then going into administration is the existence of a break clause based on results.

Administration would surely put paid to any chance of getting enough points to stay up before the points deduction which would then be carried forward to next season and so to the National league.

If TTA have now given up on getting any money from the football club they could advertise the fact and then sell OAFC debt free for a peppercorn with a lease on the ground. New owners to meet costs going forward whilst they continue to squeeze every bit of money from their ownership of the land.

Surely having a plan B before binning off plan A is the way to do it? I'm not a Corney apologist by any means, but he'll get slated if we sacked SR with no replacement lined up?

Edit: sorry, it won't quote. This was in response to Newblue's post with the #wedothingstherightway (or summat)

Edited by maddog

Glad he has gone.Sadly probably too late now to save us but may be the new manager can get the best out of some of these players and turn things around.

Win 1 game and we're out of the bottom four with two games in hand...

Too late? No way. We were in much bigger :censored: last year!

There's been some chatter about whether or not Robinson has been getting what's there out of :censored: players, or whether he's massively failed to get the best out of decent players.

We'll soon learn. If Dummigan is anything to go by we may be in for better fortunes.

Embargoed Press announcement. Come on, this happens all the time, in all fields, not just us. It's how thy sell papers.

You should always have a replacement lined up. Given our predicament and how Evans changed his mind, I'll be very disapointed if we didn't have anyone lined up.

We won't announce a replacement today though, so that it cannot be proved we had.

Glad it was just done in one hit.

2 games in hand against MK and Peterborough.

We may have been worse off in the league last year but we had better players.

Exactly.We are in the :censored: and will be difficult to turn Robinsons disasterous record round.By far the worst manager ever and both clueless and deluded.Good riddence.Can't wish him well.

Guest nonaenever

Seems from rumours administration is on the cards with points deducted leading inevitably to Division 2 and a low budget next season.

Might as well let TP run the first team with a promise his youth team coach job is safe next season no matter what.

?????....... well that would be the strangest thing ever! We are a) insolvent or B) a floating charge holder is about to appoint an Administrator....... so let's shell out a shed load of money to pay off a dismissed manager, appoint a new one, more than likely sign some new players....... to then go into Administration.

If there is one thing today should surely teach us, it's to ignore unfounded rumours from dubious sources.

?????....... well that would be the strangest thing ever! We are a) insolvent or B) a floating charge holder is about to appoint an Administrator....... so let's shell out a shed load of money to pay off a dismissed manager, appoint a new one, more than likely sign some new players....... to then go into Administration.

If there is one thing today should surely teach us, it's to ignore unfounded rumours from dubious sources.

You can ask SC then if it's definitely ruled out.