Shez - "I need five or six players"

This no service seems to have followed Holloway around his whole career!!, lets be real if we are going to debate the lack of goals. Holloway wouldn't score 1 in 5 regardless, he is not a top notch scorer. So if we are to use him in the side then it is him that must be a provider of chances.

Duffus, currently looks way off the mark. That's not to say he can't come good, we just don't know because he hasn't had the time or track record of a Holloway to know.

Osei is what he is, non league/lower league two striker who's best ever season will be 8-10, whilst his average about 6-7

Davies is passed his best speed wise but would hope with chances provided would take 1-3. So with him depends on the chances he gets

Tope on his day can bag. Decision making isn't the best. He's that type of player, best return in any given season 8

So there you have it. A top line of lower figure goal getter's.

Next subject? 

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Some fucking belting managers and coaches on here in the wrong game. We'd be alrite if we sacked our veteran manager and employed one of you ?

Tbf Shezs tactical naviety so far this season indicates he still has a lot to learn. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Some fucking belting managers and coaches on here in the wrong game. We'd be alrite if we sacked our veteran manager and employed one of you ?

Well Sheridan apart, we couldn't do much worse than the shite we've endured over the last couple of seasons.??

5 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Tell you what-let's just keep signing strikers until we have a team of 10-sod it let's put one in goal as well and then we should score goals based upon your logic.

Still seems to be this blind spot or maybe he just doesn't know that the midfield is not good enough as it stands.

That's the Droylsden philosophy, down to 10 men for most of the game last Saturday and scored 4 away from home, including 2 from a centre back.

Edited by BP1960

2 hours ago, Lags said:

This no service seems to have followed Holloway around his whole career!!, lets be real if we are going to debate the lack of goals. Holloway wouldn't score 1 in 5 regardless, he is not a top notch scorer. So if we are to use him in the side then it is him that must be a provider of chances.

Duffus, currently looks way off the mark. That's not to say he can't come good, we just don't know because he hasn't had the time or track record of a Holloway to know.

Osei is what he is, non league/lower league two striker who's best ever season will be 8-10, whilst his average about 6-7

Davies is passed his best speed wise but would hope with chances provided would take 1-3. So with him depends on the chances he gets

Tope on his day can bag. Decision making isn't the best. He's that type of player, best return in any given season 8

Next subject? 

No...holloway is not a top notch striker..top notch strikers play for premier league clubs!!

18 minutes ago, rigsby said:

No...holloway is not a top notch striker..top notch strikers play for premier league clubs!!

There are top notch scorers at all levels of the game. Just like Luke Beckett.  However one of your statements agree with mine and is correct.

Edited by Lags

3 hours ago, Lags said:

Next subject? 

So you can make a sweeping judgement on Osei having seen him a handful of times, but Duffus you can't? Interesting 

18 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

So you can make a sweeping judgement on Osei having seen him a handful of times, but Duffus you can't? Interesting 

Osei I've seen plenty of.  If he turns out better than I think he will, I'll be the first to say.

Why is it on this board there's little debate rather than one up manship shit?

Tell me in your view, why is my opinion wrong? you never know you may tell me something I didn't know

Not sure why I am reading so much support for our strikers, im not confident that any of them would bag 10 in a league season as i have said earlier, even if we had a decent midfield nevermind a good one.

What worries me, as others have said is the wasted wages. Im going to hazard a guess to our highest earners.

1. Clarke (understandable after last season, even though he has been shaky to say the least so far this)

2. Holloway 

3. Flynn

4. Gerrard

5. Davies

For a team without a pot to piss in, 3/4 of them are a complete waste

26 minutes ago, Lags said:

Osei I've seen plenty of.  If he turns out better than I think he will, I'll be the first to say.

Why is it on this board there's little debate rather than one up manship shit?

Tell me in your view, why is my opinion wrong? you never know you may tell me something I didn't know

Not trying for one up man ship but how many times have you seen Osei play and for whom ? I've only seen him a couple of times and I thought his cameo v Carlisle in last years joke cup he looked a real threat. Something to work with there for me. 

