Shez - "I need five or six players"

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GravityGrave said:

Surely we have had our eyes on potential loan players throughout the summer ? 

Must be a young midfielder out there who'll get on the ball and dictate play . Wigan probably have the best midfield in the league with Morsy , Powell & Jacobs , really fear for a pasting on Saturday . 

Just looking at the squad on Soccerbase. We’ve a squad of 21 players. Not a single loanee in there. Last season there were several occasions we didn’t pay the loan fees properly. I think Bolton said in April we hadn’t paid for any of the 3 months Taylor had been with us. We also had some issues paying Boro for Ripley. Will be interesting to see if we do (or can) get anyone in on loan.

EDIT: Forgot about Ben Wilson...was thinking we'd have several loanees this season though.

Edited by boundaryblue80

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Just looking at the squad on Soccerbase. We’ve a squad of 21 players. Not a single loanee in there. Last season there were several occasions we didn’t pay the loan fees properly. I think Bolton said in April we hadn’t paid for any of the 3 months Taylor had been with us. We also had some issues paying Boro for Ripley. Will be interesting to see if we do (or can) get anyone in on loan.

The keeper is on loan.

You could be right though regarding loan fees though, clubs might not be keen to do business with us.

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Wilson's on loan.

5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I think Bolton said in April we hadn’t paid for any of the 3 months Taylor had been with us.

It may have been a performance related deal.....in which case I've worked it out, we owe Bolton £1.84.

14 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

EDIT: Forgot about Ben Wilson...was thinking we'd have several loanees this season though.

But, but, but all clubs pay the fees late. There was going to be no impact to pissing other clubs off.

1 minute ago, Stevie_J said:

It's a valid point, you'd expect us to have a few loanees, generally speaking, and the keeper situation isn't right at all.

Leeds seemed happy enough to loan us Peacock Farrell.

Although it seems to have gone quiet on Welsh if it was ever on at all..

16 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

So based upon this assumption most of the premiership is skint.

Most of the Premiership is shit . Half of em have equivalent British players that are just as good. But they are twice as expensive as they feel they have a god given right to play in England for whatever they want. Vicious circle of how English football has been polluted with foreign players, all the way down the league system. Foreigners tend to just be cheaper, and they actually want to make it in English football. 

4 minutes ago, Magister said:

How would this go down at your place of work. 

Senior Manager announces to all and sundry that at least 2 of you are not good enough and he is going to recruit 5 new employees to take your job?

2 weeks after he praised you, and said he was confident in you.

23 minutes ago, Magister said:

Senior Manager announces to all and sundry that at least 2 of you are not good enough and he is going to recruit 5 new employees to take your job?

This is football ffs, it is nothing like a normal job and a lot of the little fairies playing it have the most ridiculous sense of entitlement to absurd levels of pay to the point where it cripples the clubs they play for and forces up ticket prices hitting the average man pretty hard in the process.

They are human beings, but they are human beings with it seems particularly low levels of insight or empathy to the wider public.

"Yeah but it's a short career and I couldn't possibly get of my arse after I turn 35, therefore I have to rinse you all now"

Edited by LeylandLatic

15 minutes ago, Magister said:

I love it when people compare sport to working in a sausage factory.....

31 minutes ago, Magister said:

Replacing two people with five sounds like you work in the public sector.

And the worst of the two would be the manager of the new team of six.

Edited by blueatheart

46 minutes ago, Magister said:

Oh I think Maslow and associated psychologists would argue that the hierarchy of needs is exactly the same actually

They wouldn't in this case, as professional footballers are not fighting to get their basic needs met. The sausage men might be.