Shez - "I need five or six players"

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Magister said:

How would this go down at your place of work. 

Senior Manager announces to all and sundry that at least 2 of you are not good enough and he is going to recruit 5 new employees to take your job?

And he's going to keep paying you whilst not expecting you to do any work. He's also going to do everything he can to help you find another job and supplement your salary for the next couple of years if you have to take a cut...

I think it would go down ok

23 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

And he's going to keep paying you whilst not expecting you to do any work. He's also going to do everything he can to help you find another job and supplement your salary for the next couple of years if you have to take a cut...

I think it would go down ok

Blimey I wish you had worked for me and believed all that crap

12 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

It's not crap, though, is it? That's how football works. Terminating a contract means paying off the remainder of that contract. It is a million miles away from how the 'real world' works. 

Contract Law and employment law is no different in football than in a sausage factory....is it ?

27 minutes ago, Magister said:

Contract Law and employment law is no different in football than in a sausage factory....is it ?

Yes, it is. Can you name another industry where both sides are locked into multi year deals? The European Commission put a scheme to override free movement of labour in the case of our darlings.

26 minutes ago, Magister said:

I don't think the sausage factory workers are able to dictate terms to quite the same extent and have contracts with far less favourable redundancy packages... at a guess.

Maybe not, you seem to know both industries inside out and have noted that there are no differences whatsoever. Interesting. 

8 hours ago, leeslover said:

Yes, it is. Can you name another industry where both sides are locked into multi year deals? The European Commission put a scheme to override free movement of labour in the case of our darlings.

Are you seriously saying the Law is different for footballers? 

21 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Forgetting the law, are you seriously saying that situations are exactly the same for footballers and people who work in a factory? 

No, but I would wager that the annual attritional rate of footballers being moved from employment status to unemployment is amongst the highest of any industry 

3 hours ago, Magister said:

Are you seriously saying the Law is different for footballers? 

Yes. The transfer windows for example are clearly in breach of free movement of labour. Any other profession you can walk out of a fixed term contract and get another job. Seriously.

39 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Yes. The transfer windows for example are clearly in breach of free movement of labour. Any other profession you can walk out of a fixed term contract and get another job. Seriously.

Only a minor point but transfer windows aren't a law.  A footballer could challenge that in court and have it tested against the law , just as Mr Bozman did

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

First team are playing a friendly as I type on Little Wembley. Looks like they're playing Fleetwood. Can't clearly make the kit out...

It is Fleetwood.

I wonder if this is a Norwich City type friendly like in 1988 when they signed Andy Linighan.

Question is are we signing one of theirs or are they signing one of ours?

Edited by palmer1

35 minutes ago, Magister said:

Only a minor point but transfer windows aren't a law.  A footballer could challenge that in court and have it tested against the law , just as Mr Bozman did

Could the British leagues abolish the transfer windows after Brexit?

Edited by BP1960