Northampton

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondered if Motherwell made a reasonable bid for him would SC take it?

Absolutely. Tommy Wright was there again on Saturday, that's most, if not all of our home games since Shez came back. He must be assisting Shez in some form?

Looking at the highlights, after the winner it looks like the players are more keen to go to the crowd than the goal scorer... trouble at mill?

Won't be any trouble, it will be the same as any other work place.

Perhaps Shez told him to sit deep.

This. It seemed a very deliberate plan in 2nd half v Charlton, so I'd imagine it's Shez acknowledging our current limitations. 1st half get in their faces, press high and get a goal up, then drop deep to cover our evident lack of pace at the back.

Risky, and I don't personally like to see us play that way due to the heart palpitations it brings when we're protecting a lead and they get within 20 yards of our goal with a few mins left, but it's worked so far, so I'd expect us to carry on with it until season end if it continues to be successful.

Sorrry for the later than usual posting of the goal commentary.

The Clyp server was affected by last nights data problems in the US and I couldn't upload it after the game.

There were also gremlins on Northampton's LP line, well Sky actually, who cut LP off every time they used the shared line. Hence the change to GMR for the 2nd goal.

LP and GMR commentary on Latics "latest" win

1min 36sec - 1.4Mb

https://clyp.it/vxwz5u0n

Can't understand criticism of AAH in earlier posts. He was excellent v Swindon and clearly adds value to the team. He may not be prolific but he will get/provide goals.

As for O'Neill, he's 18 - give him a chance!!

I'm pretty sure the posts are sarcastic...

From the Chron:

Sheridan was left unimpressed last night with the decision to allow Northampton's goal to stand, in light of what he felt was a clear shove on skipper Peter Clarke in its build-up.

"The fourth official said it was a push, but it wasn't a bad push," said an incredulous Sheridan. "That's what his words were to me."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/102340/shez-salute-after-subs-late-strike

Anthony GerrardVerified account @antgerrard86 16h16 hours ago

Another 3pts, they're trying there best to stop us in wot we're trying achieve! Farcical really. Oh well we'll keep battling on

From the Chron:

Sheridan was left unimpressed last night with the decision to allow Northampton's goal to stand, in light of what he felt was a clear shove on skipper Peter Clarke in its build-up.

"The fourth official said it was a push, but it wasn't a bad push," said an incredulous Sheridan. "That's what his words were to me."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/102340/shez-salute-after-subs-late-strike

At least it doesn't appear to have impacted on his kids' Easter eggs.

In the Chron about their goal "John-Joe O'Toole's gobbling up of a Keshi Anderson header that squirmed past Connor Ripley - the only thing that beat him all evening"

Never seen someone head a ball as hard with their foot.

Amazing save from an absolutely point blank volley.

Makes it sound like a weak header he's spilled out