Southend game

Such a frustrating game, which wasn't helped by the referee. ..Southend 's 'gamesmanship ' standing in front of every free kick,slowing everything down at every set piece. ..the keeper taking as much time as he liked every goal kick to which the ref would wave his arm to get on with it but the keeper wasn't even looking!

I know that the ref wasn't to blame for the performance but more and more I am getting frustrated by this side of the game. .

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is can the club take an admin points deduction this season if finance so bad. Or would it effect next season in Div 2

12 point deduction. I believe we can take it this season unless we would have been relegated anyway. If we finish in the bottom four without that deduction we'd start League Two on minus 12.

But administration would drop Blitz right in it financially.

Such a frustrating game, which wasn't helped by the referee. ..Southend 's 'gamesmanship ' standing in front of every free kick,slowing everything down at every set piece. ..the keeper taking as much time as he liked every goal kick to which the ref would wave his arm to get on with it but the keeper wasn't even looking!

I know that the ref wasn't to blame for the performance but more and more I am getting frustrated by this side of the game. .

We did much the same at Oxford.

Until refs start waving cards about it will continue.

Lack of energy, lack of power, lack of technique.

It doesn't reflect well on anyone who was involved in putting this squad together.

While none of them are world-beaters, what concerns me is that those who do have technique show it so rarely, those who have power are so weak, and generally there's more drive in a tricycle.

Surely professional footballers don't want to play this way - where is their expression? The only three attacking players who I think regularly try to do something beyond the ordinary are Croft, Winchester and Erwin. Suffice to say, none of them get a game now. The rest all seem more than happy to play far within themselves, are so predictable.

It's a combination of management and players taking responsibility. Even from a talentless team I'd expect more intent.

So do you think we'll get the perennial managerial firing followed by head-scratching emergence of funds to strengthen the squad in January?

I don't think we will this season; Robinson will remain, wheel and deal within his budget and we'll ultimately see our 20th year in this league be in relegation. There's no fight, no creativity, no source of goals - all the signs that the whole club, on field and off field, have finally given up.

With the exception of the diehards who continue to buy STs, our relegation is what the club and the town deserve. No support, no loyalty, no ambition.....

If he's going to sack him it needs to be today, so that a new guy can come in look at the current crop of :censored:e in training and over the 3 Xmas games and then hopefully get some funds to recruit at least 7 new players in January. Can't see that happening on any front so where does that leave us?

I did think up a new tactic yesterday, we could play the ball into Ladapo's feet then work off his 5 yard touch/close control, only issue was as my lad pointed out, no one knows which direction it's going in!

If he's going to sack him it needs to be today, so that a new guy can come in look at the current crop of :censored:e in training and over the 3 Xmas games and then hopefully get some funds to recruit at least 7 new players in January. Can't see that happening on any front so where does that leave us?

I did think up a new tactic yesterday, we could play the ball into Ladapo's feet then work off his 5 yard touch/close control, only issue was as my lad pointed out, no one knows which direction it's going in!

Robinson won't be sacked. Corney will point to a promising manager who is hamstrung by a restricted budget that in turn is hamstrung by dwindling ST income and gates. It's a vicious circle that been on a steady decline that's now gathering pace.

When we're relegated, and I believe we will be, this season, we will see Corney stand down. The club - in name - will be placed on open sale at a knockdown price with Blitz retaining ownership of the stadium and land. Whoever is mad enough to take ownership will be a sitting tenant paying rent to Blitz unless they uproot and play elsewhere. If they uproot then Blitz will campaign that the land where BP stands is now defunct and development can take place so they can sell the land and recoup majority of their losses.

I know I'm doom and gloom but I cannot see our club existing where it is at the moment under the ownership structure it currently has. It's dying slowly....

Hold on a minute Corney and Co are going to leave us in better nick than when they strode into town as our saviours, little did we know they'd strangle the life out of the club, fragment it from top to bottom and yet some still defend the useless clown. A once great club with a good reputation in the game has become nothing more than a laughing stock and a joke. All I'm suprised at is that they have as many loyal fans as they do, how can anyone possibly question or blame the fans who don't go?

Hold on a minute Corney and Co are going to leave us in better nick than when they strode into town as our saviours, little did we know they'd strangle the life out of the club, fragment it from top to bottom and yet some still defend the useless clown. A once great club with a good reputation in the game has become nothing more than a laughing stock and a joke. All I'm suprised at is that they have as many loyal fans as they do, how can anyone possibly question or blame the fans who don't go?

You could argue that the 'silent protesters' as you call them have helped accelerated the decline.

Yes we HAD a great reputation but as a club with prospects we're non-league/League 2 standard.

That's not solely Corney's fault. I 100% agree he's been naive, incompetent etc in choosing managers but hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?!

Damn right should the fans who DON'T go be blamed for our predicament. If we had 3000 extra on a gate then we'd be shopping from a different window. Why should Corney be blamed for not spending his own money when the people of Oldham who supposedly support this club haven't?

It pisses me off when I spend over £100 to watch a match with travelling costs and someone who lives in walking distance can't be arsed to pay £22! We shouldn't expect winning football - you support a club, win or lose. Granted some have been priced out so incentives or concessions should exist. However if you can afford 3-4 pints on a Saturday then why not spend it on a ticket instead and that £22 - along with 2000 others paying that - can fund better players.

