Northampton

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic win! Promotion form again this season with Shez.....IF he's here for the whole of next season we might actually have a chance of doing something

He won't be here next season there are major issues with him in the dressing room and Corney was on the point of paying him to go back to Leeds in January

The way teams are hitting form bar the bottom 2 50 point will be a must I think. If a few teams win on saturday including us that drags half the league in to a relegation battle for the last 2 spots (which could be Possibly 1 spot if vale dont pick up)

Edited by OAFCinWolves

???

None of the teams in the bottom 4 have hit form. Not really. The bottom 4 now look likely to drop to me. The bottom 3 have 1 win in the last 10.

Cov and Chesterfield are gone, Port Vale are on an awful run and Swindon have won 3 in 10, admittedly the last 2 for them are wins, but those are against Coventry and Gillingham.

Ripley said in his comments before the game at their place they had totally outplayed us and I think they are a half decent team. I fancy them to stay up. Gillingham on the other hand are dropping quickly and in pennock don't have a tried and tested manager. Hopefully vale have a bad few games and get cut adrift then it's one spot from a few teams.

I wouldn't write Swindon off. All season I've been thinking Coventry would get their :censored: together and climb the table but they are surely gone now. It's hard to believe we've got so many more points than them, given how recently we were below them. Chesterfield are really going to have to do something special to get out of it. Port Vale have plenty to play for, with loads of games in hand, but the fixture pile up won't help them and their form is :censored:.

That was a big win tonight with Swindon, Shrewsbury and Bury winning.

I said a while ago that Gillingham looked like the team that might fall like a stone and they're living up to that. They could definitely go down.

First half was very even. We played some nice stuff, got the goal and looked creative. The matched us though and missed two absolute sitters.

Second half they came out of the tunnel pumped up. We sat deep and struggled. The only surprise being how late their goal came. The irritation being we'd almost bagged a second a minute earlier with a beauty from Erwin (I think) brilliantly saved by their keeper. Ripley made three decent saves in the game too.

One moment of note for me was a shot straight at their keeper in the second half where both Tope and Holloway followed up. The ball didn't spill to them but if it had one of them would have been on it.

Great winner from Erwin. Delighted he's finally learned not to hit the woodwork. His body language was miles better tonight too.

Crucial win.

Still no goals yet for Holloway but got both assists tonight.

He gives us something we didn't have.

Nearly everyone on this forum can see what he brings to the team but I wonder how long the lack of scoring goals himself will set off some of the boo boys or affect his own confidence?

Nearly everyone on this forum can see what he brings to the team but I wonder how long the lack of scoring goals himself will set off some of the boo boys or affect his own confidence?

You won't get that with Holloway.

Edited by BP1960

If Holloway scored goals Fleetwood wouldent of let him go and he'd be playing at a higher level than league 1 he won't score many but his hold up play is outstanding and he's there to let others do the scoring hopefully we can get a poacher to play next to him next season

Crucial we won tonight after seeing other results great substitution by Shez to bring Erwin on he could of brought Ngooo on at 1-0 to hold the lead but he knew we would need a second so he put faith in Erwin and it paid of with him scoring and winning us the game ! Class

Edited by Markspark92

If Holloway scored goals Fleetwood wouldent of let him go and he'd be playing at a higher level than league 1 he won't score many but his hold up play is outstanding and he's there to let others do the scoring hopefully we can get a poacher to play next to him next season

Obadeyi poached one tonight, maybe he's the answer?