Shez - "I need five or six players"

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Nobody has commented on Fane's Cruyff turns, he skinned 2 players at once. Think it was Walsall or maybe Oxford.

he was terrible for the winner on Saturday however with 2 quality midfielders next to him who are cool in possession, don't panic and retain the ball then he will be an asset.

Imagine Fane with players of the ilk if Matty Palmer and Jose Baxter in there with him. He'd be the perfect foil for them two.

with the shite we currently have it's just a mess

Dont tar their name with his brush. Hes not fit to lick their boots.

38 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

So Banks is coming in for the most stick despite his pass for the goal having been the most important (positive) act from an Oldham player during the game? 

You could argue McLaughlin putting it over the line was but he wouldn't have been able to do that without Banks's pass. 

I suspect that if he'd got stuck in for 90 minutes, like Marc Klok used to, but not created a goal most of his critics would be fine with that. 

I'd love us to replace him with better (though I'd say that for all our players,always) but, let's be fair, he's there to create first and foremost and he did his job to greater effect than any of his team mates. 

Did he really create a goal though?  he knocked a ball out to an unmarked McLaughlin who whipped in a cross that trickled into the net, it's not like the lad ever delivers a defence splitting pass and his dead balls are generally dreadful, I see players regular at non league level who could impose themselves better than any of our current midfielders and that's the problem we are now picking the dregs out of performances to justify inclusion Banks, Fane and Green for that matter are all short of what we need and there's no point in trying to justify any of their performances this season because they've all been awful. 

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Hearing David Perkins might be one of the famous five, presumably after this Saturday.

Haven't seen him play for a long while.........wasn't he a "tackling machine"?

I don't recall him playing a "midfield general" type role but I stand to be corrected.

26 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Hearing David Perkins might be one of the famous five, presumably after this Saturday.

Another 35 year old at his peak no doubt...........

He's a midfielder granted but he's failed to hit the net in his last 135 games.

15 goals in 15 years.....just what we need!

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Bloody hell, you've certainly managed to put a positive spin on that rumour.

58 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Rumour has it that Shez kit sponsor this season is Mr Sheen which should be handy because he's gonna have to polish some turds.

This is what Shez said only a couple of weeks ago about the said 'turds'...

"I want my strikers to concentrate on scoring goals. 

"And I'm confident I will have someone who will score between 15 to 20 goals this year.

"It's about picking the right team, getting them out there and picking results up early," added Sheridan. 

"If you can get results early, then it builds confidence.

"Whatever side I pick, my bench is going to be really strong. 

"So I'm not frightened - whoever I put in, I have replacements who can slot in straight away."

Two weeks later he suddenly needs 5 or 6 new players....

20 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Have we got anyone near as good in midfield at the moment?

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I don't know how to put the picture on here, but I have done on Twitter - I am almost certain that Baxter is training with us...

Unlike some bobby bull shitters on this forum, I tend to believe you and I accept you are not saying anything is 100% but I am so excited by this post

I'm off to bed and when I wake up tomorrow I so want to see a Baxter has signed thread

It's like Christmas eve

please don't let me be like Shez kids and have no present tomorrow please please please let it be Baxter on a two year plus option deal ....

17 hours ago, Magister said:

If your first 4 words are accurate everything is explained......Fane is a superb athlete but unfortunately he can't pass, he can't head , he can't tackle and he can't be trusted to be in the right place at the right time....him being touch tight to their number 10 at the throw in  , then tracking him for 30 yards before stopping to watch the ball while his man tapped in from 2 yards was , for a professional footballer , extremely poor..

And most of these are basics, that you would expect to be taught before the age of 13 and grasped by the majority of children, who play at an average level, certainly passing and tracking and heading

On 14/08/2017 at 3:22 PM, Stagger Lee said:

Unlike some bobby bull shitters on this forum, I tend to believe you and I accept you are not saying anything is 100% but I am so excited by this post

I'm off to bed and when I wake up tomorrow I so want to see a Baxter has signed thread

It's like Christmas eve

please don't let me be like Shez kids and have no present tomorrow please please please let it be Baxter on a two year plus option deal ....

Edited by singe