Heard a variation on this. Not that he's not speaking to him full stop, but that he's ignoring/avoiding his calls about the embargo, potential transfers etc when he's not at th club. Add this to the rumoured release of Winchester over the manager's head and the January targets seemingly being Corney targets rather than Robinson targets and it all points towards Corney trying to encourage him to resign before he has to push him. Time is running out for that though now.

As others have said on the Winny thread, it is unlikely that Robbo is out of th loop on Winny sale. He's been clear what he expects and has hardly playeed him as a consequence, as have many other managers.

He'll hardly have put up a fight at all to keep him, if he even resisted which is doubtfu.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen Robbo's interview and again he alludes to the fact that we are creating chances but it just won't go in. The problem is we are not creating enough chances! I'm sure I read that a Premier League side creates 6-7 chances per goal, it's no doubt more in League One. Apart from the Port Vale game we are just not creating enough chances to score, 3 or 4 per game is just not enough.

He sets us up negatively, his tactics are defensive minded and we just don't seem to shoot very often. As Robbo shrewdly pointed out, you need to score to win a game, well equally we need to be creating more chances to score a goal, throw bodies forward, take a risk and have a :censored:ing shot every now and then.

I get he's not had the easiest introduction into management but he's getting it wrong and making watching Latics a painful experience.

Time for Robbo to go, now, today...get someone in who will at least have a go for the rest of the season and hopefully get a few decent players in to help the 4 or 5 of the current crop that have some ability.

Once/if we get a manager and team to get behind then we really need to turn on Corney. One :censored: up too many from him, time to go and get someone else in, if we can't sell the club then surely Blitz and his cronies have another mate who isn't so :censored:ing incompetent!

Edited by DerbyshireLatic

As others have said on the Winny thread, it is unlikely that Robbo is out of th loop on Winny sale. He's been clear what he expects and has hardly playeed him as a consequence, as have many other managers.

He'll hardly have put up a fight at all to keep him, if he even resisted which is doubtfu.

Whilst I agree he's won't be shedding a tear at Winchester's departure, given how little game time he's given him, he did say in his LP interview on Monday atternoon that he had not been approached about interest in any of the players. It seems unliklely to me that the whole thing has come about since then.

Whilst I agree he's won't be shedding a tear at Winchester's departure, given how little game time he's given him, he did say in his LP interview on Monday atternoon that he had not been approached about interest in any of the players. It seems unliklely to me that the whole thing has come about since then.

Want it mentioned on here a while ago Cheltenham fans would be delighted after they have signed an Oldham player? In which case there must have been interest.