Shez - "I need five or six players"

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect he is referring to the latest Chron article which references Sheridan saying he might need to sell or look to be honest with people. The article assumes mcglaughlin as our only real saleable asset. 

Regardless he sounds up against it and under pressure...wonder where the main source of pressure is coming from? 

"That's probably one of the things I have to do as well," said Sheridan, when asked by the Chronicle if he needs to sell. "I have to make decisions. If I feel I need people out, then I will be totally honest with them."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/105029/sheridan-faces-tough-calls

34 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The Chron. With quotes from Sheridan...

32 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

I suspect he is referring to the latest Chron article which references Sheridan saying he might need to sell or look to be honest with people. The article assumes mcglaughlin as our only real saleable asset. 

Regardless he sounds up against it and under pressure...wonder where the main source of pressure is coming from? 

27 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"That's probably one of the things I have to do as well," said Sheridan, when asked by the Chronicle if he needs to sell. "I have to make decisions. If I feel I need people out, then I will be totally honest with them."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/105029/sheridan-faces-tough-calls

Fair enough cheers. 

Bit worrying where he says regards a keeper " whether we get one I don't know " or something along them lines. I've been pretty relaxed and by no means am I panicking but surely we NEED two keepers minimum 

Absolutely unbelievable that after only two league games and one week we seem to be backs to the wall already! This season was to be the one where we were supposedly getting back on track and aiming for top half at least.

Its very early days yet but the the squad we have in two weeks time will have to suffice until January. Unless something miraculous happens in the next couple of weeks I think we're screwed.

I'm hoping the new winger and Gardner can improve us but whether that will be enough is debatable.

We should all be used to bottom eight finish by now. I don't know why some people seem to think we can turn this around and finish top half. .It's not going to happen, unless we get investment or stop selling our better players for peanuts. I don't see that changing anytime soon either.

2009–10                 16th              
2010–11                 17th              
2011–12                 16th              
2012–13                 19th              
2013–14                 15th              
2014–15                 15th              
2015–16                 17th              
2016–17                 17th              

12 minutes ago, Up2NoGooD said:

We should all be used to bottom eight finish by now. I don't know why some people seem to think we can turn this around and finish top half. .It's not going to happen, unless we get investment or stop selling our better players for peanuts. I don't see that changing anytime soon either.

2009–10                 16th              
2010–11                 17th              
2011–12                 16th              
2012–13                 19th              
2013–14                 15th              
2014–15                 15th              
2015–16                 17th              
2016–17                 17th              

I remember them heady heights we reached from 2013 thru to 15. I can only dream of such days returning in my lifetime. Cmon mate we got to hope somehow we can go against the grain ala Walsall Fleetwood etc. I could be wrong but I don't see them investing millions upon millions. For me what we need is good management great team spirit and a bit of togetherness. Don't get me wrong I'm not wet behind the ears a decent team helps a lot but imo that's what it took Wilder to get Sheff Utd going after 6ish years. So not just investment alone will guarantee it. 

The issue we have this season, unlike most of the 5 years, is that we haven't got a number of loanees that we we can swap for other loanees. That was supposed to be a good thing, but not feeling like it at the moment.

With so little room for maneuvre, my hope is that this is Shez's way of giving them a severe kick, and jolting them into playing more to their capabilities. There is a team in there. Just.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Fair enough cheers. 

Bit worrying where he says regards a keeper " whether we get one I don't know " or something along them lines. I've been pretty relaxed and by no means am I panicking but surely we NEED two keepers minimum 

God help us if we are relying on the emergency keeper if we need one.

But She'z's quoted remarks contradict each other
"Believe me, I am not just sitting back and settling for one goalkeeper as it is going to bite us on the backside.
"We are trying to get one in. With circumstances, whether we can get one in I don't know."

Of course, he is trying to get a keeper, and he acknoweldges that would bite us, but then says, he doesn't know if we cna get one in?

It's not clear what he means, what does he mean "circumstances", that he has blown the budget on all the other outfield players already yet was trying. that assumes someone was about to leave but didn't.

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Absolutely unbelievable that after only two league games and one week we seem to be backs to the wall already! This season was to be the one where we were supposedly getting back on track and aiming for top half at least.

Its very early days yet but the the squad we have in two weeks time will have to suffice until January. Unless something miraculous happens in the next couple of weeks I think we're screwed.

I'm hoping the new winger and Gardner can improve us but whether that will be enough is debatable.

We can lose the next 3 games and still stay up comfortably. Hell we could even go up if we really put our minds to it.

Remember Sheridans first season we lost the first 2 he tweaked it brought Chris Porter in upfront put Liddell on the wing drafted in Simon Charlton and put Chris Taylor on the left wing and it clicked.

He needs to just make a similar tweak.

Have faith folks these things have a habit of turning round very quickly.