Burgess

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Burgess goes to Bury because....

Transfer embargo still in force Robbo's hands tied?

Transfer embargo lifted...Corney wants Gerrard?

Holloway rumours...Corney wants him?

Shez on his way back?

This is all very similar to events leading up to Dunn's departure....wouldn't rule it out!

Get Shez and Gerrard in then come from behind to beat Gillingham and win 1-0 at Shrewsbury thanks to a Winchester thunderbolt. That would be weird.

FWIW, Burgess gets into my worst ever Latics XI (I started going in 1990), based largely on the Lincoln performance. No loss.

Mediocre loanees who have contributed to us being bottom going to relegation rivals.

That's good news I'd say.

My thoughts exactly!!

Would just like to know that others are coming in...Holloway and Gerrard would do very nicely thanks any chance of main aswell

So Burgess goes to Bury because....

Transfer embargo still in force Robbo's hands tied?

Transfer embargo lifted...Corney wants Gerrard?

Holloway rumours...Corney wants him?

Shez on his way back?

This is all very similar to events leading up to Dunn's departure....wouldn't rule it out!

He did the same to Dickov, getting rid of all his staff.

Ladapo and Burgess have the physical attributes to be good in their positions but mentally they've been pretty poor whilst here. The miss v Port Vale by Ladapo was woeful. Burgess lucky to have played alongside Clarke. Gave away penaltys at the start of the season. And his performance and passing v Southend (h) was one of the worst by a defender I've seen in a while.

Guest nonaenever

Personally, I think George Edmundson will mature into an excellent defender in the mould of Tarky. Would have been great to see him learning alongside Clarke but I don't think we'll see that now because our situation is so critical i.e. I think we will see an experienced battler like Gerrard partnering Clarke.

If Gerrard does come, it will be interesting to see whether that works because both are relatively slow and both want to be the "daddy" - that can sometimes cause unsettlement.

Personally, I think George Edmundson will mature into an excellent defender in the mould of Tarky. Would have been great to see him learning alongside Clarke but I don't think we'll see that now because our situation is so critical i.e. I think we will see an experienced battler like Gerrard partnering Clarke.

If Gerrard does come, it will be interesting to see whether that works because both are relatively slow and both want to be the "daddy" - that can sometimes cause unsettlement.

It feels like a luxury having both Gerrard and Clarke in the same team in that they both do the same thing both benefit from having a quicker CB next to them.

A suggestion as a way round this would be for us to defend deep so Clarke and Gerrard don't get caught (they will be fine aslong as they don't get caught for pace) and sign some quick forwards and play on the counter attack.

It feels like a luxury having both Gerrard and Clarke in the same team in that they both do the same thing both benefit from having a quicker CB next to them.

Interesting definiton of luxury players; I always had hem down as mercurial wingers who look like world beaters every now and again.

Guest nonaenever

A suggestion as a way round this would be for us to defend deep so Clarke and Gerrard don't get caught (they will be fine aslong as they don't get caught for pace) and sign some quick forwards and play on the counter attack.

Thinking about it though, Burgess wasn't exactly blessed with speed and our defence (with Clarke present) hasn't done too bad. Wilson's not the quickest either and, again, has looked very good when played correctly at the back this season. Perhaps pace at the back isn't quite as crucial at our level?