7 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

Not sure why I am reading so much support for our strikers, im not confident that any of them would bag 10 in a league season as i have said earlier, even if we had a decent midfield nevermind a good one.

What worries me, as others have said is the wasted wages. Im going to hazard a guess to our highest earners.

1. Clarke (understandable after last season, even though he has been shaky to say the least so far this)

2. Holloway 

3. Flynn

4. Gerrard

5. Davies

Not far wrong there bud

19 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

2. Holloway 

3. Flynn

4. Gerrard

5. Davies

Very few complaints about any of them when they signed, your point about wasted wages is invalid.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Very few complaints about any of them when they signed, your point about wasted wages is invalid.

But it is not. I posted earlier about signing another striker-we don't have enough money to keep signing strikers until one hopefully clicks. Would you give him more finance to sign another based on his recent purchases and the way he is setting up his teams?

Just now, whittles left foot said:

But it is not. I posted earlier about signing another striker-we don't have enough money to keep signing strikers until one hopefully clicks. Would you give him more finance to sign another based on his recent purchases and the way he is setting up his teams?

Given that I have no idea how much money is available I can't answer that.

Just now, deyres42 said:

How is it invalid? Just because i may not have been sat on my PC or phone on OWTB the day we signed these players? or because i didnt invite you to the pub the day me and the lads talked about it, does that make it invalid? 

The talk of us paying a fee and Corney saying it was the most he has shelled out on a player in Holloway, this is a striker who has yet to hit double figures in his professional career, we, a club with no money should not be paying money and big (for us) wages on this type of footballer, surely? Surely thats a valid point?

The fact that Davies hasnt had a regular starting spot or got on the scoresheet regularly for 4/5 seasons and yet we sign him?

8 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

How is it invalid? Just because i may not have been sat on my PC or phone on OWTB the day we signed these players? or because i didnt invite you to the pub the day me and the lads talked about it, does that make it invalid? 

The talk of us paying a fee and Corney saying it was the most he has shelled out on a player in Holloway, this is a striker who has yet to hit double figures in his professional career, we, a club with no money should not be paying money and big (for us) wages on this type of footballer, surely? Surely thats a valid point?

The fact that Davies hasnt had a regular starting spot or got on the scoresheet regularly for 4/5 seasons and yet we sign him?

Davies was a joke of a signing,as for Holloway he won't see double figures in games he plays never mind goals!!

9 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

Not many were complaining about Holloway signing, he hasn't produced the goods yet, it happens.

Flynn came with pedigree albeit with concerns about consistency.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Not many were complaining about Holloway signing, he hasn't produced the goods yet, it happens.

They weren't, but I couldn't understand why. His goal return was terrible when he was with us previously, I don't think he'd scored at Fleetwood and he cost (by our standards) a lot of money...

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I remember reading a few comments of people saying they would rather have gone for Main than Holloway though.

Im not fully against Holloway, i feel sorry for him seeing as he gets the ball smashed at him from 60 yards away and our midfielders are all stood on the edge of Gerrard and Clarkes toes for the majority of the game, but we shouldnt be signing him if his main job is to score or even have a dig at goal every 4 or 5 games.

Flynn came with pedigree of being inconsistent with a team in the playoffs for 3/4 years? why would he ever get more consistent for a team being in the bottom 3/4 every year in us? Bad signing then really.

That's just a nice way of saying he's a free loading passenger in my eyes

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not trying for one up man ship but how many times have you seen Osei play and for whom ? I've only seen him a couple of times and I thought his cameo v Carlisle in last years joke cup he looked a real threat. Something to work with there for me. 

I ain't taking it as one up manship, you've made a point of view in there.

Seen him quite a few times down at Bower fold, I reside in Stalybridge abd possibly seen him in all his Latics games.

For me he's non league/league two and wouldn't be prolific.