You can't force people to carry on paying to watch something they get so little in return for especially if they have other priorities, I work with half a dozen Latics fans who used to go, they think I'm stupid for travelling up and down the country in vain hope and they probably have a point, at some stage people are going to say enough is enough, it's a two way thing the owner has to provide a product that competes, the leisure pound is so competitive and people want some sort of value for money, there's clubs in this division with similar crowds who are run adequately and have some sort of vision for the future but we just struggle in every department.

If Blitz gave a :censored: he could have actively sold the club whilst retaining the land six years ago. Instead he effectively put us into admin by leaving Uncle Simon in charge.

I barely watched the game yesterday, I was that bored. It'll be the first year (except for postponements) that I haven't gone to a game over Christmas. Spending time with the in laws is a far more attractive proposition.

Time to bin this team of complete :censored:bags (Ripley, Clarke, Croft and Winchester apart) and throw the kids in. Bin the short term deals, bin the remaining loanees, Chuck the kids in, let's have a go and go down fighting.

Oh and the manager can :censored: off too, Boring, insipid ambitionless :censored: of a man and take the clipboard wielding bum chimp with him.

Yes we HAD a great reputation but as a club with prospects we're non-league/League 2 standard.

That's not solely Corney's fault. I 100% agree he's been naive, incompetent etc in choosing managers but hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?!

Damn right should the fans who DON'T go be blamed for our predicament. If we had 3000 extra on a gate then we'd be shopping from a different window. Why should Corney be blamed for not spending his own money when the people of Oldham who supposedly support this club haven't?

It pisses me off when I spend over £100 to watch a match with travelling costs and someone who lives in walking distance can't be arsed to pay £22! We shouldn't expect winning football - you support a club, win or lose. Granted some have been priced out so incentives or concessions should exist. However if you can afford 3-4 pints on a Saturday then why not spend it on a ticket instead and that £22 - along with 2000 others paying that - can fund better players.

We had about 7500 fans attending home games when Corney and Co came in. Corney and Co have watched that fan base dwindle and decrease year on year on the back of the lack of investment in the actual product they are trying to sell and terrible decision after terrible decision at board level. They let these fans walk away. They continue to make these terrible decisions. They continue to spout rubbish at every oppurtunity to try and get as much cash as they can in from the dwindling fan base. They continue to screw their existing customers over whenever thet feel like it. They continue to make the club unsaleable by stripping every available asset and putting them into another company. Keep :censored:ting on your customers and they will and do have every right to stop buying the product.

Would you keep giving money to a restaurant that once was your favourite but over the years has gone that far downhill it is now unrecogniseable as the restaurant you once loved or would you just go and eat somewhere else?

If you accept 53 points is minimum likely to save you we need another 35 points from 25 games. 9 wins 8 draws 8 defeats .... ish. Looks completely out of reach with squad and managers lack of influence. The look in mirror remark is accurate. How most of these are professional sportsmen is stunning.

Question is can the club take an admin points deduction this season if finance so bad. Or would it effect next season in Div 2 which I feel most fans are now resigned to seeing. Not trying to be negative more a realistic outcome.

For those saying next years fight to come back up... Us old lags have heard that so many times from Premiership down. I started watching games at York, Wrexham, Darlington,Lincoln, Stockport, Tranmere, Halifax, Chester, Torquay, Southport. worked for them. Sadtimes for any latics supporter.

Take my hat off to anyone who can still brave watching such crap home and away.

I think 45 points could be enough for survival this season. 3 wins from 21 and 11 goals is absolutely shocking and we should be cut adrift already but we're not. I thought last season was bad but we've managed to be even worse this time around!

Tweaking this squad in January would be like putting a plaster on a bullet hole. Major surgery would give us a fighting chance but under Robinson I'm not even confident that we could survive.

Although what happened in the close season was a farce and he was dealt a very poor hand he is solely responsible for assembling the worst squad of players I've ever seen at this club in living memory who seem to get worse and worse with each passing week!!!

I think 45 points could be enough for survival this season. 3 wins from 21 and 11 goals is absolutely shocking and we should be cut adrift already but we're not. I thought last season was bad but we've managed to be even worse this time around!

Tweaking this squad in January would be like putting a plaster on a bullet hole. Major surgery would give us a fighting chance but under Robinson I'm not even confident that we could survive.

Although what happened in the close season was a farce and he was dealt a very poor hand he is solely responsible for assembling the worst squad of players I've ever seen at this club in living memory who seem to get worse and worse with each passing week!!!

I think O'Driscoll and turnbull should be held accountable for some of the signings too

Yesterday's performance was no different than what we've been seeing all season. Lots of huffing and puffing with absolutely no end product! Midfield players devoid of any craft, guile or tackling ability, wide men who just run up blind alleys, strikers who's control is woeful and hardly ever manage to get a shot in.

Only the defence (collectively) have performed to anything like a good enough standard this season, and even they let themselves down yesterday. Both goals came from calamitous mistakes, admittedly the second one came from a midfield player rather than a defender but Southend had other opportunities caused by defensive mix-ups.

I don't necessarily blame the players though, I think some of them are playing to their level which is basically League 2 or below, which is probably where they will be next season.

The gates have a direct impact on the budget that can be spent on players coming in, and we simply do no generate enough income to bring in the quality that we need.

The faithful fans will continue to go to games but there simply aren't enough of them.

Hopefully if we do go down this season we might be a winning team next year, at least it would be better to watch. But I'm not counting on it! ⚽