Shez - "I need five or six players"

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

What's he said I'm blocked ?

Dont know know what he means but here you go......

Shez has told Corney, he has up to to 31 August to seal his  signing, or he will be leaving the club Shez. #oafc

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Shez has told Corney, he has up to to 31 August to seal his  signing, or he will be leaving the club Shez. #oafc

There's more chance of Shez being here on 31st Aug than there is of Ibby being here...

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

So he has until the end of the window to sign someone - wow that's some ultimatum! 

On 14/08/2017 at 10:53 AM, singe said:

Gardner and a first choice keeper make might make a noticeable difference.

Clarke and Gerrard don't suddently become crap in 2 months.
And a no nonsense midfielder was already on th elsit and seemingly advanced stages so there is 3 of the 5/6. And a quarter of the team.

I am sure most of his interview was just frustration and coming straight out of the dressing room.

It normally feels like Shez gets more out of his team after the break, so maybe he kept calm for once and it backfired.

I do expect Shez to get a reaction from the players on Saturday, and if we don;t then that will be a better indicator.

Reportedly Corney was seen to react furiously after Oxford defeat (IIRC) so may indeed be amenable to more signings.

Well, we didn't see much of a reaction to Shez, which is obviously not a good sign.

I'm getting this feeling that nothing is Sheridan's fault!!!

"I couldn't get the players I wanted."

"The players I have got are not all my choices."

"The players don't listen to the management in training."

"The players don't listen to the management  during the match."

"Corney's picking the team, not me."

"I want to play 8-1-1 but the players are too thick to stay in their allocated area."

"Corney's stopped my Nando/Costa allowance."

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

I'm getting this feeling that nothing is Sheridan's fault!!!

"I couldn't get the players I wanted."

"The players I have got are not all my choices."

"The players don't listen to the management in training."

"The players don't listen to the management  during the match."

"Corney's picking the team, not me."

"I want to play 8-1-1 but the players are too thick to stay in their allocated area."

"Corney's stopped my Nando/Costa allowance."

Has he said any of these things?

2 minutes ago, Clifford said:

He's told his coaching staff he didn't pick two of the signings 

I believe this, and know for a fact he is far from happy with what is going on at the club.

I'd still be pretty pissed off with him if he walks though. When he came back, he promised he'd be around for the full 2 and a half years of his contract. It can't be much of a surprise to him what is going on - He's worked for Corney before...

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I believe this, and know for a fact he is far from happy with what is going on at the club.

I'd still be pretty pissed off with him if he walks though. When he came back, he promised he'd be around for the full 2 and a half years of his contract. It can't be much of a surprise to him what is going on - He's worked for Corney before...

If he'd done his research he should know that we don't spend money in this summer window.

I cannot believe that Corney would shell out wages, signing on fees er even nominal transfer fees for any player that Shez has clearly stated he does not want. Why would he?

I can believe that Shez wants players that Latics can't afford. Different issue entirely.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Just been informed that Shez is indeed fuming. Apparently didn't want two of the signings made. Very close to meltdown. 

Davies must be one he didn't want.

Why? On the contrary, Shez knowing Davies from old, I'd expect him to be one Shez wants. He didn't play on Saturday coz he got injured in the warm up Shez said.

It's young kids from clubs above us that Corney likes to get hold of. Your likes of Montano, Baxter and McLaughlin. Sign them and hope they shine, then sell. Some work out, some don't.

I'd stick a lot of money on Duffus being a Corney induced signing.

Just now, boundaryblue80 said:

Why? On the contrary, Shez knowing Davies from old, I'd expect him to be one Shez wants. He didn't play on Saturday coz he got injured in the warm up Shez said.

It's young kids from clubs above us that Corney likes to get hold of. Your likes of Montano, Baxter and McLaughlin. Sign them and hope they shine, then sell. Some work out, some don't.

I'd stick a lot of money on Duffus being a Corney induced signing.

Was just the way he spoke to him at Burton and him not playing Saturday but with what you say you could be spot on.

If one of the Corney signings is being paid the difference in getting a John Welsh type in you can imagine why Shez is pissed off.

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

Davies must be one he didn't want.

6 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Why? On the contrary, Shez knowing Davies from old, I'd expect him to be one Shez wants.

Roy said - on commentary for the Oxford game - something like, "...had Sheridan stayed season before last instead of going to Notts County, Craig Davies were lined up to come in on loan from Wigan that summer..."

39 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I read that corney wanted hunt when Robinson was in charge

When I heard this morning about these 2 players, the other one I thought of was Hunt. Again, a young lad on a long deal that if he does well we can make money from. If he is the other one, then a 3yr deal sees Shez's "budget" being spent for him.

2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

When I heard this morning about these 2 players, the other one I thought of was Hunt. Again, a young lad on a long deal that if he does well we can make money from. If he is the other one, then a 3yr deal sees Shez's "budget" being spent for him.

Maybe why he played him centre mid. Point being made to Corney.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Was just the way he spoke to him at Burton and him not playing Saturday but with what you say you could be spot on.

If one of the Corney signings is being paid the difference in getting a John Welsh type in you can imagine why Shez is pissed off.

I'd say Duffus. It reeks of a Joe Royle/Simon Corney deal...