Brexit Negotiations

Matt

If there’s one thing about brexit I don’t understand, is why anyone believes that the big no deal brexit pushers are doing so with the interests of the people on the street in mind.

Johnson - old Etonian posho who’s been either incompetent or a liar or both in every position he’s ever had in order to reach the top job

Rees-Mogg - dad literally wrote the manual on disaster capitalism

Farage - Russian puppet who likes to ride in gold plated lifts

The pound dropped 1% when this proroguing bollocks happened. People knew it was coming. People would have made a fortune off the back of it. It all fucking stinks to high heaven.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

A partial view. They voted in favour of A50. They subsequently failed to vote in favour of an agreement. They have signally failed to make a decision at all.

The house, including many pro Brexit MPs, didn't approve a shit deal. That's their job..Boris is in it for Boris. He's engineering a crisis. He wants his apparent attempt to force through no deal to be blocked (not even he's that thick to actually want that) . He can then call a general election, blaming everyone else for blocking Brexit. Some morons will vote for him. 

On 8/30/2019 at 8:36 AM, RoytonLatics said:

The other side of the politically influenced coin:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/aug/31/turning-clubs-global-brands-means-more-burys

16 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I haven't said anything about sides. I'm disgusted with Boris Johnson's actions this week. I reacted to the selective views on democracy from Al Bro initially. 

There is nothing unusual in what Boris has done. Parliament always closes down one week after returning from their over long summer holiday to go on Party jollies. We didn't have a Queens Speech last year, because the incompetent May decided to have a two year session. Instead of returning on October 8th which would normally be the case they are returning on October 14th. Nothing unusual, it's just been blown up out of all proportion by politicians who are not against a no deal, they are against leaving at all, and are doing everything to try and keep us in. It was very funny watching them kicking and screaming when their bubble of their meeting the previous day was burst. They were like little children who can't get their own way thrashing around like fish out of water.

Anyway back o Bury. This isn't a political forum.

6 minutes ago, al_bro said:

There is nothing unusual in what Boris has done. Parliament always closes down one week after returning from their over long summer holiday to go on Party jollies. We didn't have a Queens Speech last year, because the incompetent May decided to have a two year session. Instead of returning on October 8th which would normally be the case they are returning on October 14th. Nothing unusual, it's just been blown up out of all proportion by politicians who are not against a no deal, they are against leaving at all, and are doing everything to try and keep us in. It was very funny watching them kicking and screaming when their bubble of their meeting the previous day was burst. They were like little children who can't get their own way thrashing around like fish out of water.

Anyway back o Bury. This isn't a political forum.

Absolutely spot in.  He is closing parliament for 4 days extra than normal.  4 days.  What do these pricks hope to achieve in 4 days that they’ve failed to do in 3 years? 

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

Instead of returning on October 8th which would normally be the case they are returning on October 14th. Nothing unusual, it's just been blown up out of all proportion by politicians who are not against a no deal, they are against leaving at all, and are doing everything to try and keep us in.

Just a coincidence then that this has happened at a time of extreme political and economic uncertainty to a Govt that has a sitting majority of one? Crisis what crisis? Less time and opportunity to debate the most important decision since WW2-you think this is responsible governing?

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Just a coincidence then that this has happened at a time of extreme political and economic uncertainty to a Govt that has a sitting majority of one? Crisis what crisis? Less time and opportunity to debate the most important decision since WW2-you think this is responsible governing?

Hype.  The world will keep turning and we’ll be fine. 

Imagine if its its almost seamless or it’s all great 12 months in.  The political fallout will be huge.  Maybe that’s what they are scared of?  It’s hard to u-turn on this now when they’ve been SO vociferous in their doom saying.  😂

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Absolutely spot in.  He is closing parliament for 4 days extra than normal.  4 days.  What do these pricks hope to achieve in 4 days that they’ve failed to do in 3 years? 

Damn I forgot to vote in the election.

If it's only 4 days, why is he even bothering?

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

The house, including many pro Brexit MPs, didn't approve a shit deal. That's their job..Boris is in it for Boris. He's engineering a crisis. He wants his apparent attempt to force through no deal to be blocked (not even he's that thick to actually want that) . He can then call a general election, blaming everyone else for blocking Brexit. Some morons will vote for him. 

Are people morons because they don’t ‘understand’ politics in the way you do? Or Is it because you think Boris is a moron, and by implication anyone that votes for him must be a moron? I suspect he’ll get a lot more than some morons to vote for him, in fact i’ll think he’ll get enough morons to return a hefty majority. 

Boris like Farage- are both odious individuals but are excellent politicians. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

Hype.  The world will keep turning and we’ll be fine. 

Of course it must be if you say so. 

Imagine if they are right and you are one of the people who voted to make us all worse off. The political fallout will be huge. Maybe that's what you are scared of? Its hard to u-turn now when you have been SO vociferous in telling us a land of milk and honey awaits after we leave.

12 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

When you are negotiating with the EU you have to make them think you mean what you say. If they think Parliament can stop you they will give nothing. They have already said they are watching closely what goes on before they will make decisions.

Put it this way. If my company wants to buy yours and I have offered say £10m. you could come back and say no way I want at least £12m. After some negotiations I up my offer to £11m. You stick to your guns and say no I want £12m. or forget it. I really want to buy the company so I eventually say ok I'll give you £12m. and we finally agree. If I knew that your board of directors were so concerned that the deal may fall through they tell you not to argue too much and accept the £10m. When you come back to me saying you wanted £12m. I would say no, take £10m or the deal is off, and you have to accept it.

