Burgess

Gone to Bury on loan.

That embargo must be impacting us.

Not devastated if we get Gerrard, who's clearly an upgrade, but Robinson clearly wanted to keep him.

I'd rather we'd have kept him. Not impressed by him on an individual level but was a cog in a half decent defence.

Edited by NewBlue

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Burgess goes to Bury because....

Transfer embargo still in force Robbo's hands tied?

Transfer embargo lifted...Corney wants Gerrard?

Holloway rumours...Corney wants him?

Shez on his way back?

This is all very similar to events leading up to Dunn's departure....wouldn't rule it out!

Shez on his way back?

This is all very similar to events leading up to Dunn's departure....wouldn't rule it out!

Getting the same feeling myself.

The famous Simon Corney Prod in force?

We've got rid of two players from probably the worst squad in my time watching latics, (granted not THAT long) to relegation rivals...

If Gerrard comes in as speculated then it's an instant upgrade on Burgess.

If ANYONE comes in then it's an instant upgrade on Ladapo.

Shez on his way back?

Yes, it does seem familiar.

Gives the impression there might be a stand off going on.Robbo is quoted in the press saying he's not quitting and if he goes that will be someone else's decision, whilst Corney does his best to make his job impossible, trying to encourage him to walk.

Obviously there is no direct evidence that Corney is doing that, I'm just trying to read between the lines.

Not the finest player but a loss when compared to half thw squad. Conceded less than most of the league so must have been doimg something right..

Ok, ball at his feet he's poor bit this is relegation scrap league one... I dont want someone messing about at the back. Will do ok at bury... I believe theres a bottom half championship player in there somewhere.

We've got rid of two players from probably the worst squad in my time watching latics, (granted not THAT long) to relegation rivals...

If Gerrard comes in as speculated then it's an instant upgrade on Burgess.

If ANYONE comes in then it's an instant upgrade on Ladapo.

never rated burgess gaz, error prone.

Regardless of the merits of Burgess and Lapado an issue for me is that these 2 players' agents have not set up these deals in the 72 hours post Dec 31st......i might be wrong but it smells of Robinson not controlling ins and outs at the club? ....including his own which is looking closer now

Last season we let Philiskirk go to a rival. That didnlt turn out so bad.

The transfer embargo does not affect players leaving.

I am fairly sure we can technically still sign players despite the embargo, because all the embargo is is the FL refusing to sanction the move, so if we managed to please extreme hardship the FL could sanction in exceptional circumstances. I have no idea if they have ever done it though. Theoretical of course.

There is a poll where the vast majority wanted Ladapo gone. And Burgess was close. So need to get worried. Most agree not great loss.

As others have said if we signed Holloway and Gerrard that would be an improvement. No guarantee, and we'd another signing or two, but it improves the odds.