Shez - "I need five or six players"

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Banks is coming in for the most stick despite his pass for the goal having been the most important (positive) act from an Oldham player during the game? 

You could argue McLaughlin putting it over the line was but he wouldn't have been able to do that without Banks's pass. 

I suspect that if he'd got stuck in for 90 minutes, like Marc Klok used to, but not created a goal most of his critics would be fine with that. 

I'd love us to replace him with better (though I'd say that for all our players,always) but, let's be fair, he's there to create first and foremost and he did his job to greater effect than any of his team mates. 

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

So Banks is coming in for the most stick despite his pass for the goal having been the most important (positive) act from an Oldham player during the game? 

You could argue McLaughlin putting it over the line was but he wouldn't have been able to do that without Banks's pass. 

I suspect that if he'd got stuck in for 90 minutes, like Marc Klok used to, but not created a goal most of his critics would be fine with that. 

I'd love us to replace him with better (though I'd say that for all our players,always) but, let's be fair, he's there to create first and foremost and he did his job to greater effect than any of his team mates. 

1 decent pass in 90 minutes? Whereas Fane, who arguably had one lapse of concentration in 90, is getting pelters.

3 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

1 decent pass in 90 minutes? Whereas Fane, who arguably had one lapse of concentration in 90, is getting pelters.

Like I said, I'd love us to replace him with better but, that one pass did result in the goal. Making it one of the two most worthwhile kicks of the ball in those 90 minutes. 

He was responsible for 50% of our worthwhile kicks. :grin:

Nobody has commented on Fane's Cruyff turns, he skinned 2 players at once. Think it was Walsall or maybe Oxford.

he was terrible for the winner on Saturday however with 2 quality midfielders next to him who are cool in possession, don't panic and retain the ball then he will be an asset.

Imagine Fane with players of the ilk if Matty Palmer and Jose Baxter in there with him. He'd be the perfect foil for them two.

with the shite we currently have it's just a mess

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We've also got a black keeper on trial. Heard the name Jonny Placide mentioned...

I've just been unloading the car and noticed the keepers seemingly staying on after training ... 

I did notice a black guy getting involved, but couldn't see if he was wearing gloves .. that said I did see 2 x keepers also .. maybe one was a youth team keeper helping out???

3 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Nobody has commented on Fane's Cruyff turns, he skinned 2 players at once. Think it was Walsall or maybe Oxford.

he was terrible for the winner on Saturday however with 2 quality midfielders next to him who are cool in possession, don't panic and retain the ball then he will be an asset.

Imagine Fane with players of the ilk if Matty Palmer and Jose Baxter in there with him. He'd be the perfect foil for them two.

with the shite we currently have it's just a mess

Welsh or Douglas or someone like that would make an enormous difference. 

Not as much as a Palmer or Wellens though. 

Moreso than his dislike of a tackle Banks's biggest problem is that he can't "look after the ball" as Shez would say. He has to get rid of it sharpish before he loses it.  

23 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

20 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

I've changed my mind. These midfielders are fucking brilliant and we're gonna walk the league. This rotten start? T'is merely a flesh wound...