Southend game

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Fane is suspended the manager will probably have to turn to players he doesn't trust. What does he says to them "I don't trust you, but have to play you anyway" ?

Sounds like it...

“I’ve said to the boys either on the bench or in the stands that until I learn to trust them, I’m going with that team and I’ll be sticking with it.
“Until I get new players in that I know what they will give me then we will end up progressing up the league."

Which of course he cant stick with as Fane is suspended for the Southend game.

I'd trust nobody if I were Robbo. Or everybody. :censored:, I'm confused....

Since when did playing 1 up top have to mean long ball anyway?

It doesn't, but your 1 needs to be able to hold the ball up - either from running the channels and/or being strong with his back to goal. Either way, he needs a good first touch, whichever body part he uses to keep hold of the ball with, I don't think any of our 3 current first team forwards can do this. McKay & Ladapo might benefit from playing around a target man. I can't fathom out what Erwin's best position is. He's like Danny Philliskirk.

I always wonder about a players psyche, you tell them that if you help us to win games in the cup we can generate some cash to get in players to replace you! How is that thought going to inspire them. Perhaps explains why we lost at Lincoln.

I don't buy this argument. Before the game when this was said, the players he was referring to won't even have been in the squad

I don't buy this argument. Before the game when this was said, the players he was referring to won't even have been in the squad

Indeed it's bollocks, like if someone performs in the cup they will be sent to the reserves. Their are probably plenty of reasons why the players put a no show in against Lincoln that isn't it.

Bloody hell, I've heard of slowing the game down but that's taking it to an extreme.

The Chron once made a misprint 'David Shaw scored in the 90th day'.

Another one was instead of a 'scrappy' game the s was missed out.

The best Chron misprint though was reporting on a local cricket game.

'The Saddleworth opener scored a double century - a feat last achieved in 1066'.

Edited by BP1960

Well done.Nice to see what Fane can do as well.He looks far better going forwards than the likes of Green.Need to get a win at Mansfield and stay clear of our Chesterfield jinx.

I'd swop all that for some league points though.

Well done.Nice to see what Fane can do as well.He looks far better going forwards than the likes of Green.

Really? He picked up the ball, ran 10 yards into open space and made a 5 yard pass. It was hardly groundbreaking...

Green has made some decent runs this season and been part of some decent passing around the opposition box.