11 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Of course it must be if you say so. 

Imagine if they are right and you are one of the people who voted to make us all worse off. The political fallout will be huge. Maybe that's what you are scared of? Its hard to u-turn now when you have been SO vociferous in telling us a land of milk and honey awaits after we leave.

Vote? We’ve already voted. I voted remain. I accepted that I lost. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Are people morons because they don’t ‘understand’ politics in the way you do? Or Is it because you think Boris is a moron, and by implication anyone that votes for him must be a moron? I suspect he’ll get a lot more than some morons to vote for him, in fact i’ll think he’ll get enough morons to return a hefty majority. 

Boris like Farage- are both odious individuals but are excellent politicians. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. 

A common theme on here is posters putting words into other posters mouths in order to try to change the point of the argument. I'm sorry I let myself get involved in this off topic subject and this will be my last word. But to be clear, I haven't claimed to have a deep understanding of politics, I haven't proffered my views on Brexit, I haven't given any view on Jeremy Corbyn. I haven't called everybody who votes for Johnson a moron. I am genuinely disgusted with Johnson's actions. I honestly think if people can't see that he is acting purely to further his own ambitions they are moronic. If he thought that calling a second referendum would strengthen his political position he would do it in a heartbeat. 

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

A common theme on here is posters putting words into other posters mouths in order to try to change the point of the argument. I'm sorry I let myself get involved in this off topic subject and this will be my last word. But to be clear, I haven't claimed to have a deep understanding of politics, I haven't proffered my views on Brexit, I haven't given any view on Jeremy Corbyn. I haven't called everybody who votes for Johnson a moron. I am genuinely disgusted with Johnson's actions. I honestly think if people can't see that he is acting purely to further his own ambitions they are moronic. If he thought that calling a second referendum would strengthen his political position he would do it in a heartbeat. 

What are you sorry for? It’s just debate on a forum. Don’t things so seriously. 😉

Of course Boris would do that, as would Corbyn who has left his position so ambiguous and non committal that whichever it was going he could move to popular opinion. Sturgeon purports she wants a ‘people vote’ on brexit.  But doesn’t respect her own people’s vote in their own referendum that keep them part of the Uk. Double standards anyone. . ? 

Every single politician, moves, jostles, positions themselves. Promises are broken, rules are bent. It’s the name of the game. You can’t single one man out and say he’s a bad man. He’s playing the same game as everybody else, and wether we like him or not is moot. He’s a clever and shrewd operator who will run rings Corbyn IMO. 

Setting off for the game now.

Talk later? 😂

26 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

You’ve just described modern politics on all sides. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What are you sorry for? It’s just debate on a forum. Don’t things so seriously. 😉

Of course Boris would do that, as would Corbyn who has left his position so ambiguous and non committal that whichever it was going he could move to popular opinion. Sturgeon purports she wants a ‘people vote’ on brexit.  But doesn’t respect her own people’s vote in their own referendum that keep them part of the Uk. Double standards anyone. . ? 

Every single politician, moves, jostles, positions themselves. Promises are broken, rules are bent. It’s the name of the game. You can’t single one man out and say he’s a bad man. He’s playing the same game as everybody else, and wether we like him or not is moot. He’s a clever and shrewd operator who will run rings Corbyn IMO. 

Setting off for the game now.

Talk later? 😂

Sorry for talking politics on a Latics message board. Enjoy the match. 

I shouldn't respond because one thing that is clear by now is that no-one is up for changing their mind. The divisions, caused by the referendum will carry on for decades, but anyway, 

14 minutes ago, al_bro said:

When you are negotiating with the EU you have to make them think you mean what you say.

Serious negotiation is something that the EU seem to have a lot of experience of, whereas our own bluster and arrogance has been somewhat embarrassing. The idea that we can get what we want by pointing a revolver at our own bollock is absurd.

15 minutes ago, al_bro said:

If I knew that your board of directors were so concerned that the deal may fall through they tell you not to argue too much and accept the £10m. When you come back to me saying you wanted £12m. I would say no, take £10m or the deal is off, and you have to accept it.

...but you'd still have £10 million in this scenario. If, by failing to agree a deal you only get to keep £7 million out of your ten, then surely a more considered approach would be better.

20 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

I shouldn't respond because one thing that is clear by now is that no-one is up for changing their mind. The divisions, caused by the referendum will carry on for decades, but anyway, 

Serious negotiation is something that the EU seem to have a lot of experience of, whereas our own bluster and arrogance has been somewhat embarrassing. The idea that we can get what we want by pointing a revolver at our own bollock is absurd.

...but you'd still have £10 million in this scenario. If, by failing to agree a deal you only get to keep £7 million out of your ten, then surely a more considered approach would be better.

You what!?  Ha.  It hasn’t been bluster and arrogance. It’s been the opposite, that’s the problem....appeasement and weakness.  May was incredibly weak in her ‘negotiations’

Whats really funny in all this is no one gave a shit about European membership before the referendum - it affected no one.

All the racists who thought a Polish brain surgeon was stealing their job tipped out hence the biggest election turnout.

democracy is the biggest scam in the world anyway. Letting the peasants choose which tyrant they prefer  is the best way to keep them quiet 

Archived