Latics v Posh

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of the group of 16 who are on our mini bus to Shrews, I would say 6/7 would have attended the fixture on Tuesday. All 16 will probably now go, and I am very sure if we show promise and look like we did under Sheridan last season with a bit of fight, that 10 will become fairly regurlar again. Including Lee Sinnott.

This must be one of the most difficult attendances to guess.

The one and only time we did a free game, I seem to recall people beforehand being doubtful about the response it would get, and in the end there were ridiculous queues resulting in a full house and people left disappointed outside the ground (including some ST holders - I got in, but not in my normal stand).

But circumstances were different:

- it took place when the Premiership and Pinch-me seasons were still fresh-ish in people's minds

- it was to see the start of a new ownership model that provused more hope than simply another manager

- it was the sense of relief that we still had a club after a period of facimg extinction

- it was a lovely Sunday afternoon with blue skies with little other football on to compete

- and Grimsby was close enough that they filled there allocation (small end of RRE)

These days the memories of the past have faded and whilst Shez is back, it's not enough to change the current longer term future of the club.

Champions League will be on TV, and it's a Tuesday night in February. The away end is bigger and less likely to be full due to the distance and it being after work.

I'd still back "free" football to be a bigger draw than we might expect, and I'd guess 8,000 to 9,000.

Champions League will be on TV, and it's a Tuesday night in February. The away end is bigger and less likely to be full due to the distance and it being after work.

Nope, although Barrow v Lincoln is on BT Sport. And it'll still be January

I can't beleive celebration Sunday is 13 years ago.

Team that day...

L Pogliacomi (G)

D Holden (D)

W Haining (D)

A Griffin (D)

G Owen (D)

D Boshell (M)

J Johnson (M)

J Sheridan (M)

P Murray (M)

S Vernon (F)

J Eyre (F)